Recent Topics

Ads

24vs24 in TM

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

24vs24 in TM

Post#1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:31 am

So after Kadrin Valley had been open for half a day or so, the passages in the zones being a little too narrow for the fun 24man warband roaming without getting unclean fights. Two guilds moved to an offzone to brawl it out.

Team "Fireclown 'n stunties" Vs "Draintrain of chaos" :roll:

Destro setup:
4Blackorcs one in eachgroup
3Chosens spread between groups
4 sorcs spread in two groups
3 maras in the same group (assumed for morale pump from shaman)
4Healing DoKs spread to each group
3healing shamans spread between groups
1dps debuffing zealot
1 utility/dps Meatball SH

Wincondition: Drain Order dps-ball with mara morale + ap drain to stop their supperior flat damage. Stall or deny any morale gain and obtain own morale advantage either offensively or defensively.

Recovery advantage: Shamans with instant ress and Sticky feetz to stall the Order ball. Morales available when needed.

Order setup:
6knights atleast one in each group (SnB spec)
2 SM for WW for the DPS runepriest
2 slayers with healdebuff
4 Healing RPs
1dps Runie for healdebuffing on crit, and armor debuff (SM with WW is a MUST in the same group for uptime)
5 Aoe BWs. Mostly with FBB assting spec
4 healing WPs spread to each group

Order wincondition:
Slayers assisting down shamans/healers to find opening presure and to get lowtargets in the main brawl, and then lets the BWs assist down low targets to secure presure and start a chain reaction of deaths. BW M2 is a wincondtion if the maras are kited or punted for long enough to get a combined m2 drop.

Recovery: Normal resses, normal crowdcontrol such as punts and staggers. Only healers got to M2 for the most part so no defensive morales available.

With that being said, both of the teams could had played it better and probably obtimized their comps. The ground rules were made for no use of pumpkins and no Blasting lag potions so players could have their best computer performances. The terrain was fairly flat on top of Doomstriker BO in TM. And I think everyone attending was having fun with fairly even fights, with two very different winconditions. Each round lasted close to 5minuts i think and 3 total rounds was played, before one naughty Meatball from the spectators Kaboomed everyone out of the grouppicture.

So whats the point with this post, well it is an attempt on bringing attention to despite the server not being perfectly ballanced and at times things seem frustating, the game has some of the most entertaining combat mechanics to offer on the market. If people are bored with building up Vanw or Invader on their mains and alts and find the pugging experience to be lackluster or not or ganized enough, I would strongly advice to look for getting into guilds that run warbands together with different scales of hardcore/casual approaches.

Shoutout to:
Thundercats guild on Order
Pain and Pleasure guild on Destro
Bene Tleilax on Order
Whispers of Mutiny on Destro
No Drama on Order
Art of War on Destro
Beavers on Order
L2P on Destro
CNTK on Order
Seventh Legion on Order

All guilds who I hope will be continueing running guild warbands on their events, and be fighting eachother once we get City sieges

The actual fighting can we rewatched with beloved Zarbix commentary over at:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/503472029?t=03h50m42s

(Nice to see Gamemasters blaming solar flare too when Tanks couldnt even get higher than M2 due to the constant morale drain :lol:)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Quillog

Re: 24vs24 in TM

Post#2 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 am

Quilog: Squig Herder | Balver: Shaman | Moragor: Chosen | Drachdon: Marauder | Duzgat: Choppa | Aggerond: Magus | Rodira: Sorceress | Gozug: Black Orc | Lodariel: Disciple of Khain | Whikna: Zealot | Sorelia: Blackguard | Lindriel: Bitch Elf

Acidic

Post#3 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 am

Here is a video of the fight from BO perspective

Click here to watch on YouTube

Rida

Post#4 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:28 am

Acidic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 am Here is a video of the fight from BO perspective

Nice solo pewpewing RP while your healers are dying, I enjoyed it.
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

Acidic

Post#5 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:14 am

Rida wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:28 am
Acidic wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:27 am Here is a video of the fight from BO perspective

Nice solo pewpewing RP while your healers are dying, I enjoyed it.
Do what I can to keep the amusement level up :)

Glorian

Post#6 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:28 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:31 am ...
(Nice to see Gamemasters blaming solar flare too when Tanks couldnt even get higher than M2 due to the constant morale drain :lol:)
Pretty much that. :lol:
We have been on several fights where we almost reached M2 and then boom, back to 0% moral thanks to the marauder drain. :)
But that only as a sidenote.

Great job on building some kind of meta vs meta warbands and fighting it out.
Lesti likes.

wonshot

Post#7 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Just as a quick followup, this was in no way ment to focus on the result of the fights. None of these players claimed to be "the best and flawless". The comps are not perfect and not executed to perfection.

It was just two guilds roaming in a zone that had been open for ages, several clashes with puggies adding on both sides in KV. And we figured we would go to an offzone to brawl it out, because we had full guild-warbands from both realms. Thanks to everyone attending, and the spectators not interfearing or dropping pumpkins!

Once again, if people are unhappy with the current RvR I can only appoint you in the direction of joining organized guilds or warbands, and im sure it will help your game enjoyment. Same goes for scenarious ofc, group up!

I for one really love the game direction of RvR as of late, and truely hope more people would just give more organized play a chance instead of putting in low efforts and expect progression
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

aqualice

Post#8 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:11 pm

mmm....i think maybe Yaliskah look at such 'snb tank' play when he saying that 'snb tank useless, 2h OP' :D

Ads
hazealowais

Post#9 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:22 pm