Recent Topics

Ads

[Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2761

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#51 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am

Toughness is basicly only effective against skills that't arn't being used very frequently. Those skills being those with long cast timers, which aren't being used due to the game being very mobility focused.
Image

Ads
User avatar
Minipuce
Posts: 10

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#52 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:10 am

Ysaran wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 am
@Minipuce

to think that to be performant you need to stack only one stat is ridiculous.
I've never said that. I just said that toughness is not a good stat to up for healer.
And actually it is not a good one for anyone, not even tanks. Now this is obvious.
So toughness on gear is useless.
Minipuce, 87 RP - Minilune, 81 AM - Minibulle, 80 WP
Le Clan des Exilés

User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2103

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#53 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:16 am

roadkillrobin wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am
Toughness is basicly only effective against skills that't arn't being used very frequently. Those skills being those with long cast timers, which aren't being used due to the game being very mobility focused.
Nuuu

AA, all Insta DD, all cast DD (should have same efficiency regardless off cast time)

Combat logs seem to indicate tou looses efficiency with longer duration dots. (Guessing bc tou dont get stat coff multiplied and off stat is)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2103

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#54 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:19 am

Minipuce wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:10 am
Ysaran wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:03 am
@Minipuce

to think that to be performant you need to stack only one stat is ridiculous.
I've never said that. I just said that toughness is not a good stat to up for healer.
And actually it is not a good one for anyone, not even tanks. Now this is obvious.
So toughness on gear is useless.
Wrong it is ok when you cap other more valueable def stats. Sort of a must at least in AOE hotspots. Also syn better with absorbs vs wounds for example. It isn’t the best def stat tho but neither is wp for healers (for healing)
Last edited by Bozzax on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2103

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#55 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:36 am

Finding an ol vid with multiple length dots ticking side by side would be great to verify if this is a bug or not

(On same target from one dotter ofc)

Still I doubt it will be fixed swiftly as it is more in the category of annoying much like no icd bug of riposte for example (years on bugtracker).

Good find / testing regardless
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

User avatar
roadkillrobin
Posts: 2761

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#56 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Bozzax wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:16 am
roadkillrobin wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am
Toughness is basicly only effective against skills that't arn't being used very frequently. Those skills being those with long cast timers, which aren't being used due to the game being very mobility focused.
Nuuu

AA, all Insta DD, all cast DD (should have same efficiency regardless off cast time)

Combat logs seem to indicate tou looses efficiency with longer duration dots. (Guessing bc tou dont get stat coff multiplied and off stat is)
Should have clarrified that, I meant to other form of mitigration. So if you compare Word of Pain and Doombolt for example, then other stats would have better point for point vallue on the WoP compared to Doombolt were toughness actually is effective.
Image

User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2103

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#57 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:28 pm

https://youtu.be/FiRrRQNJXZs?t=61

Image
9s spirit, Radiant, 87/(87+386) = 18%
24s spirit, Transfer Force, 88/(88+399) = 18%
Minipuce wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:40 am
I am the archmage who did the tests with Groumf (Grimbur)

Just know that we did many tests and not just 1 or 2 skills.

We did tests with 9 sec dot (radiant gaze) + 15 sec dot (law of conductivity) + 24 sec dot (transfer force).
The mitigation was divided by around 3, 5 and 8, proportionnaly (24 sec dot is less mitigated than 9 s
= bug or stealth change
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

User avatar
Natherul
Former Staff
Posts: 3152
Contact:

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#58 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm

we started to look through the code for this case and see if there is any issues, if so it will be changed accordingly.

Ads
User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1737
Contact:

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#59 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Natherul wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm
we started to look through the code for this case and see if there is any issues, if so it will be changed accordingly.
Cool

User avatar
Natherul
Former Staff
Posts: 3152
Contact:

Re: [Theorycrafting] Toughness is broken (or useless) for DoTs

Post#60 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:24 pm

an issue has been found in the application of the formulas and is corrected on next hotfix / patch.

It did not make it for this patch.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dalen, Google Adsense [Bot] and 44 guests