Recent Topics

Ads

Advice for a new player

Let's talk about... everything else
Revolver

Advice for a new player

Post#1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:06 am

So me and my friends are going to start over (We played in 2012) as a small group of new adventures on this server tonight, and i have a few questions.
For example,

1# Faction: What Faction are in most need of players atm :?:
2# Class: What 4 Classes in both faction are most needed in rank 40 at this moment :?: (We are 4 players)
3# Other: things like Advices/hints/heads up/stuff new players maybe should know :idea:

Ads
Drozen

Re: Advice for a new player

Post#2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm

if you are looking for the old school pvp combat that WAR had you should prob not even bother, that's gone. but if you guys want pve yea have fun. with that said..

#1 swings back and forth
#2 pick what you want
#3 Dont expect what it was once.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Jastojan

Post#3 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello and welcome!

I am relatively new player here (started in January/Feb?). Have some 60+RR characters and I suggest you to create 1 char on both sides until lvl 16-17 - you could join big battles in open zones and then you could see, which side is for you. I was order but moved to destro -where I have all chars (only 1 SW 50+ RR on order). But both sides need good players I think. But on destro side we need more healers. Healers are needed everytime :) Before you start to play check the career builder to see the mastery trees and skills you can get. Maybe there are few changes you don´t know. For example. My first char was SW beacuse of the morale... which was nerfed/deleted as OP (but I did not know that before I create char). So you should take a look on it :) Join the WAR and enjoy the game!

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm

1) Be determined to better yourself: don't be so quick to attribute your failings or losses to bugs/exploits/imbalances, look inwards first. Always question whether or not you did everything you could have done, whether or not you had the right spec, used the right rotation, could have done X better, etc. Far too many people in RoR attribute their failings to external factors, when the reality is that 90% of their failings are down to them.

2) Make friendly with a competent guild. I can't stress this enough. Don't just settle for your run-of-the-mill guild, with 3 active players and no desire to play together as a unit, utilising good comp synergies etc. Look for guilds that run active RvR and SC groups/warbands - preferably on comms - so that you know you'll be in a good environment to learn the game at a quick pace.

3) Play both realms. Some of the most arrogant and ignorant feedback/comments tend to stem from players who have only ever played one realm, and are naturally more inclined to being less impartial with their judgements. Get a feel for both realms, explore your counters and opposites, learn the game thoroughly.

Manatikik

Post#5 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:53 pm
3) Play both realms. Some of the most arrogant and ignorant feedback/comments tend to stem from players who have only ever played one realm, and are naturally more inclined to being less impartial with their judgements. Get a feel for both realms, explore your counters and opposites, learn the game thoroughly.

I feel personally attacked.
<Montague><Capulet>

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:16 pm

1. Destro
2. tank/heal
3. read rules. Don't do stupid things to get banned.
learn taunt, challenge, guard and detaunt asap.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:33 pm

What I think you should realize is that you shouldn’t play for “what is most needed”, or “what is best” but rather what is fun for you or one day your gonna log on and realize that this character that you grinder out to a high level, pushed through dungeons, grinded out forts to get BiS gear etc

Isnt fun to play and that every time you log on it feels like a chore, happened to me a lot because I focused on “what my faction needed” or “what is the best class in the game for that archetype”, or “what classes does that guild I really like want”

Alfa1986

Post#8 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:04 am

1. Always play for your own pleasure, as you want and not as others indicate (if you like dd am / sham, play dd am / sham, like dd RP / Zealot, play dd RP / Zealot, and do not pay attention to messages like ' delete the game ',' kill yourself ').
2. In no case at the initial stage do not enter into large, skilled guilds. no, if you have served in the army for 5 years before and are used to thinking like a robot to follow all the orders, you are welcome. in other cases, it’s better to look at all the guilds and choose the one that you like, and is most suitable for the style of your game.
3. More often join the queue for the scenarios).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Ashoris

Post#9 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 pm

@alfa1986 and tentonhammer:
Try to understand the question of what is most needed in another way.

There are people who prefer to play the needed class because they have more fun in contribute to a good group or warband setup ( with the right class) than any specific class can give them.

The question is a legit one, but cant be answered with a little bit more information where you want to contribute mainly.

Whats needed ?
DPS who can assist and dont overextend.
Tanks who can guard and support a dps.
Healer who know they cant save everyone :-)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Martok

Post#10 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Apologies.
Last edited by Martok on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...