Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Collecting Data III : The 4 Scenarios i hate

Let's talk about... everything else
rulke32

Re: [Scenario] Collecting Data III : The 4 Scenarios i hate

Post#11 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:58 am

Logrins Forge & Nordpass Graveyard
Issue: Mechanic mostly starts with that everybody camp their own objetive. Active Side get punished because they have to fight outnumbered or somebody will steal your objective while you fight.

Solution: (I know it is a very big change sorry, i tried to use mechanics that are already in the game or were in the past at ror in the game so you dont need to code it new? hopfully)

The idea behind is that you help the weak side and force fights without that it ends in farming.

First you change the flags order and destru side has one fixed flag A that they have to take (Home Flag). Around that flag they have a dmg heal boost area like in warcamps rvr.
Than you add the flag B. Each side is first able to take B when they take their home A Flag. Flag A is locked after you got it.
When one side was able to take B the C flag opens near the enemy spawn ( Flag B is not locked and is first open again when the loosing side was able to take C) . Flag C is taken next round start. (Flag C dont needed to be clicked who has more people near the flag get it slowly to avoid the problem that def tanks with cross guard and some random heal ruin the game).. Everybody port back to the spawn.

Now a bit will change to help the loosing side:

The buff around A from the loosing side incrase. After the loosing side took A randomly a tank and dd and healer become "champs" like in the old city. Or they get a ball that incrase heal life and dmg. (randomly because if you just let 3 balls spawn there will be toxic fights around who will get the balls, easy solution would be to make it like the balls we have already ingame add some blue for heal maybe and let them be as pick up). It will stay even when you die (thats important)
Same again fight around B then fight around C near the enemy warcamp. Next round
Balls reset
After loosing side take A 6 Balls spawn and maybe the buff is higher. 6 People get it randomly. And again
When the loosing side wins they loose 2 balls next round. Or 9 Balls when they loose again. etc.

Some basics
  • Kills dont bring points or more renown and xp. So there is no need to farm somebody. The mechanic itself lead to fights around B and C.
  • Every round brings 100 points every 100 points bring xxx renown, xxx xp and xxx emblems for the fraction who made it. If you was able to make points you get something. If you Loose 500 to 0 you will get something Maybe 200 points reward so that you will not end with nothing.
  • When one side knows that they will dominate anyway 2 grps vs pugs or 1 good premade vs pugs they can direct attack enemy A when they get the round is direct over. Optional make the buff around a very strong if they still are able to get A Sc ends direct with 500 points for the dominating fraction.

I think there could be still some flaws could write more but i think first of all that make a good impression of the basic idea with help for loosing sides. (i personal would prefer when loosing side just get after every round 3 more people but i think that is hard to make with sc handler and how you will make it with rewards for somebody who joined the last round etc...).

Sorry for to much changes but i think there is no easy solution to solve the problems that scs have at the moment. As you wrote somewhere you would like to fix not to make just a bandage. :-).

regards

Ads
Toonman

Post#12 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Thunder Valley aka PvE players wet dream -
Issue: It's too large for it to function the way it functions. It encourages PvE and skipping fights more than any other SC in the game. You can win the SC without ever dismounting or pressing an ability.
Solution: Change the SC to operate like Gromil/BFP and it's good to go. Contest each flag one by one. As it is now, it's an auto-skip.

Sciberr

Post#13 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Khaines embrace, stonestroll crossing, logrins forge, college of corruption

= trash and mega BORE

Rhodry

Post#14 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 am

Logrins Forge/Highpass Cemetery
Issue: 2-flag cap. Both sides sit on their flag until one side gets bored and tries to do something.
Solution: Add a 3rd flag. 2 flags needed to lock down the zone and get the points. At least this way there is some maneuvering required to make things happen.

adapter
Suspended

Post#15 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:44 am

Oi Oi!

#1 Tor Anroc:
-Issue: Certain careers have overpowered Punts that makes me not wanna play this scenario
-Solution: Change game type from Murder Ball to Capture the Flag or Domination.

#2 Logrin Forge
-Issue: If not coordinated correctly, groups tend to AFK at BOs.
-Solution: Make a third BO at the middle and use Gates of Ekrund score system.

Those are the two ones for me, i could name a few more but i believe it would end with the same solution on my behalf, which is to change the Game Types, see which one fits better for that type of terrain.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Jabba

Post#16 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 am

Bad Scenario 1:
THUNDER VALLEY
Issue: Map is too big, game is too often won without any meaningful fight.
Solution: Make it smaller, make flags operate like BfP or GC or just remove it.

Bad Scenario 2:
LOGRIN'S FORGE
Issue: Game ends up being horrendously slow as noone wants to put themselves at a disadvantage by pushing (you either push with everyone and leave yourself open to be backcapped in the middle of the big fight, or you leave people behind to defend and you potentially have the numbers disadvantage). ANY MECHANIC THAT GIVES A HUGE DAMAGE BUFF TO THE SIDE THAT IS ALREADY WINNING NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR!!
Solution: Add a third cap point in the middle so you can't just sit on one point with your whole team if you're winning. The map is huge and with the tunnels blocking vision it would still be very easy to sneak backcaps without being seen if points are left undefended.

Bad Scenario 3:
TALABEC DAM/HOWLING GORGE (Bomb runs) KHAINE'S EMBRACE (KINDA)
Issue: Bomb runs are still not worth enough points, the respawn on bomb after successful plant is still too low (although that change was certainly an improvement) and far too easy to prevent plants with stuff like dots.
Solution: Increase points reward for planting (150 points or so), increase timer on bomb respawn a bit more. Make it so only direct damage interrupts caps, not dots (this includes aoe dots like napalm), skills like rain of fire/pit of shades still fine as they're channels at least.

Bad Scenario 4:
GROMRIL CROSSING
Issue: Whoever gets first cap on bridge wins the game 99% of the time as it's too hard to make a comeback because the team that caps bridge has the easier path to their 2nd cap point.
Solution: Swap the teams second cap target around, so for example: Order caps bridge, their second cap target is now what is currently destros. This would mean that order would have to push right through destro to get to the second cap rather than have someone back off and take a small walk to cap the second point while everyone else is fighting around bridge as it is now. This would give the losing side (the side that lost bridge) more of a chance to make a comeback and it would also promote fighting over objectives. If you get pushed off bridge, you can play a fighting withdrawal to the open point which will now be behind you.

Bad Scenario 5:
STONETROLL
Issue: Too much running up and down the damn ramps, punts too decisive
Solution: Flatten (or at least significantly lower) the middle mountain so it takes less time to get back to the fight.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

blechkautz

Post#17 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 am Bad Scenario 1:
THUNDER VALLEY
Issue: Map is too big, game is too often won without any meaningful fight.
Solution: Make it smaller, make flags operate like BfP or GC or just remove it.

Bad Scenario 2:
LOGRIN'S FORGE
Issue: Game ends up being horrendously slow as noone wants to put themselves at a disadvantage by pushing (you either push with everyone and leave yourself open to be backcapped in the middle of the big fight, or you leave people behind to defend and you potentially have the numbers disadvantage). ANY MECHANIC THAT GIVES A HUGE DAMAGE BUFF TO THE SIDE THAT IS ALREADY WINNING NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR!!
Solution: Add a third cap point in the middle so you can't just sit on one point with your whole team if you're winning. The map is huge and with the tunnels blocking vision it would still be very easy to sneak backcaps without being seen if points are left undefended.

Bad Scenario 3:
TALABEC DAM/HOWLING GORGE (Bomb runs) KHAINE'S EMBRACE (KINDA)
Issue: Bomb runs are still not worth enough points, the respawn on bomb after successful plant is still too low (although that change was certainly an improvement) and far too easy to prevent plants with stuff like dots.
Solution: Increase points reward for planting (150 points or so), increase timer on bomb respawn a bit more. Make it so only direct damage interrupts caps, not dots (this includes aoe dots like napalm), skills like rain of fire/pit of shades still fine as they're channels at least.

Bad Scenario 4:
GROMRIL CROSSING
Issue: Whoever gets first cap on bridge wins the game 99% of the time as it's too hard to make a comeback because the team that caps bridge has the easier path to their 2nd cap point.
Solution: Swap the teams second cap target around, so for example: Order caps bridge, their second cap target is now what is currently destros. This would mean that order would have to push right through destro to get to the second cap rather than have someone back off and take a small walk to cap the second point while everyone else is fighting around bridge as it is now. This would give the losing side (the side that lost bridge) more of a chance to make a comeback and it would also promote fighting over objectives. If you get pushed off bridge, you can play a fighting withdrawal to the open point which will now be behind you.

Bad Scenario 5:
STONETROLL
Issue: Too much running up and down the damn ramps, punts too decisive
Solution: Flatten (or at least significantly lower) the middle mountain so it takes less time to get back to the fight.
I agree. Only thing to add is for logrins Forge/Highpass Cementry is that the dmg buff is absolut over the top since it rewards the winning side even more.

Jabba

Post#18 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:45 pm

blechkautz wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:13 pm
Jabba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:14 am ANY MECHANIC THAT GIVES A HUGE DAMAGE BUFF TO THE SIDE THAT IS ALREADY WINNING NEEDS TO DISAPPEAR!
I agree. Only thing to add is for logrins Forge/Highpass Cementry is that the dmg buff is absolut over the top since it rewards the winning side even more.
Yes, and I mentioned as much
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads