Recent Topics

Ads

Backlash and detaunt

Let's talk about... everything else
Deadpoet

Backlash and detaunt

Post#1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi, a while ago I tested backlash with mobs on my zealot and found that it broke detaunt. I don't know if this is how it's meant to work, or if maybe it has been changed since then. I also wonder about gear proc like pilfer (on being hit 10% chance to steal X damage from attacker). If those things don't break detaunt and if the zealot tactic in left hand tree that causes 25% chance to deal 25% of your heal as damage to offensive target were to be buffed to some level of usability a reflect zealot could be a fun build to test.

Thanks in advance.

Ads
Esperflame

Re: Backlash and detaunt

Post#2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:42 am

Gear isn't supposed to break detaunt, however tactics and abilities do. Think of it this way, If your gear lashes out you didn't attack them, but if your tactic does it that did come from you. It's working as intended.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Gangan

Post#3 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:20 am

How about the grp procs of sorc/bw? Do they break a detaunt? If so you would be screwed as you can't remove them on your own 😅
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Deadpoet

Post#4 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:30 pm

thanks

Luth

Post#5 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:48 am

Esperflame wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:42 am Gear isn't supposed to break detaunt, however tactics and abilities do. Think of it this way, If your gear lashes out you didn't attack them, but if your tactic does it that did come from you. It's working as intended.
Is there any source for this (particularly the working as intended part)?

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:43 pm

Any action you take against a target you detaunted will break it. Backlash always did that even on live. Same with the damage return that sorcs and bw have but i remember being able to click those off if you got that buff, I am almost positive you can't do that here though.
Trismack

Luth

Post#7 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:00 pm

I tested some procs from abilities on the mythic server, particularly "flame shield", and they didn't break detaunt.
Generally, damage procs couldn't trigger anything otherwise they could cascade endlessly.

Ekundu01

Post#8 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Luth wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:00 pm I tested some procs from abilities on the mythic server, particularly "flame shield", and they didn't break detaunt.
Generally, damage procs couldn't trigger anything otherwise they could cascade endlessly.
It might be because it is a buff and not a proc like backlash is. Detaunts description says if you take action against a detaunted target it will break the detaunt so the tactic i think is acting as if you casted the spell on the target so it counts as you taking action against the target, or else you could just run around perma detaunting stuff and healing yourself while backlash slowly kills the target.
Trismack

Ads
Luth

Post#9 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm

All tactics are abilities coding-wise.