Recent Topics

Ads

New Content?

Let's talk about... everything else
Wikkyd

New Content?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am

Hey, I'm happy with the game as is, and am super happy it's been brought back :)

I was wondering if it's possible for new races to be added in?

Not asking if you will, but is this a possibility in the future or is the team under serious technical restrictions?

I just really wanna play skaven :)

Ads
Yaliskah
Former Staff

Re: New Content?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:35 am

Well, question is not simple to answer.

Technically it is not impossible, it will just take some centuries :).

Now question is, even it would be super fun, is the game (mechanics, map design, factions, items, quests, and so on...) designed to host a new race ? Answer is no unless we go to change/edit almost everything.

Simple question, how could we introduce a 3rd faction (skaven, undead, ...) in the actual state of game? What would it imply? 3 faction scs? 3 factions ORvR zones (meaning, 3 pve areas, 3 WC, 3 faction quests, 3 faction items sets, 3 keeps, ....) and what about city siege???

Reesh

Post#3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:52 am

Quick answer - no.

Acidic

Post#4 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:30 am

Butcher version of how to inject third faction with limited change and no consideration of new classes.

First give new faction a zone:
Lore , the elf nation harmonized their differences publicly and expell the extremist dark and high elf’s (player races) , these races move to empire zones, existing rivalries in the elf community remain so story lines of elf zone remain as is but are used by third factions as they are aligned with the elf’s nations and third faction Learn about elf lore while questing.

Keeps and rvr change a bit as warcamps needed for 3 alliances. (3rd alliance is comprised of whatever races can be built, skavern maybe)

Keeps and zone capture , similar to current except effectively both keeps are ruin state and can be captured by any of the three factions , holding four bo (including keep ruin) wins zone. No keep owned by faction at startup, guild involvement on keep ruin allows doors and oil to be deployed on owned keep.
Fort and city a bit harder as these are typically 2 sided fights.

Oh well had fun thinking about the idea, so take with pinch /box of salt

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 am

Wikkyd wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am I was wondering if it's possible for new races to be added in?

The OP is asking only for NEW RACES, not for a whole new FACTION....

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:29 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 am
Wikkyd wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:57 am I was wondering if it's possible for new races to be added in?

The OP is asking only for NEW RACES, not for a whole new FACTION....
Even so its still an unrealistic amount of work to add in when we are not even feature complete yet. Each race add would either need mirror of existing careers or entirely new ones, both making balance even harder between the 2 realms we have. Then each race has to make sure ALL armor they can equip work with their models, they need animation sets, career icons...

The list goes on :D

Zxul

Post#7 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 pm

On the side note though, I always felt that Slaanesh chosen (realistically implemented of cause, screw noise marines) would make a great addition to the game.

Use existing animations- for example, the one in Viper Pit, where Slaanesh cultist ties up a slave above what if I remember right was originally a fire animation, would make for a great moral. Call it "Shh, I know you like it", I'm sure order will appreciate it as well- finally they will get to play vs their enemies according to the Warhammer lore.

Also, does anyone remembers if the game has any existing whipping animations?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

marisco

Post#8 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 pm

It's not impossible. Just very very very very improbable.

That's your answer.

Ads