Recent Topics

Ads

What are you supposed to do in T2?

Let's talk about... everything else
eisenhans
Suspended

What are you supposed to do in T2?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:57 am

I played some toons on this server and in my experience, after T1 - which has RvR as much as you want most of the time - and until T4 the game is pretty much dead. Or am I doing something wrong? T4 doesn't give you rewards yet when you're fresh into T2. No INF, no RR, no XP. So it's no use running around with the big guys yet. I think T4 starts to give our rewards when you are, well, T4 (Level 32+). At least it was that way on my WP. Tried it out again on my AM today, and sure enough, no points (except running supps which makes you a prime target for ganking or lolleeching when I get a WB spot).

So the problem is that the levels from 15 or 16 (where you get chickened in T1) and 32 (when you can properly join the blob in T4) are.... mostly dead. There are some WB's in T2 and T3 sometimes, all of which are already in their 40s, only rarely open and even more rarely with a free spot to join. Solo'ing (like running supps) is suicide at that level. So RvR is mostly out, but how am I supposed to spend this T2/T3 time? SC's usually don't pop outside peak hours. Grinding PQ mobs is mind-numbing. Questing has a bad XP/hour ratio and the gear is sub-par.

What am I missing here? I hit this speed bump on all my chars, and grinded it out on my WP. I don't know if I want to do that again. Am I supposed to get some friends and powerlevel? What am I missing here?

Ads
Ysaran

Re: What are you supposed to do in T2?

Post#2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 am

Probably is a timezone problem. I play during prime time EU and it's exactly after r16 which start the fun. Most of wb, even if closed, doesn't require you to be r40, to run the kill quest give plenty of xp, to gear up is super easy. You have just to figure out which wb leader is worthy of your time and which doesn't. If you find no one worthy just form a wb yourself
Zputadenti

Vilhelmina

Post#3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 am

There is no T2/T3 in regards to WBs, it all got merged with T4. But you can still join any R40 open PuG WB and receive medallions and bags that match your current renown tier.

And... you'll get fat, juicy renown/inf rewards from the big bad R40s in your party/WB.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:05 am Probably is a timezone problem. I play during prime time EU and it's exactly after r16 which start the fun. Most of wb, even if closed, doesn't require you to be r40, to run the kill quest give plenty of xp, to gear up is super easy. You have just to figure out which wb leader is worthy of your time and which doesn't. If you find no one worthy just form a wb yourself
I got flamed pretty badly for being a sub-40 WP in a T4 warband before. I never thought I'd have people explicitly tell me not to heal because I suck anyway. But it happened. I also got kicked from WBs on my WP several times. And I kinda understand, after all I take a spot that could be filled by a 40 level guy who's actually useful. But I have to somehow get through T2/T3. I did the last levels in PvE and that's really no fun with all the bugged quests. Took ages. Not to mention having a PvE DPS gear and a PVP heal gear and switch all the time, don't remind me.
Vilhelmina wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 am There is no T2/T3 in regards to WBs, it all got merged with T4. But you can still join any R40 open PuG WB and receive medallions and bags that match your current renown tier.

And... you'll get fat, juicy renown/inf rewards from the big bad R40s in your party/WB.
Nope.

I mean, I tried. But, as I said in OP: No RR, no XP, no INF, even as a healer. Also no rewards when locking a map, or assaulting/defending a BO. Or taking a keep, healing during keep assault, or really, anything. Kill quests would be another option, though, that's correct.

Haskr

Post#5 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:47 am

Tier 2,3 and 4 are merged on this server, as soon as you hit level 16 you can play with everbody else from level 16 to 40.
You get renown, experience and influence (the biggest ticks are from taking an enemy keep).
As a healer you need to join a warband and participate and then you will get a loot roll.
If there is no warband make your own.

If you claim to get nothing the problem sits in most cases in front of the computer.

Detangler

Post#6 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Sounds like you should reroll Destro. We welcome all healers on our side once they hit level 20 and can group heal properly!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

marisco

Post#7 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:35 pm

As Haskr said, if you did join ORVR and got no rewards from doing so, it's a player problem.

lucasfl

Post#8 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm

I recently starting playing Return of Reckoning, after long years Warhamme Online gone.

My Kobs now is 19 and I earned my first area domination with a WB , that give me a lot of RR, no problem about that.

But I have to agree about the competition. The way T2-4 merged is not too funny as original servers was, with the challenge when cappturing a castle. I know that had your reasons, but missed this aspect.

In Scenarios it is balanced and more fun.

@eisenhans should we make a party to run scenarios and PQ

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Sounds like you have been unlucky. I think NA timezones have quite low pop right now, but hopefully it will pick up again after world of warcraft subsides.

Failing that, set up a warband yourself and spam messages saying it is a pug wb and all are welcome. People will join it, and you might be able to pass the lead on to someone else after a few minutes.

Find where the fighting is at, and join PUGs. Only idiots will actually boot you.