Recent Topics

Ads

Improving leveling/new player experience

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Improving leveling/new player experience

Post#11 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 pm

I solo level to 40/40 in 28-32 hours of game time. How is it some people call it this a grind?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
catholicism197

Post#12 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:04 am

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:38 pm Is there a chance developers could make leveling a bit easier/faster?

I have had 3 friends quit the game cause its to much of an uphill to level currently, and i quite agree with them. I think theres many ways to help with this

1/ Make the double xp event a regular thing like say BDO? friday to monday is always double xp
2/ Make RvR alot better normal xp
3/ Overall reduce experience per level
4/ Daily Scenario/RvR quest that grants a giants xp bonus

I think it would be good for the server to have alot more people that stay and enjoy the game so the serve rkeeps healthy for everyone. Dont diss the new players I think any of these changes would be the biggest bosot to new population into the server.

It feels like devs/admins totally ignore the new player experience.
I wouldn't count on it. They slowed down xp gains multiple times and usually lock threads like these.
Leveling in this game was very fluid once upon a time, but now it's akin to an asian mmo.

Ysaran

Post#13 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:36 am

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:05 pm man you guys really seem to want to kill the game.
man you really want to start r40.
Zputadenti

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 am

Maybe use chat and try to find a group. All say leveling is super easy during double xp event and yet it only takes twice the time without event. So where is this a slow grind?
People probably don't even know Asian grinders, as you usually lose xp on random death due to lag or unlucky mob respawn, worth 2 hours of grinding.
People with less playtime already have rested xp bonus, which increases xp on kill by 3 times.

Find a healer, who wants to level faster as well and make a duo. Sorc/bw are several times weaker, if played solo.
Dying is no option.

bichka

Post#15 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:56 am

catholicism197 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:04 am

I wouldn't count on it. They slowed down xp gains multiple times and usually lock threads like these.
Leveling in this game was very fluid once upon a time, but now it's akin to an asian mmo.
sorry, but you have no clue what asian mmo is it. It's like to make few percents per day while huge risk to lose it due to death or bounty on you.

this mmo is a kindergarden. you have no risk at all during leveling. no exp loss, no gear loss. only e-peen.

Flavorburst

Post#16 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:53 am Maybe use chat and try to find a group. All say leveling is super easy during double xp event and yet it only takes twice the time without event. So where is this a slow grind?
People probably don't even know Asian grinders, as you usually lose xp on random death due to lag or unlucky mob respawn, worth 2 hours of grinding.
People with less playtime already have rested xp bonus, which increases xp on kill by 3 times.

Find a healer, who wants to level faster as well and make a duo. Sorc/bw are several times weaker, if played solo.
It's not that simple. Leveling is "super easy" during an event because loads of people play during them, thus allowing a constant stream of SCs along with everything else that comes with having an increased population.

Additionally, I am starting to get real tired of seeing all of these posts (not limited to you or this thread) with this broken logic of "back in my day, we had to walk to school uphill in the snow with no shoes, both ways!" or "It's not so bad, you could be getting bludgeoned to death with a claw hammer!".

I understand that people complain a ton and are overly dramatic about things, but this "this is fine" **** needs to stop.

Robzkull

Post#17 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:09 am

Leveling is slow and with low pop finding groups is a pain.

Going RVR or SC is also not a good option cuz you don't have gear and lvl 40 skills to even compete with big boys, losing SC = no xp, fixt that plz? 40 lvls dont care about xp but any1 else should get xp as they were not losing IMO.

Change to lower lvl that u get tactics was very good decision.

Another thing make it so that I can DOWNGRADE for example cong emblems to officer at ANY LVL. I'm 36RR39 and can get my annihilator cuz not enought officer emblems.

zak68

Post#18 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:28 am

Korsario wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:38 pm ...
I have had 3 friends quit the game cause its to much of an uphill to level currently, and i quite agree with them.
did they quit before or after level 16 ?

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#19 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:35 am

uuu another interesting thread :) grabbing some popcorn

Ysaran

Post#20 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:54 am

In this game you already get double exp from both quest and RvR (compared from live) which can be bolstered by x3 from rested and x2 by switching to the less populated side.

To level up in this game is easy IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Problem is: if you just started play you will not know what to do and thus the solution isn't to increase xp gain or other BS, but to write a guide for lowbies on how to level up.
Zputadenti