Recent Topics

Ads

Am I just senile? (auto-face)

Let's talk about... everything else
WhuffyPet

Am I just senile? (auto-face)

Post#1 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:17 am

OK, I realize I haven't played this in yeeeeears, but I seem to recall W:AR actually having some sort of auto-face?
Or was that a macro I had set up that I have forgotten about in my old age?

I could be imagining it, but I thought at least channeled spells would auto-face whilst channeling?

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Am I just senile? (auto-face)

Post#2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 am

What does it means "auto-face"?
Zputadenti

WhuffyPet

Post#3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 am

Ysaran wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:18 am What does it means "auto-face"?
It means you'd turn to automatically face your target - like if you were channeling a spell and your target moved to your right, you'd automatically turn accordingly so's to continue channeling, instead of getting an error about something not being in view.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am

Live def. had it, I remember countering WE on my WP with DA - channeled autoface, so no attacks from behind.

Didn't work that way on ROR, so I guess you're right.

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 am

eisenhans wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:26 am Live def. had it, I remember countering WE on my WP with DA - channeled autoface, so no attacks from behind.

Didn't work that way on ROR, so I guess you're right.
Interesting, so Champion's challenge on live prevented you from using divine assault if you were catched by tank from behind? Assuming you were trying to hit that tank with it.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:45 am

That you can't turn in ChCh is some ROR feature.
Dying is no option.

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:00 am

There is an auto-face actually in RoR.
But not when you are knocked down.

Ekundu01

Post#8 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm

Attacks already auto face you including channeled ones. I think you might be thinking of DAOC that had a macro to do that because attacks didn't auto face you.
Trismack

Ads
eisenhans
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 am Interesting, so Champion's challenge on live prevented you from using divine assault if you were catched by tank from behind? Assuming you were trying to hit that tank with it.
I don't remember it that way. Either it didn't stop me or it didn't happen ever.

I can, however, say that DA doesn't cause auto-facing in ROR (or at least it didn't when I leveled my WP). That was very noticeable in close fights.

WhuffyPet

Post#10 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:48 pm Attacks already auto face you including channeled ones. I think you might be thinking of DAOC that had a macro to do that because attacks didn't auto face you.
Do they? Because it didn't do that for me.
Is there something you have to turn on in the settings?
(Definitely not talking about DAoC though hehe. That's its own can of issues lol)