Recent Topics

Ads

SC almost dead

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: SC almost dead

Post#51 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:20 pm perhaps I ll say a slightly different opinion, but my point is that an attempt to strictly regulate and make a clear framework in the scenarios will lead to full fail. in fact, people want just good interesting fights (and it doesn’t matter 2 tanks vs 2 healers, or 4 dps vs 4 dps), and not hard concrete rails mounted in concrete with rigid unshakable rules, and the point here is not at all in the rewards. There are already serious problems associated with both the selection system for players in the sc and domination. Scenarios are not the part of the game that needs to be tightly regulated, many people ask u to make not just scenarios with unbalanced groups of 2 + 2 + 2 !, but generally scenarios without healers or 1*1,2*2,3*3 arenas. Indeed 2+2+2 not really only one work combination, 4 good dps which works on one target + 2 can burn it very simple, sure about that.
You might be missing the point there. Every scen available to be made, even with bad comps, is still made. The scen manager will attempt to build 2+2+2 comps first, and fill the rest.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Acamano

Post#52 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:39 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:15 am unlike 1 year before SC pop easy
now 30mins -60mins pop
fort make no ppl do SC and PVE
is that ROR give up SC?
If the future direction not on SC, pls tell us.
It is hard to up renown with SC since the new system always make the sc end with under 500.
Just find a group. As a tank I enjoy finding other people to play with to hasten the que times for sc pops for everyone. The issue is no one wants to be in a Chinesehero group if they can help it lol... But for everyone else: Find a s&b tank or healer and you will notice sc times, even in the most dead of NA hours, will pop much more quickly. I'd wager you could /5 "lf healer/tank sc trio/roam", find someone(s), que for sc, finish an sc, and reque in the time it takes to wait for one sc to pop as a solo dps. As Order... Idk about Destro.

Even as a solo tank que, the longest I have had to wait has been like 20-30 mins. (This was during NA while a fort was open and both other t4 zones were open.)

rulke32

Post#53 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 pm
rulke32 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:08 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 pm Just trolling but, on live, scenarios were pretty rare and completely unbalanced too, they have obviously not done any fix in 5 years. This said.. You have high expectations from a total non professional team, 40x smaller to solve it :), I really thank you for the respect you seems to have Iin our skills, but maybe you should keep in mind that no one should be more royalist than the king..

This said, like almost everything in this Huge Work in progress mess, we have to find solution, test, change, move on, come back, test, and maybe some day it will be even worst!...
T
BH i think you guys already did a great job with ideas like "pug" sc and a sc system that tries to put certain classes together to build a "solid" group. With that sc are mostly already much more fun than they where on life.

I see the problem more in the "incentive" to play sc. Since you get the best weapons in pve and mostly the better sets you dont "need" to play sc anymore. For example i dont understand why you put so many "best" rewards in pve dungeons, sets, weapons, jewels,
So if there would be for example still the best weapons for sc emblems the pool of people who play scs would be much higher and that would also help to balance sc because the system has more players .
There could be also than a full pug sc even without duo and when you then also lower the amount of different maps and it happens that there are several sc from the same map running parallel it would prevent a bit that people just que toghter without beeing in a grp etc.

I know that all this still need to be done it will not magical appears. But i think you understand what i try to say.
This is a content issue. The power gap for the current brackets is already very wide. When we have another tier of content available you will have more gear to go with it. Current scens/rewards are pretty much locked in at this point, hence refinement of systems. If anything, we may add additional rewards that are similar on the power scale, but if we've suddenly turned into a PVE server simply because loot there is nice, I would be mildly disappointed.
i am totally with you regarding the power gap, that when there will come something it should be additional and not stronger. It could be also possible to get pve weapons over sc. But even with that there is for example the problem that you dont get for every class for every playstyle something in pve what makes it btw harder to form grps for pve. There is for example no reason why a salvation wp should make the dungeon grind that and other reasons make sure that this server will not be a pve server but thats another topic.

Long in short I think the "rewards" are and important point to keep sc alive thats what i just wanted to say.

I dont know if it is something i have in my mind that you are able to get everything over sc so rvr & pve stuff. But when you want to have rvr / pve stuff over sc it is much more expensive than the original sc stuff. So you can grind it in sc it just takes much longer as if you do it over the orginal way, but thats just a fast brain fart :).

Sulorie

Post#54 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:44 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Full groups > add to scen pool
Partial groups > add to scen pool
Solo > check archetype > fill gaps > begin scen

Check again until less than 6 queued on either side. It won't start a 5v6 for example.

When solos are considered filler, can the following situation happen?
2 dps players both queue solo. Player A gets 2 pops in a row, player B gets no pop.
Can this happen?
Dying is no option.

alusnova

Post#55 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:44 pm
orfeask wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:48 pm

This is very much intended. Solo queue is bottom priority, queue depth will try to make 2-2-2 groups. If you had 8 healers in queue and 2 DPS, it would pick up both the DPS, the only bias is to make balanced groups. Queues will always start if 6 players on each team can be found. It fills the most balanced scens first. There isn't a line that you wait in, the queue refreshes every 5 minutes and randomly selects again using the same criteria.

I'm sure we've explained this before.

If you're sitting in queue for a long time, ask a healer or proper tank to queue with you and a pop becomes much more likely. Don't solo if you have the option not to. Even a duo of DPS will have better chances for getting a scen pop.
Might as well remove the "Join Solo" option in the scenario queue since thats how the scenario manager deal with matchmaking, I am pretty sure there would be no difference with what we have now.
Personal experience on my part as a solo DPS hasn't been nearly as drastic. Some change? Yes, of course. Crippling the entire scenario scene? Not quite, but we will keep trying apparently.

Most statements I see like this I assume are wildly exaggerated to make a point. Which is unfortunate as the further something seems from reality, the less credence I give both the post and over time, the poster. Provided the increasing dramatics continue over time, some people are easy to outright ignore despite what good points they might make. It's just not productive to get involved with them in a serious matter as you can't trust their observations to be representative of reality, instead being a skewed mess of emotions and drama.

I'm not the person you quoted for example but I did post here about my experience since coming back and as a solo que player and in 2 months I have gotten 200 medals. Are we being dramatic? Maybe but are we exaggerating that currently for NA players (I mainly play NA) scenarios are practically non-existent.

Look I made my peace I guess , I'll eventually get to 1500 medallions even if it takes me 6+ months .

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#56 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Check again until less than 6 queued on either side. It won't start a 5v6 for example.

2 dps players both queue solo. Player A gets 2 pops in a row, player B gets no pop.
Can this happen?
Yes, it's a brand new queue each time. Selections are random. Some people are infinitely luckier than others as we've seen with anything related to Genesis gear.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sulorie

Post#57 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Can this happen?
Yes, it's a brand new queue each time. Selections are random. Some people are infinitely luckier than others as we've seen with anything related to Genesis gear.
Isn't it possible for solo fillers to add some waiting-line for heal, tank and dps? Groups still get priority but it won't be a frustrating gambling for all others.
Dying is no option.

Grock

Post#58 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:12 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Can this happen?
Its not really a "queue" then
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Luuca

Post#59 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:00 am

SCs are there to simply provide those willing to endure SCs and all the issues that come with SCs an opportunity to get a weapon slightly better than Subj.

It's a lot of work and anguish for a slightly better weapon, but some of us still have hope. I only need to lose another 1098 SCs to get my weapon! So close!!

Ninjagon

Post#60 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:32 am

Luuca, winning is better :-)
Get a friend or 2 and you will see (huge) difference.
With a group, 100 emblems per session (2-4h) should not be a problem.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: