Ads

Lockout timer for switching realms

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Re: Lockout timer for switching realms

Post#11 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:26 am

dawius wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:14 am
Ysaran wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 am
Deadkiller wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm after one side got some wipes they logged out and the other side gains near the numbers what logged out before on other side! Well i dont think its coincidence
Correlation doesn't mean causation
Yes it is a nice and correct maxim, but usually it is followed by the explanation of the true cause..
and the phenomenon is so easy that there is no reason to think the two are not related.

It is evident that every night, after a wipe you can see your wb lose players, and automatically wbls start to ask in chat for new players. And it also evident as the difference between the number of players in the two factions continues to grow during the night. It is normal that people who have 1-2 hours to play prefer to gain some renown in an easy way than to respawn again and again in the wc.
I agree with Deadkiller's suggetion to implement a lockout timer for faction switch. Probably 12h lockout timer is exaggerated, because it is important to guarantee that people play faction they want.
But, in my modest opinion, a 30min-1h lockout timer could be a nice way to discourage people to change faction in the attempt to follow the best zerg.
well, i agree too on a lockout for xrealm but i dont think that xrealm is a mass phenomenon. after a wipe ppl log out, this is true but usually it doesn't log in the other faction. if you see the aao increasing is just because its calculated from the ratio between the two faction and thus if one start to log out you obtain the same effect as the other is logging in and thus the aao increase.
Zputadenti

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am

People log out after a push or a wipe, that happens every single day between 4-6pm PST. The EU players push for one final zone, keep, or till wipe then go to sleep. Meanwhile, west coast NA players are logging in. Few hours later, EST goes to sleep and oceanic logs in. Then the russians, then back to EU. Numbers don't mean anything. This is an international server housing players from EVERY time zone. Every few hours you have a group going to sleep and a group getting on.

Also, use the in game search function. There could be hundreds of players on each side but only 1-2 wbs. Players entering or leaving the rvr lakes doesn't mean anything.

Unless you know the player and their alt's names, simply claiming Xrealm isn't proof of anything. And even then. I might be solo PUGing on my lowbie destro toon before my guilders login for a preplanned order night. Why is that bad?

Lastly, you can have multiple accounts. How would a lock out timer on an account "stop" anything? And before you say anything about 2 accounts, some players want to have 1 of every class. This requires 2 accounts.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

BeautfulToad

Post#13 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:38 am

I disagree with this. I think the numbers switching is not a result of xrealming. The player base is larger than you think, and people leaving at the end of failed seiges is a natural point in the battle to take a break or stop playing for the day.

Dabbart wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am People log out after a push or a wipe, that happens every single day between 4-6pm PST. The EU players push for one final zone, keep, or till wipe then go to sleep. Meanwhile, west coast NA players are logging in. Few hours later, EST goes to sleep and oceanic logs in. Then the russians, then back to EU. Numbers don't mean anything. This is an international server housing players from EVERY time zone. Every few hours you have a group going to sleep and a group getting on.
Basically this.

Deadkiller

Post#14 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:15 pm

well ok but in my opinion its a strange coincidence if both sides got near even numbers 100 for exampel and after few wipes one side ends with 50 people and the other gains people and get 130-150! thats just what happens on that day , sure not all change sides, some logg out or do other stuff. But im sure a decent amount of numbers just switch to winning side! Sadly i cant proof it :( !

bichka

Post#15 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:22 pm

on Xrealmer's or YRealmer's place i'll made few accounts. To avoid such timers.
Unless devs appling timer to all accounts for same IP.

Dabbart

Post#16 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Think about it. 150 fighting on each side is 300. If there is 700 logged in currently(atm the server just went down, but I saw it over 700 a little bit ago), then that's half the current player count fighting in that zone. How many hear about one side wiping, and say "Oh damn, time to get into ORvR then", and how many give up and go do something else?

I know it "feels" rough. But a swing of 1-2 WBs isn't indicative of anything at all.

Unless you know a specific player and their alts you can't call Xrealm. There are too many other factors. And yes, I have seen absolute Xrealming. I've seen guilds spam /t4 to start a push for a keep, then swap sides to farm those attacking. Not for a long time, but yes it has happened. In those instances, just PM a GM. No need to shame or whine on the forums.

Lastly, the GMs have login details and IP data etc etc. If they felt it was an issue, they'd have data showing that.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.