Recent Topics

Ads

rules of communication in ROR, Is it possible to write any nasty things and rudeness?

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

rules of communication in ROR, Is it possible to write any nasty things and rudeness?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:08 am

I just would like to clarify with the administration the framework for permissible communication, if there are any of them. And how does the staff relate to various insults, threats of physical violence, obscene language from completely unfamiliar people from general chat or pm?
I think that many newbies receive similar messages and threats, and something needs to be done.
My personal opinion is that such actions cannot be permitted, and must be strictly punished, otherwise communication will turn into continuous abuse and garbage.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: rules of communication in ROR, Is it possible to write any nasty things and rudeness?

Post#2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 am

>get flamed in RoR
>get mad
>oh wait we are on the internet
>realize that, wait for it, we are on the internet

oh ****, here we go again

(tip: you can mute people in game)

sioding
Game Master

Re: rules of communication in ROR, Is it possible to write any nasty things and rudeness?

Post#3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:44 am

We have rules and gamemaster - you can open tickets for the GM´s. You can create screenshots and hand them to a GM via discord/forum or whatever. And of course as shaggy said: use the ignore feature.
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:50 am

In general we moderate things.

Minor flame is maybe alright but harassment, threats and otherwise nasty stuff will get dealt with by the GM staff if reported.

Alfa1986

Post#5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:02 pm

no, I'm not complaining and I know that there is an ignore list of course). I myself can answer rather rudely. I was just surprised that people got banned for the innocuous names of characters who seemed offensive to someone, but at the same time, some people (high renown lvl) were not at all afraid to write real insults in the game itself and felt completely protected. on the other hand, playing in such an atmosphere is not very pleasant.

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:41 am

surely low renown lvl players would never flame

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:49 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:41 am surely low renown lvl players would never flame
And why is that?!? why do high-level players have the right to insult other members of the community?! such reasoning in my opinion is very Toxic. in any case, this topic may be closed. Although the phrase 'minor flame' is not very clear, I am afraid that everyone will understand this to the extent of their education and upbringing.

sioding
Game Master

Post#8 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:49 pm
shaggyboomboom wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:41 am surely low renown lvl players would never flame
And why is that?!? why do high-level players have the right to insult other members of the community?! such reasoning in my opinion is very Toxic. in any case, this topic may be closed. Although the phrase 'minor flame' is not very clear, I am afraid that everyone will understand this to the extent of their education and upbringing.
we need a sarcasm flag - some ppl don't get it
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Had to - sorry.

Marawo

Post#10 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:10 pm

People who flame you and call you a noob, but can't explain why you are "such a noob" are often resident on MT. Stupid.
They know about certain aspects and their effectiveness by trial and error, but they can't explain how and why these things work.
Their overconfidence stops them from asking questions or doing their research on how things affect each other.

Criticism of ability =/= direct personal insult
A tiny bit of mental fortitude goes a long way (inb4 this is an insult because of the implication)

(toxic still fire after all those years tbh)