Recent Topics

Ads

Leveling: returned to the game

Let's talk about... everything else
Abolition

Leveling: returned to the game

Post#1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 am

Hi all!

Returning to the game after a couple of years off and convinced some of my buddies to play the game. We usually play in the PM Central Australian time (GMT+0930), which isn't exactly prime time for either EU or NA. Due to various working schedules, we usually only play together on the weekend.

I have a few questions about progression in the game. I have browsed through the Wiki and the forums, but much of the info on the forums seems to be a bit older, and I am not sure if it is current or not.

The game has changed a lot since I last played, and I noticed that the 'traditional' levelling method of powerlevelling has been utterly butchered. We are levelling on Destro and are currently around level 12-14. We are enjoying the T1 SCs and ORVR at the moment, but I was wondering what is the best way for us to progress, get gear and level once we hit 16 and go into the T2/3 system?
  • Given our play times, is it even worth bothering with T2/3 SCs/ORvR, or should be just try and push through to T4? I noticed that level 40s can ORVR in T2/3, which seems a bit rough for lowbies (I understand bolster goes up to 48, but still)
  • I understand that Sacellum is available to run for gear - is this designed to be done in the "late teens" of levels (18+)? Is it even worth doing (ie. outlevel the gear rapidly)? Am I correct in understanding there are quests in place that allow you to get the gear (relatively) fast?
  • I understand there are three epic quests per tier - are these worth doing in T2/3, or should we just push through to 31 through questing and SCs and start the gear grind while doing the T4 epic quests?
  • How do you initially obtain decent gear in T4, and what is the subsequent gear progression like? I understand the epic quests give decent weapons, but is it a matter of grinding T4 PQs for Ruin gear (I saw a token system is in place), and then grinding PVP for SC/ORVR gear, or trying to get Beastlord?
  • Am I correct in understanding that Gunbad is Level 40, presumably requiring decent gear mentioned in my previous question (Ruin, Officer ORVR/SC, Beastlord sets) before attempting?
Thanks in advance - looking forward to getting back into the game!
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Leveling: returned to the game

Post#2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:58 am

Hi! and welcome back mate!
there is no need to rush at r40, bolster can meke you really powerfull if you put up some decent talis.
forget about sacellum. at that lvl you rank up so fast that for the time you get the keeper set it will already be obsolete. also forget about epic T1/T2/T3 quest. T4 epic quest can be worth but depends on your classes.
once at r31 you can start to look for your T4 equip. if you rank via PvE you can get ruin set. it's fast and cheap but is good until you can get annihilator/mercenary. if you rank up via mixed RvR/SC/PvE then at 35 you should have enough medal/emblems to get annihilator or mercenary. both are good set to start with.
gunbad can be done from r31 (or r35? i dont remember...). i suggest you to do it as soon as possible if you are interested in PvE since you will not be able to wear further PvE gear if you havent all the redeye set.
the old ward sistem doesn't work anymore. actually there are 3 PvE set: Redeye, Sentinel, Bloodlord. to wear sentinel you must have all Redeye and to wear Bloodlord you must have all Sentinel.
i suggest you to rank up via RvR till you reach RR40+ and then decide if you want to rush to r40 farming PvE or to take it slowly and keep up with PvP.
RvR give you more renown than SC and SC give you mor exp (if you win) than RvR.
a good way to get exp fast (expecially at low level) is to do the kill quest. you can find the quest giver in each WC, they give you 10k+ exp for each 25 kills (which are very few if you join a WB)
Zputadenti

michela89

Re: Leveling: returned to the game

Post#3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Abolition wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:40 am
  • Given our play times, is it even worth bothering with T2/3 SCs/ORvR, or should be just try and push through to T4? I noticed that level 40s can ORVR in T2/3, which seems a bit rough for lowbies (I understand bolster goes up to 48, but still)
  • I understand that Sacellum is available to run for gear - is this designed to be done in the "late teens" of levels (18+)? Is it even worth doing (ie. outlevel the gear rapidly)? Am I correct in understanding there are quests in place that allow you to get the gear (relatively) fast?
  • I understand there are three epic quests per tier - are these worth doing in T2/3, or should we just push through to 31 through questing and SCs and start the gear grind while doing the T4 epic quests?
  • How do you initially obtain decent gear in T4, and what is the subsequent gear progression like? I understand the epic quests give decent weapons, but is it a matter of grinding T4 PQs for Ruin gear (I saw a token system is in place), and then grinding PVP for SC/ORVR gear, or trying to get Beastlord?
  • Am I correct in understanding that Gunbad is Level 40, presumably requiring decent gear mentioned in my previous question (Ruin, Officer ORVR/SC, Beastlord sets) before attempting?
Thanks in advance - looking forward to getting back into the game!
1 that's because there is no T2/3 RvR. It's T1 and T4 rvr now. Scenarios are T1 / mid tier / T4. Absolutely worth it, especially considering in tier 1 and mid tier scenario you can easily be the top dog. Let me tell you, T4 scenarios are not going to be fun as a lvl 31-39 poor geared solo pugger (highly depends on the class too tho, on healer is nice, on Melee well yeah good luck you will need that)

2 In general for me no. For fun? yes. I don't see the point, just get gear from Scenarios or RvR. Getting fully geared in tier 1/Mid tier is so easy and fast anyway.

3 Epic quest may be nice to do for the experience, or even the lore or the Skin of the armor. I don't usually do lately on my new toons. I'm gonna easily replace those weapons with Scenarios lvl 39 ones anyway.

4 depending on the class and what you want to do. Usually for me it's a mix of both Scenarios and RvR. Ruin can be nice or can be completely skipped.
The thing is the experience change quite a bit from player to player depending what's his situation like.
Beastlord is always worth getting, it's easy to do, just need to have some little luck to get in groups, or try to build one yourself.

5 Im no pve expert, but as far as I know Gunbad is the starting lvl 40 dungeon for the pve progression yea. N idea what kind gear people expect you to be decked in to join a group tho.