Recent Topics

Ads

A message for the devs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Ashoris

Re: A message for the devs

Post#41 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm

account sharing in any MMO and on freeshards especially is not uncommon.
But everyone knows the risk of it, not the sharing is a problem on a freeshard, but in case of a ban it will hit everyone.
This is common knowledge - and procedure not only on this freeshard.

personally i would like to have peter not banned he sounds like someone who can state things in this game outside of his personal bias and thats needed here.

But i also understand the staff banning the accounts (the evidence for selling is pretty solid from my point of view).

And in this case everyone who shares accounts knows of this risk (the exact reason why you do it only with ppl you really trust).
The Question would be, why is someone linked to so many accounts either so stupid to act so suspicious, or so mean to not care about the ppl who trusted him :(
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
oaliaen

Post#42 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Mister crastyir , if your acc have relation whit a acc seller and same IP by others acc's , maybe you could get banned..
Now, prove that Devs are wrong and your guy will play again.
Silently we bide our time
Soon we'll pay you back
For all the wrongs you've done our kind
For the stabwounds in our backs

Dabbart

Post#43 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:26 pm

I think people are forgetting the main issue here, is the Account Seller. Not the sharing of accounts. It is common knowledge for those that have been here awhile, and those that frequent the forums(Peter counts as both), that sharing your acct can be dangerous, as you are liable for anything tied to your acct or IPs that log to your acct.

Would any of this been an issue w/o the account seller? No. Would they of still banned the accounts even if there was no perceived "issue" between the account holder and the Devs? Absolutely. This is easily shown, in that they banned everyone connected, not just Peter.

If you loan your car to your brother and he breaks the law and gets arrested in it, they might impound the car. Your knowledge of what happened is irrelevant. Your approval of what happened is irrelevant. Fairness really has nothing to do with it.

It sucks, and I'm sad to see Peter gone. Sadder to think that Fusion might be gone. Saddest that this will just end up being another partially explained smear campaign against the Devs. But... I mean one of the only true hard rules on this server is against financial compensation, period. I'm surprised Fixxer didn't pick up a Ban for posting his Twitch loot since it has RoR graphic on it. Every Dev/GM/etc has been extraordinarily clear on this, no money. If Yali is out of pocket every month for this server and specifically doesn't even allow discussion of sending donations, how could anyone even act surprised that selling your account would lead to this?

btw, how much did he even get? Who the hell pays for an acct on a free priv server?

Sulorie

Post#44 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Grock wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:12 pm

In regards to account sharing and account selling:
This game uses moba-esque balancing approach with strong group-based niches for playable classes, while simultaneously having MMO approach of long leveling and gearing process to make said classes viable at high level of play

This essentially makes character sharing a nesessity if you want to play competitively but cant spend months leveling and gearing up multitude of different characters
This is a problem with game's design, not with players.
Excuse me but this is nonsense. All those "competitive" players have may more time to play than the majority of casual players. Not to mention, that leveling with a set premade is super fast.
Dying is no option.

wachlarz

Post#45 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 pm

Some time ago brother of Peter was baned and unbaned. So stil lerning...

courtsdad1

Post#46 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Grock wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:12 pm
Krastyir wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 pm
If you know (or suspect) that someone close to you is doing 'something' (I guess exploits were involved?), you wouldn't want to continue to play or share accounts with them
That would be hard if you live in the same house and use the same internet connection
This all looks like it is normal for competitive players to gather warnings like candy and getting banned in the end. Why do some people always try to cross the line and not think for once how they behave?
In regards to account sharing and account selling:
This game uses moba-esque balancing approach with strong group-based niches for playable classes, while simultaneously having MMO approach of long leveling and gearing process to make said classes viable at high level of play

This essentially makes character sharing a nesessity if you want to play competitively but cant spend months leveling and gearing up multitude of different characters
This is a problem with game's design, not with players.
Ridiculous, utter BS

BeautfulToad

Post#47 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Dabbart wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:26 pm
It sucks, and I'm sad to see Peter gone. Sadder to think that Fusion might be gone. Saddest that this will just end up being another partially explained smear campaign against the Devs. But... I mean one of the only true hard rules on this server is against financial compensation, period. I'm surprised Fixxer didn't pick up a Ban for posting his Twitch loot since it has RoR graphic on it. Every Dev/GM/etc has been extraordinarily clear on this, no money. If Yali is out of pocket every month for this server and specifically doesn't even allow discussion of sending donations, how could anyone even act surprised that selling your account would lead to this?
I think you are reading into things a bit too much. Even here, the devs might want to find out exactly what happened and then dish out bans accordingly, they might want to see if anyone is clearly not implicated and try and salvage 3-4 players, or they might ban everyone connected. All these options are within the rules, and ultimately it is a private server run by enthusiasts, it's the rules that they think is best for their project. If you look at the ban appeals most are lifted, indefinite bans are rarely indefinite and most appeals succeed with enough time. The account being sold is an issue, all I can suggest is for players involved to come clean or at least explain what they think happened, as it is likely the main way to rescind bans.

qwerty113

Post#48 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 am

Reesh wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:02 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:02 pm
Wow...didnt know they were banned, but well deserved. And Good Job devs.
Could you dare to explain, in what way the ban was well deserved, especially when in that particular instance tos of the server were not broken?
Or perhaps you just wanted to jump onto hate wagon?
I think you want ban also
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#49 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:22 am

qwerty113 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:10 am
Reesh wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:02 pm
oaliaen wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:02 pm
Wow...didnt know they were banned, but well deserved. And Good Job devs.
Could you dare to explain, in what way the ban was well deserved, especially when in that particular instance tos of the server were not broken?
Or perhaps you just wanted to jump onto hate wagon?
I think you want ban also
OOOOOOOOHOHOHOHO GOT'EM!

You got something on your nose, pal.

adapter

Post#50 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 am

now peter can go play some pve at classic wow