Recent Topics

Ads

removed from balance...

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: removed from balance...

Post#41 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 am
Acidic wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 am This thread is probably the clearest example of why devs have in the past just done changes they thought were right and then see how it turns out.
My advice in responding to change threads is chose your points and focus on the one or two points most important.
Just cos you can does not mean commenting everything is a good strategy
i commented 7 out of 30 morales

7....jeez...
First two pages of the thread for FEEDBACK not discussion you posted 5 times if I’m not mistaken. But no point commenting my posts, I just try to give you insight into why you may have run into issues and things to think about.
Think all know when I post about things close to the heart I’m not totally without fault
Last edited by Acidic on Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
qwerty113

Post#42 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:11 am

I think Tesq become simple annoying for his balance flood and devs just pissing off of it. What can i say, i think 1-2 weeks is enough
and you will be unbanned
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Luth

Post#43 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 am

saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 am Im clearly with tesq on this one. First of all, theres no rule about colors anywhere in the forum offense list. Meaning you cant ban someone from a subforum for not following the rules. even if a dev asked not to use colors, the highest sanction would have been a warning, not a ban. The escalation process is all written down in the rules for forum devs. Second: This was actually one of Tesqs easier to read walls :^) it had pretty good structure tbh (coming from someone who actually had to read your walls back then @tesq).
Third: Every Sanction taken against a Player in the forums MUST be followed by a private message stating why action was taken. Its in the rules for forum devs.
The "don't be ****" rule can be bent to ban virtually everyone; I'm sure it could be used to ban you for this post and me for my post too.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#44 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:01 am

Luth wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 am
saupreusse wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 am Im clearly with tesq on this one. First of all, theres no rule about colors anywhere in the forum offense list. Meaning you cant ban someone from a subforum for not following the rules. even if a dev asked not to use colors, the highest sanction would have been a warning, not a ban. The escalation process is all written down in the rules for forum devs. Second: This was actually one of Tesqs easier to read walls :^) it had pretty good structure tbh (coming from someone who actually had to read your walls back then @tesq).
Third: Every Sanction taken against a Player in the forums MUST be followed by a private message stating why action was taken. Its in the rules for forum devs.
The "don't be ****" rule can be bent to ban virtually everyone; I'm sure it could be used to ban you for this post and me for my post too.
Well everyone should be held accountable to these rules that exist for both sides.

Dammy095

Post#45 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:18 am

lol, he was on balance team ?
this guy knows nothing about game, he plays forum instead

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#46 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:20 am

Did anything even come out of the balance thread anyways?

roadkillrobin

Post#47 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:23 am

Luth wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:38 am
And thats why its a bad community rule that can be easily be used by authority to silence anyone that present "problematic" opinions, nomather how sound or logic that opinion is.

Imo, the colouring is helpful to people that got a hard time seperating between the topics and the content in a text, if the colouring it used with a systematic manner.

Ysaran

Post#48 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:18 am lol, he was on balance team ?
Lol, doesn't exist any balance team. He is prevented to write in the balance subforum. He may know nothing about game, but you don't know nothing about what's going on here
Zputadenti

Ads
Penril

Post#49 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 pm I can't think of a balance forum without Tesq :(
Indeed.

wonshot

Post#50 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Dammy095 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:18 am lol, he was on balance team ?
See that the thing, the way this original post is worded it made me raise the very same question, simply because of how hard Tesq's post are to read and understand.
Does he have the right intentions, absolutely. But those messy walls of text just become exhausting and they are often full of missinformation that really starts derailing alot of topics. Most of the time they are just whine beating around the point and mixed with bad formulating it just becomes really exhausting to read and take in.

Is it rough to ban him from taking place from balancing, yeah kinda. But it sure as hell will improve how balance feedback and move on at a better phase when you dont see someone with 5k useless posts, jamming the channel and killing the focus for the readers.

I dont know all the game mechanics in the game, but when I get involved in some debate the LEAST I can do is click on the "Career builder" up top and check out the class or ability that is being used and then add personal experience to whatever point I will try to make. In this case he just adds flavored personal experience, not to actually help. But just to grind his post count. And I fully understand how that was getting enough for the Devs.

Stop "post-zerging" and they might let you back in, take this as a chance to improve id say
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO