Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

If.... teams not even

Post#1 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:33 pm

.....then end the bloody match please.

18 v 13 = not even teams
12 v 8 = not even teams

How these matches are allowed to even get out of the starting gate is puzzling. Once people load in and the teams are obviously imbalanced the match should either end immediately or give the system an additional minute to balance the match(load in late comers) before the game ends. That's PRIOR to allowing either team to leave their spawn.

Had several of those type numbers in scens numerous times today that never shut down.

Match just now, started with 12 v 8 then about 3 minutes in we ended up outnumbered 18 v 13. Wow. No thx. How does the team that has more players, get even MORE new players loading in so the imbalance is even more outrageous? This was probably the 10th match in a row today where our team was terribly outnumbered.

I love the game but I'm a bit jaded over having to endure heavily numbers imbalanced scenarios since early this morning. I caught myself saying "Just one!!!" as in "just one match with same number of players per team". Didnt happen. The lack of proper balancing sucks the fun right out of the game. I'll take a proper spanking when it's even teams and I dont mind the zerg in RVR. Having to endure heavily lopsided numbers imbalances in an instanced scenario over and over and over is maddening.

Ads
Detangler

Re: If.... teams not even

Post#2 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:54 am

well.... sometimes the scenario pops on people in combat, and they wait for 50 seconds and then click "yes but give me a minute." The scenario still holds their spot the entire time it happens.

meanwhile the scenario queue sees that 4 more on both sides want to join, so it allows those 4 to join. sometimes you get even more teammates that are in the same scenario as above.

its just chance on who is queueing, who gets picked, who's in combat, who's afk when the scenario pops, etc.

if you ever worked a service industry in your life before, you know some nights your job is excruciatingly slow, other nights there's a line of customers out the door. stuff like what you experienced in your scenario happens sometimes. sometimes it happens a bunch of times in a row and you feel like the world is against you. i assure you, it is not.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dansari

Post#3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 am

Have had this happen on numerous occasions, though not as wild. It's a great feeling when you're 12v9 or 12v10, which happens too often seeing as scenarios are supposed to be the "balanced numbers" situations.
<Salt Factory>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 am

as stated of the window pops then the matchmaker has found as balanced teams as it cna find (numbers should always be balanced) it cant however do anything about players either asking for an additional minute or not taking it at all.

Alfa1986

Post#5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:38 am

Do u suggest to spread aao on the SCs?))
Sometimes i missed the sc only becouse i was in afk 2-5 min and did not have time to press join's button and got debuff. May be make better if u dont press button, it will be meen automatic connection and not autimatic refuse as now. Also possible it would be better decrease time to think about u would like to join or not (now it is something about 1.5 -2 min). If u start to queue it will meen that u already agree doing sc but any way is always there is possibility to quit if it so needs.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Detangler

Post#6 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:26 pm

the real question is: why the hurry on starting a new scenario, mythic? i dont think there would be too many complaining if, in the case of a few players on one side hit "give me a minute," the scenario itself was given 1 more minute to get started. it wont completely stop unbalanced numbers, but it'll at least help some.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:36 pm

People put to much emphasis on even numbers.
You don't have to run into enemies head on. Play with a brain and the resources at your disposble at the moment and make the best of it. 12vs5, they might have 11 dps and 1 heal and if you just have 1 ballanced group of 5 should net you a combat win atleast.

kmark101

Post#8 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:39 pm

or maybe have AAO as well in SCs :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#9 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:08 pm

I don't want to assume, but the OP sounds like the zealot in t2 scs. He complained in every SC. and in one sc. he had 78k heals vs several order healers at 204k. If this is the case...i wouldn' t blame the personnel numbers, but those green numbers.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:58 am

AAO in scenarios sounds like a good idea if the scenarios aren't ended. It'd give compensatory rewards to outnumbered players. I also think (and Idk if I'm wrong if this already exists I've not played scenarios for a long time) adding a quitter modifier would result in fuller games, if you queue up to join a scenario but delay and then don't join the match, you should be barred from queuing for another scenario for 20 minutes.

roadkillrobin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:36 pm People put to much emphasis on even numbers.
You don't have to run into enemies head on. Play with a brain and the resources at your disposble at the moment and make the best of it. 12vs5, they might have 11 dps and 1 heal and if you just have 1 ballanced group of 5 should net you a combat win atleast.

True, but that is only likely to occur in a pre-made. PUGS are not realistically going to be able to 5v12, even with a balanced group. A common problem can't be argued against with a niche situation, it needs a practical fix to either mitigate the issue or fix it entirely. And the only practical approach in my mind is to mitigate the issue, otherwise we'll be going back to 10-20 minute queue times...
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.