A message for the devs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

oaliaen

Re: A message for the devs

Post#91 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Fusion of the Hate Wagon...let it go man, its done. ;)
ImageImage

Ads
DanielWinner
Community Manager

Post#92 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:08 pm

It’s indeed better to focus on the topic (even if it seems a bit bizarre).
I suppose, the thread is at stage of “last words” so choose them wisely.
Hating and offense from one side or boot licking from the other won’t bring us to anything in the end.

So again, choose what you’d like to say wisely.
This colour is always used for moderation and opinion of the team.

Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Alfa1986

Post#93 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Spoiler:
Naharis wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am
I've been told by someone to take a self-imposed break from the forums to re-evaluate whether my current line of thinking was conducive to positive change because i was in a mood of self-destruction, so i'll try to be nice and positive. :)
wargrimnir wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:40 pm
Zegota wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Nah man, this is a flex. Public drama, public execution, shoot first ask questions later. This could've have been done behind closed doors but it wasn't. If there are innocent victims, it's not GMs fault even though they pulled the trigger, it's the culprits. Classic demonizing.
Nice.
I posted the ban evidence after the appeal was made because it was requested I do so, and we knew it would be contentious. There's nothing remotely demonizing in my statements.
If it were handled behind closed doors I would have been fine with that as well.
I'm sorry, for what i know you have been asked to go talk privately. But you denied. :) <3
Alfa1986 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:55 am
According to all the laws of the talk show, the first girlfriend of Peter, the first teacher of Peter and his former housekeeper must now go on stage. So waitng...
I wonder how long it took you to give birth to such a useless and stupid comment! :) <3
Custonello wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:35 am
I'm reading some realy idiotic post about question if "If im in the same guild will i be banned aswell" and bla bla bla. to those people... I don't see how that helps Jon. If i was staff i would ignore any further commenting on this post and if there are fellings that have not been adressed to it personly. this post is stupid and will only continoue to spiral.
Please show me who those guilds members are. Also never heard about sarcasm?
You claim this thread is stupid but actually you felt to come join and comment with such high quality content. This aint gonna help jon aswell m8. :) <3
qwerty113 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am
Sulorie wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am

With such a comment, I guess you need some lessons in people skills too. Can't you use a normal tone?
Women dont interfere when big boys talks
I see the sarcasm...do you consider yourself a Big Boy? Very cute from you. :) <3
Yaliskah wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am
In the present case, dozen of accounts have been suspended. A dozen. All connected to a person who has committed a very serious violation of the few rules that we impose on you. Rules that in this precise case are supposed to protect you (the community) too in a certain way.
These rules are simple, clear, full of common sense, warnings about account sharing and the risks involved, which everyone respects without even making the slightest effort or even thinking about it. The field of action and the threshold of tolerance is quite wide, and more than 8000 unique players every week seem to accomodate without the slightest problem, without having the least interaction from near or far with the GM team.
But let's get back to our subject.
When someone tries to trade an account, he is banned. We do not trade the game itself for obvious reasons. In the same way, we (the team) do not sell items, preconstructed account, pay to win. It's a question of ethics. If you want to sell wallpaper, t-shirts (ask for the rights of use of the Logo is the least) or monetize your Twitch or your youtube video, this is not our problem, because it is indirectly related (exemple : i bought an account, but the character isn't like the seller said, can you make appropriate change, cause i paid for it! Are we responsible? Shall we? no.). I think everyone validates this point (except those of course who want to violate this rule)
When someone is suspended for ban evasion, consecutively ban, everyone applauds and laughs. Normal, most of the time, we do not know him. We take the IP, and we disable all the accounts. Period. We do not want to know if it's Bill's account, Dolly or Bob. Because we are not going to spend our life stirring **** and sorting. Nobody gets paid for it.
In the past, some did not fail to stage a public court to highlight what they considered to be excesses and abuses on our part. These same people who in the same movement gave us the example to follow: "I AM THE MODERATOR" that nobody has forgotten, associated with an absolute prohibition to defend ourself. A beautiful lesson in accuracy and impartiality.
I'm doing this slight digression, but it's about. On this forum, everyone is able to come and speak freely (respecting seemliness), and unless you greatly exceed the limits, this right is acquired.
This said, it is incredible that some people who accuse us to be unjust and biased, as soon as they find an interest in it -as defend a buddy- being openly biased themselves without the slightest embarrassment. Straight in their boots.
This time, "celebrities" are splashed and buddies come to the rescue. It starts from a good intention, have no doubt on it, but I think that the main interested are big enough to assert their rights and defend themselves.
The other collateral victims of this sanction, which you may not know, will not have the chance to benefit from your fraternal intervention. Take them all or none. It would have been questionnable if half of involved account only had been banned...
On a side note, many players including PtP can be annoying sometime, disagree with the team strongly, trolling even there is something about it in rules, even in the worst case, some have just the will to hurt. You know the names, and even, since years, they are still around, not banned, sometime warned or muted but still here, sharing their negative opinions, repproaches and criticism daily.
Where it becomes funny, it is when X or Y in the team is pointed as a person abusing his power to shut ppl down, with personnal purpose. Some ask us to justify ourselves, and sometime we try. I wonder why we try, as i do actually. While we were well explained that just saying "I AM THE MODERATOR" was enough.
Some have decided long time ago, we were the enemies. For those, we can't do much, except it seems being their reason to breath.
I would like to remind that this thread is been open not to justify or defend the "Account Seller" or the person guilty of "Ban Evasion".
Account selling and Ban evasion are to be condemned, when they are committed.
First of all, Peter got banned in first place from the forum after posting this:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:02 pm
Ysaran wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:36 pm

there are always a lot of ppl online, to me this means that everything is fine. But maybe i'm just naive
Ehh, vast majority of people aren't gonna take any notice of a lot of things (not that there's an abundance of bad stuff rn, just saying).

Aside: it is really perplexing that Thunder Valley, Khaine's Embrace & Stonetroll Crossing are all, yet again, in the SC rotation, when the Map generator is supposed to be RNG :lol:. I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but the fact that all 3 of these maps are in the rotation - for yet another successive week - is pretty baffling.

I see why this made him banned from the forum! Bad Peter, Bad! :) <3

After he got banned from the forum, he got banned form the game aswell, convicted guilty of Account selling/Trading account. The fun fact is that he didnt sold anything, his brother did it.
He got banned becasue guilty of sharing the same house of is brother (same IP), guilty of sharing and letting his brother play his account aswell, but sharing account or being siblings is not a valid reason to be banned for. Is it?

Now...i wanna keep it up nice and positive so my hope and suggestion are all about giving those people that got banned and convicted guilty for associations to prove if they are guilty or not. Because they got no possibility to do that for what i am aware about.
:) <3
Actually, not so much, about 2 minutes. I just read in the morning with a cup of coffee the last comments. It’s just that reminded me of countless talk shows whose plot is based on a situation where a husband is cheating on his wife with a flight attendant.

As for the topic, there is a formal reason for the ban, whether it was the main reason or the last memes that some of the developers considered insulting, who knows. But besides him, several more players were banned, but no one is humiliated and whines that they would be forgiven. Personally, I am more confused why he was banned from the forum two days before this public execution? As a result, you are discussing a person by his back, but he cannot answer you, this is not so cool.

Natherul
Lead Developer

Post#94 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:08 pm

right, this has derailed properly. Im temporarily locking this thread while mods will go through the posts in here as there is def some violations going on in here

EDIT:
unlocked. Its been looked at by mods. Dont insult eachothers
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Xumae

Post#95 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Sometimes u just get banned
Demonlarry RR7X Magus
__________ RR7X Squig herder
_____ RR7X dps dok
Xumae RR6X Mara

toffikx

Post#96 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:52 pm

I’d like to write something here, but i literally have nonthing to add. Can I get a manticore mount maybe?

CountTalabecland

Post#97 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:58 pm

Not that knowledgable about MMOs but I am pretty sure they all always told people not to give out their account passwords for several reasons.

I know money via subscriptions was the motivation for making people spend time leveling alts through all tiers , but sharing account to get around making an alt strikes me as weird, seems like the expedient thing to do would be to make a new friend who has the class you are looking for.

I see that “sharing”’is not explicitly mentioned in the ToS, but if someone had asked me yesterday if sharing was something that was allowed my gut reaction would have been to say that it will get you wiped and banned.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/70) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/43) (RP) -- Ungrinn (33/29) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/66) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there.

altharion1

Post#98 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Evidence of accounts being sold over discord.
Spoiler:
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

Ads
Rida

Post#99 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:30 pm

altharion1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:17 pm
Evidence of accounts being sold over discord.
Spoiler:
Dude, I thought we were friends :roll:
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

pompownik666

Post#100 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 pm