Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker vs Blackguard

Let's talk about... everything else
Aebel

Ironbreaker vs Blackguard

Post#1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:13 pm

Just out of curiousity, I often hear that IB is flat out better than BG in most respects as a class. I have both at about level 20 and honestly my BG feels harder to kill. Is IB better or are they pretty similar?

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Ironbreaker vs Blackguard

Post#2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:19 pm

They're both incredibly potent & viable tanks in the smallscale scene, and you would be doing your realm a huge service by picking either one of them to play.

Tesq

Post#3 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:53 pm

Just s+b bg being useless in rvr but if go 2h ppl wont take you seriusly or still advocate for another s+b ch/bo so.....

DokB

Post#4 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:49 am

Generally, you should look at both classes once they are 40/40 to see which one you would prefer. Speaking from a 2H perspective:

IB has better oathbuddy buffs with AF/Oathbound and has the option to run Tri-Spec (Cave In/Ancestors Fury, Oathbound, Earthshatter, Outgoing HD). IB has better burst.

BG has better AoE debuffs (Crimson Death, Hastened Doom, Furious Howl) and the longest punt in the game. They also have the longest KD in game if you are inclined to play SnB.

Both are hard to kill, but I would say IB are slightly tankier and thus harder to kill due to the racial tactics/regular tactics available to them.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Aebel

Post#5 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:11 am

Thank you, that's some good info for 2h. Any different for SnB?

bichka

Post#6 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 am

DokB wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:49 am

Both are hard to kill
both lacks any form of resistance buff, except IB with corp one for 10s. Not sure if any IB using it.
so they are not so hard. Only real defence IB have is 5s M2 against any damage.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:13 pm

IB as SnB does not bring any group wide abilities in ORvR. You are still a 8-10k hp pool for guard and HTL, but you don’t bring the Knight’s auras. However due to the lack of tanks on Order, you will be welcome to any pug wb.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

bichka

Post#8 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:36 pm

IB's (snb or not) buffs is pretty good to carry mdps. +parry +crit or even more if IB turns into pure buffbot.
only duration is a problem. 10s isn't so much.

Ads
Azerreth

Post#9 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Seems like IB is stronger than BG, Might be the better synergy between them and their buffs. As well how they scale on armor and BG's scale more on toughness (Which was gutted and nerfed here.)

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

Azerreth wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 pm Seems like IB is stronger than BG, Might be the better synergy between them and their buffs. As well how they scale on armor and BG's scale more on toughness (Which was gutted and nerfed here.)
Disagee both are strong in small scale, though i agree that IB is strong there due to oath buffs but BG is still great for melee trains

but in ORvR and WB play BG is far stronger