Recent Topics

Ads

Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 87

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#41 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:24 am

No it's not fake info it's called sc buffs, and I don't just have one lucky screeny so you don't want to be opening that can of worms.
Dundy [engi] 40/81
Persapius [magus] 40/61

Ads
User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 87

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#42 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:31 am

Not "fakeinfo" they're called sc buffs. It's no lucky screeny either so you don't want to open that can of worms.
Dundy [engi] 40/81
Persapius [magus] 40/61

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 87

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#43 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:51 am

Tankbeardz wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 am
https://imgur.com/MaZlubm

This is hardly a level 15. this was a 40/50 in almost full conq inside the Praag keep a few minutes ago. Sure it's a squishy and not in BiS gear...but the armor value difference in mitigation between the BiS set and this is not that high. Also, I wasn't using a the 15% damage tactic.

Still think engi is weak and cant hit 3k?
Yeah. Don't mention your damage as screenshots or anything because we know how much actually gets mitigated. In 6v6 situations I rarely see crits over 1k.

And then we get the whole "yea but this class is goooood for pugggs ayy xdd" *toilet bowl cracking sounds in the background*

Yea let's **** optimise for pugs when almost by definition in this game, a pug is an inexperienced player. stupid logic. stupid argument
Dundy [engi] 40/81
Persapius [magus] 40/61

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#44 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:59 am

Rifleman Engineer in current morale meta is incredibly potent for 6v6 (was pretty good beforehand too, btw), and if you're only critting for 1k then I doubt you're hitting the right targets/focusing guarded targets, or using armor debuffs at all.
Image

Tankbeardz
Posts: 573

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#45 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Crumbs wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:51 am
Tankbeardz wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 am
https://imgur.com/MaZlubm

This is hardly a level 15. this was a 40/50 in almost full conq inside the Praag keep a few minutes ago. Sure it's a squishy and not in BiS gear...but the armor value difference in mitigation between the BiS set and this is not that high. Also, I wasn't using a the 15% damage tactic.

Still think engi is weak and cant hit 3k?
Yeah. Don't mention your damage as screenshots or anything because we know how much actually gets mitigated. In 6v6 situations I rarely see crits over 1k.

And then we get the whole "yea but this class is goooood for pugggs ayy xdd" *toilet bowl cracking sounds in the background*

Yea let's **** optimise for pugs when almost by definition in this game, a pug is an inexperienced player. stupid logic. stupid argument
Honestly I have no idea what you are saying here. It's a bunch of gibberish.

I'm actually disgusted that my engi does better damage than my magus in most situations.

You count SC buffs as regular damage for some reason. My 3k snipe would have been 4k as well with a SC buff...what exactly is your point?

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 87

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#46 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 am

Tankbeardz wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:01 pm
Crumbs wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:51 am
Tankbeardz wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 am
https://imgur.com/MaZlubm

This is hardly a level 15. this was a 40/50 in almost full conq inside the Praag keep a few minutes ago. Sure it's a squishy and not in BiS gear...but the armor value difference in mitigation between the BiS set and this is not that high. Also, I wasn't using a the 15% damage tactic.

Still think engi is weak and cant hit 3k?
Yeah. Don't mention your damage as screenshots or anything because we know how much actually gets mitigated. In 6v6 situations I rarely see crits over 1k.

And then we get the whole "yea but this class is goooood for pugggs ayy xdd" *toilet bowl cracking sounds in the background*

Yea let's **** optimise for pugs when almost by definition in this game, a pug is an inexperienced player. stupid logic. stupid argument
Honestly I have no idea what you are saying here. It's a bunch of gibberish.

I'm actually disgusted that my engi does better damage than my magus in most situations.

You count SC buffs as regular damage for some reason. My 3k snipe would have been 4k as well with a SC buff...what exactly is your point?
Ok simple terms for everyone;

1. Screenies with your big damage that we as engi/magus are known for, are not evidence of either being better. great, you shot a lightly armored newbie with your 60s armor pen buff. We're familiar with these numbers, on both sides

2. anything can stomp pugs, and a bw can achieve higher dps and achieve greater mobility. Aka don't use pugs to measure a classes potential.

3. The point was it doesn't matter how high the damage was if it's extremely situational and a one-off, and you and the other bloke supported that. With the SC buffs comment. Same principle.

We can go tit for tat about which class has what in place of something else, but if I was to upload my magus/engi screenies and swapped the icons on the scoreboard you wouldn't tell them apart. I play both similarly but to their best strengths, as anyone else should be.
Dundy [engi] 40/81
Persapius [magus] 40/61

Tankbeardz
Posts: 573

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#47 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Crumbs wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 am
Ok simple terms for everyone;

1. Screenies with your big damage that we as engi/magus are known for, are not evidence of either being better. great, you shot a lightly armored newbie with your 60s armor pen buff. We're familiar with these numbers, on both sides

2. anything can stomp pugs, and a bw can achieve higher dps and achieve greater mobility. Aka don't use pugs to measure a classes potential.

3. The point was it doesn't matter how high the damage was if it's extremely situational and a one-off, and you and the other bloke supported that. With the SC buffs comment. Same principle.

We can go tit for tat about which class has what in place of something else, but if I was to upload my magus/engi screenies and swapped the icons on the scoreboard you wouldn't tell them apart. I play both similarly but to their best strengths, as anyone else should be.
How about I simplify this for YOU:
•You said engi cant hit 3k snipe...I refuted that with evidence (Pug or not) in a keep fight with no SC buff.
•You said BoC can hit for 4k in an attempt to show how much more powerful it was than Snipe. You failed to mention a SC buff and were called out for that...then you backtracked and said it SC buff should count anyways, even though it's not an apples to apples situation.
•You keep talking about pugs and then referencing SCs. News flash, pugs play SCs too.
•You reference 6v6 and then BW...BW suffers in 6v6 just as engi and magus do. Sure, it is more viable, but still **** in 6v6, so I'm not really sure where you are trying to go with this either.

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 87

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#48 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:29 am

Tankbeardz wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:27 pm
Crumbs wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:53 am
Ok simple terms for everyone;

1. Screenies with your big damage that we as engi/magus are known for, are not evidence of either being better. great, you shot a lightly armored newbie with your 60s armor pen buff. We're familiar with these numbers, on both sides

2. anything can stomp pugs, and a bw can achieve higher dps and achieve greater mobility. Aka don't use pugs to measure a classes potential.

3. The point was it doesn't matter how high the damage was if it's extremely situational and a one-off, and you and the other bloke supported that. With the SC buffs comment. Same principle.

We can go tit for tat about which class has what in place of something else, but if I was to upload my magus/engi screenies and swapped the icons on the scoreboard you wouldn't tell them apart. I play both similarly but to their best strengths, as anyone else should be.
How about I simplify this for YOU:
•You said engi cant hit 3k snipe...I refuted that with evidence (Pug or not) in a keep fight with no SC buff.
•You said BoC can hit for 4k in an attempt to show how much more powerful it was than Snipe. You failed to mention a SC buff and were called out for that...then you backtracked and said it SC buff should count anyways, even though it's not an apples to apples situation.
•You keep talking about pugs and then referencing SCs. News flash, pugs play SCs too.
•You reference 6v6 and then BW...BW suffers in 6v6 just as engi and magus do. Sure, it is more viable, but still **** in 6v6, so I'm not really sure where you are trying to go with this either.
Yes that's why I've had to repeat myself so much.

1. I never said it couldn't
2. There's no backtracking of any kind. I mentioned it was with an SC buff every time. Either way 3k is achievable on both ends, the point was that those very situational numbers don't count for much.
3. Yes and pugs shouldn't be taken into account for in class balance the way we look at them as inexperienced solo players. A good pug that plays well and knows their limitations will get around anything, and might still 6v6 occasionally
4. I reference 6v6 because I want to see how relevant a 3k snipe is there
Dundy [engi] 40/81
Persapius [magus] 40/61

Ads
Tankbeardz
Posts: 573

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#49 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:36 pm

Crumbs wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:29 am
Yes that's why I've had to repeat myself so much.

1. I never said it couldn't
2. There's no backtracking of any kind. I mentioned it was with an SC buff every time. Either way 3k is achievable on both ends, the point was that those very situational numbers don't count for much.
3. Yes and pugs shouldn't be taken into account for in class balance the way we look at them as inexperienced solo players. A good pug that plays well and knows their limitations will get around anything, and might still 6v6 occasionally
4. I reference 6v6 because I want to see how relevant a 3k snipe is there
You are only right about part 1. That was Karast. The other points were all valid. Good day sir.

User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2721

Re: Engineer vs Magus crit tactic problem

Post#50 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Numbers are numbers nomather if you hit pugs or not. To many varibles come into play when you look the calculated numbers. The only intreasting part is the equation it self, looking at it from start to finnish. Getting insanly high numbers is usually a combination of low toughness, low mitigation and no defensive buffs. If you still get hit with insanly high numbers with all these things up is when you should start worry about ballance.

Engies have so many things they can do that Magus can't to boost their and group members numbers that I highly doubt there's a imballance here. Just the auto attack and weapon dps boost to skills is probobly sufficiant to offset that crit dmg tactic and Engies doesn't even need to slot a tactic for it.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: emiliorv and 16 guests

cron