A message for the devs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

bichka

Re: A message for the devs

Post#101 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Korze is Khorze which was banned on live for farming renown for his "brother" by jumping from keep as naked to kill him faster? how pity.
Shace / Orkansas / Gorlum
Shinku / Suiseiseki / Kirakishou

Ads
Rida

Post#102 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:56 pm

bichka wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm
Korze is Khorze which was banned on live for farming renown for his "brother" by jumping from keep as naked to kill him faster? how pity.
Did he hurt you somehow by doing it?
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Reesh

Post#103 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Teabag from wall hight must've gave him trauma.

BeautfulToad

Post#104 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:13 pm

CountTalabecland wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 pm
Not that knowledgable about MMOs but I am pretty sure they all always told people not to give out their account passwords for several reasons.

I know money via subscriptions was the motivation for making people spend time leveling alts through all tiers , but sharing account to get around making an alt strikes me as weird, seems like the expedient thing to do would be to make a new friend who has the class you are looking for.

I see that “sharing”’is not explicitly mentioned in the ToS, but if someone had asked me yesterday if sharing was something that was allowed my gut reaction would have been to say that it will get you wiped and banned.
Account sharing probably makes sense if you pay a subscription, but I dont think you'd ever do it with someone you only know online. I think hundreds of players share characters with family members, etc. Account sharing will happen all the time, and it would be stupid to ban it entirely.

There is a question of whether a blanket ban is fair, and really that should be the discussion here. Instinctively, I see it as unfair, but accept that the issue is not black and white.

As I see it, the devs could judge these on a case-by-case basis since the community is small enough to manage. For example, if someone can show they shared the account only temporarily several months ago, and do not share it any longer, then maybe there's a case.

The problem, as multiple devs have pointed out, is players will perceive hard done by if they get banned and others don't. Likewise, if the community gets big (and it is quite big already), there is no way RoR will have the resources to run what would be a court system for every person who runs foul of someone else's transgressions while sharing an account. There is evasion aspects too; if you dont have blanket bans, how do you stop players from selling accounts or cheating and then moving onto shared accounts?

There is no easy answers, but being careful who you share accounts with is certainly the main takeaway.

Anjanolian
Legacy RR80

Post#105 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:36 pm

Collateral wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:47 am
....Loosing such passionate members of the community over something that can be resolved (if devs really want to that is) just leaves a bad taste. Say what you want about him, but he has a lot of game knowledge and experience (in small scale) and was actively trying to make the game better.
+1

Sometimes he is really rude but we will miss him....I hope he will turn back to game....
...Bride of Khaine...

anarchypark

Post#106 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm

ask it this way,
can u stop account seller from playing his brother's account? they already shared account b4.
money involving is most dangerous for this game's life.
possible ban evasion for such player is not acceptable.

maybe it's time to move out for independence
and prove that he's not sharing account with nobody.
it might change decision.
after all, we all love this game. ( sometimes too much )
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL3
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE5, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze4, BO3, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

oaliaen

Post#107 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm

So..he have a brother1 who have his account banned for trade account...But this banned brother1 still plays on his clean brother2 account on same house , same IP..Wouldnt it be a ban evasion and a Account Share by any means? Did they shared the money of the selled accounts? Who knows...all of this is so confuse and tragic.
ImageImage

Haskr

Post#108 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:27 pm

oaliaen wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm
So..he have a brother1 who have his account banned for trade account...But this banned brother1 still plays on his clean brother2 account on same house , same IP..Wouldnt it be a ban evasion and a Account Share by any means? Did they shared the money of the selled accounts? Who knows...all of this is so confuse and tragic.
Did they hurt you in RvR? Because every post I see from you is either bootlicking or joy that the server got even smaller.

The devs don't appreciate bootlicking by the way, im pretty sure of that.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#109 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:50 pm

im just wondering...i see you have some appreciation for your buddy..but wasnt me who got across the rules.
ImageImage

Luth

Post#110 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 pm

anarchypark wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm
and prove that he's not sharing account with nobody.
it might change decision.

2x negation means affirmation. I guess you mean somebody which makes it impossible to prove, logic etc.

oaliaen wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm

I understand that the own guesswork can be sometimes confusing but that's not a tragedy, seriously.