Recent Topics

Ads

Coordinated Strike nerf (WL)

Let's talk about... everything else
wildwindblows

Re: Coordinated Strike nerf (WL)

Post#31 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:05 am
Manatikik wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:08 am the class isn't based around DoT's and would require an entire rework to make it so.
But muh Marauders!
I'd like to give a similar buff to Marauders, even though they've been the poster child for a 'perfectly balanced class' for a while, a buff to their Rend ability to match that of WL's DoT buffs. They already get an armor bypass on their mutation-required abilities, and it would only seem fair to buff the WL's 'Mythic mirror' with something similar.

Closing
We've actually had a lot more plans for not just WL, but wanted to see how the WL changes were received before moving forward with any more changes. Generally, the feedback has been positive from destro players and neutral from order players.
Please no more nerf for mara.

Ads
normanis

Post#32 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm

magus can realy kill any class 1vs1 ( enginer with every tier get worst and only 40/60 rr can use crit buil to not loose important ather abilities , same + 25% armor pent) because mostly all ppl tougnes is low and resistences is 22%to31%.
why cant make some of white lion aoe abilities spiritual?
and yes i seen my own eyes ppl refuse to inv in wb wl/wh/engi/sw because 1bw outshines tham all. where is balance? magus hit magic damage, squig can go aoe beast , mara is good he is tanky and use monstro hand, sorc is aoe beast number1 . than choppa have spot. ( evryone stucking armor so that why magic dps is shining)
well i can live with it if gms remove cs just give us wounds debuff like mara have it. ( tb - opener , finisher and spam every 5 sec )
blindingside its only on 1 target.
just make pull in konck down, silence same as mara and ppl forgot about pet. ( pet anyway is melle not ranged )
cough cough destro got pounce cough cough , so why white lion cant get some good stuff from mara? ( msh have also shater limbs similar to slayer. black orc and chopa also have single target shater limbs)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

nat3s

Post#33 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 am WL were the best 1v1 class in the game by miles. Their pets are tanky (unlike engi, magus and SH) and they could stomp pug SCs. They needed toning down.

Appreciate it sucks as you've become accustomed to facerolling people, but it needed to happen Manatikik.

As it happens they are still the best 1v1 roamer for orvr and incredibly powerful at nuking backline. Much more so than say Maras or mSH.
You know that magus basically craps on WL and just about anything else 1v1, right?

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=33858&p=380531#p380531

Oh, wait... You do.

So, are WL free RR, or not?

Didn't look like it from the last time I ran into your magus, but then again, the last time I ran into your magus you ran around panicking spamming maw on me until I collected my RR (post nerf). It's funny how one encounter can drastically change your opinion like that.

To quote iron Mike: everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Your problem with WL (that you are suddenly having) isn't because they are so good, it's from the numerous errors I noticed while fighting you (as someone with a 70+ magus).

Hah you're clearly salty at the nerf so I'll keep it light, nobody wants to see their class toned down!

Yes, agreed WL are free renown to a def magus, I doubt you beat me in a straight 1v1 as a WL, you may have jumped me with no pet and Aegis on CD. Either that or I took a 1vX against you + friends. Most WL just run from me.

They are nevertheless still the best solo roamers. Rock, paper, scissors a def magus will destroy WHs, WLs, Engis, 2h kotbs, but cannot pressure healers like a WL. A well played dps AM also craps on a magus, WL do well against dps shams. What's great about a WL is they can be awesome roamers whilst keeping full offensively geared and spec'd, not many classes can do that, if you look at roaming Chosen / Kotbs they have to toughness stack like a magus to outlast people.

The only WL i respect is Hops btw as he's the only one I know of that roams solo. I'm up on him comfortably at present.

Happy for a duel anytime, give me a shout in game.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Flavorburst

Post#34 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 am WL were the best 1v1 class in the game by miles. Their pets are tanky (unlike engi, magus and SH) and they could stomp pug SCs. They needed toning down.

Appreciate it sucks as you've become accustomed to facerolling people, but it needed to happen Manatikik.

As it happens they are still the best 1v1 roamer for orvr and incredibly powerful at nuking backline. Much more so than say Maras or mSH.
You know that magus basically craps on WL and just about anything else 1v1, right?

Oh, wait... You do.

Didn't look like it from the last time I ran into your magus, but then again, the last time I ran into your magus you ran around panicking spamming maw on me until I collected my RR (post nerf). It's funny how one encounter can drastically change your opinion like that.

Your problem with WL (that you are suddenly having) isn't because they are so good, it's from the numerous errors I noticed while fighting you (as someone with a 70+ magus).

Hah you're clearly salty at the nerf so I'll keep it light, nobody wants to see their class toned down!

Yes, agreed WL are free renown to a def magus, I doubt you beat me in a straight 1v1 as a WL, you may have jumped me with no pet and Aegis on CD. Either that or I took a 1vX against you + friends. Most WL just run from me.

They are nevertheless still the best solo roamers. Rock, paper, scissors a def magus will destroy WHs, WLs, Engis, 2h kotbs, but cannot pressure healers like a WL. A well played dps AM also craps on a magus, WL do well against dps shams. What's great about a WL is they can be awesome roamers whilst keeping full offensively geared and spec'd, not many classes can do that, if you look at roaming Chosen / Kotbs they have to toughness stack like a magus to outlast people.

The only WL i respect is Hops btw as he's the only one I know of that roams solo. I'm up on him comfortably at present.

Nice bunch of edits. Glad you got a chance to collect your thoughts. I'm also glad you are finally admitting that magus craps on everything 1v1.

I'm sorry to hear that you die to dps ams, but that's practically everything in the game outside of BGs (and if you spec and gear properly, you can still stalemate or kill them on a magus, but maybe you'll learn that in a few rr).

Here's a list of classes that can easily challenge a WL:

Dps dok: probably one of the hardest fights if the dok knows what it's doing.

Magus: requires prep to beat, otherwise it's an almost assured win for the magus (sorry you weren't able to accomplish that).

Practically every tank: most tanks that are even remotely defensive are a hard/good fight that requires kiting to ensure either a win or a stalemate. Outside of that, it's a gamble (for instance, fighting a good 2h BO can go either way. It mostly depends on KD timing, potential kiting of you wut, and interrupting THC which is dicey).

WE: if they know what they are doing, they are good fights. Technogirl, Hygucmka, and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head are worth talking to.

Of note: good choppas like Lindorin can be a good fight.

So, yeah. That's like 80% of the classes that solo roam compared to your struggles with dps am.

Also, LOL at healer pressure. If you aren't axe/Hunter, you are basically relying on the healer being **** to kill them, which is the same as it works on magus. In fact, I would argue that it's somewhat easier to sneak a kill on a healer as a magus based on being ranged and not in the healers face (as you can potentially be out of detaunt range, and it's easier to pay attention to something in your face than someone lobbing spells at you from a distance).

Finally, nothing I have said has indicated that I am salty about the nerf. The only comments I have had about it were how I thought it was dumb because most of the WL tears revolve around cc and mobility, which probably should have been looked at in favor of a random CS nerf.

P.S. you got rekt by me in TM a few days ago with no adds and I made sure to give you time to setup. I probably have a ss of it that I will be glad to post when I get home.

nat3s

Post#35 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:38 pm
nat3s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Oh, wait... You do.

Finally, nothing I have said has indicated that I am salty about the nerf.

Haha clearly!

You've done just about everything other than post your WL's name. The offer is there if you want to duel, we can do a best of 5 somewhere, just give me a shout in game.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Jastojan

Post#36 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:19 pm

normanis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:25 pm magus can realy kill any class 1vs1 ( enginer with every tier get worst and only 40/60 rr can use crit buil to not loose important ather abilities , same + 25% armor pent) because mostly all ppl tougnes is low and resistences is 22%to31%.
why cant make some of white lion aoe abilities spiritual?
and yes i seen my own eyes ppl refuse to inv in wb wl/wh/engi/sw because 1bw outshines tham all. where is balance? magus hit magic damage, squig can go aoe beast , mara is good he is tanky and use monstro hand, sorc is aoe beast number1 . than choppa have spot. ( evryone stucking armor so that why magic dps is shining)
well i can live with it if gms remove cs just give us wounds debuff like mara have it. ( tb - opener , finisher and spam every 5 sec )
blindingside its only on 1 target.
just make pull in konck down, silence same as mara and ppl forgot about pet. ( pet anyway is melle not ranged )
cough cough destro got pounce cough cough , so why white lion cant get some good stuff from mara? ( msh have also shater limbs similar to slayer. black orc and chopa also have single target shater limbs)
You cannot be serious. Did u ever try to play ranged on destro side? Why every time when order siege, destro rangeds are behind the wall? Bad organized WBs? Almost every zone? I dont think so. It is almost every siege. And, when destro siege, the walls are full of order rangeds waiting for their target.
Please, let marauders be. About mara it is simply waisting of time to react... you cant compare WL and mara. Mara need time to deal dmg or kill opponent. WL is very quick while mara need time to do his job. And time is key in most of situations. Tanky mara is not because of spells, but because of eq and talismans, it is not about spells. Wl could run out of the battle, can jump etc.. Realy waisting of time.
Sorc as aoe beast number 1? BW is way better aoe dps than sorc but sorc looks slightly better single target... did u EVER seen play Zarbix? You can see it on your own.
Anyway I dont think that nerfing classes is a good way to keep ppl stay.
I made a SH in time of the last nerf, it was so disappointing. And noone of devs cares anymore... They just nerfed him without any place for our feedback. If u play WL I know how u feel man, but the positive is that devs try to reduce the first nerf. SH is not so lucky. But I dont think that WL as a class should 1hit his opponents (in many cases). In scenarios WLs have most of kills (almost everytime), no matter how good the squad is (even when they are not premade, there is no such a killer on destro side as a melee) and have realy big impact on the game. It realy should be more balanced, but then maybe more aoe for WL? I dont know. Spiritual dmg for few spells? Maybe, idk. (I think zealot should have some spells at least elemental dmg too, now it is like nothing, sick...)
But one more big nerf on destro side, I am leaving definitively. I spent too much time playing this game getting higher RR and better eq to enjoy my char and than I should choose and play another char because of nerfs... like mara or SH. It is very good game (much much better than WoW for me in many cases) but sometims I dont understand the philosophy of... where it all goes (like the 24 aoe cap for aoe dmg spells, but what about healers?) Etc.

Flavorburst

Post#37 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm

nat3s wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Haha clearly!

You've done just about everything other than post your WL's name. The offer is there if you want to duel, we can do a best of 5 somewhere, just give me a shout in game.
You can feel free to show me where I am salty about it.

I was able to easily kill a magus that supposedly farms WLs with the nerf in place, so it doesn't really matter much to me.

See you in the lakes, cowboy~

JungleMan007

Post#38 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:06 pm

oaliaen wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:36 pm
JungleMan007 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:29 am

Closing
We've actually had a lot more plans for not just WL, but wanted to see how the WL changes were received before moving forward with any more changes. Generally, the feedback has been positive from destro players and neutral from order players.

I just find this part funny. Wait....The other side finds nerfing of the other side to be positive? Who would have guessed?! :lol:

---
..and neutral from order players.
Seems you are not so 'neutral' :mrgreen:

Correct! I am destruction so according to their extensive research about how the opposing side feels about nerfs to their opponents....I am quite happy. :roll:

Ads
zgolec666

Post#39 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Give viable build for wb.
Redesign some skills or add some tactic so WL aoe can morale drain, aoe armor/ toughness/ resist debuff or w/e you come out with. This class is **** for anything except killing 1v1 nad small scale.

Destro has 12 wb viable classes (ok 11 kg we scratch out we) , order have 9.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#40 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:32 pm

zgolec666 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:30 pm Destro has 12 wb viable classes (ok 11 kg we scratch out we) , order have 9.
So what's stopping you from playing one of the 9 or 12 classes that are 'WB Viable' in your eyes?