Scenario emblems

Let's talk about... everything else
Flavorburst

Re: Scenario emblems

Post#11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

carlos wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:29 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:32 am
carlos wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:57 am

No, not as the game is now. You can break down Opressor into Conq but not the other way around.
Also, it's pretty much established in a previous thread that it really doesn't take that long, time wise, to get 1500 Oppressor's. It's like 1-2 who thinks this without trying then the brainless mass gives them a voice, pushing that agenda.
This is absolutely false, and I wish you would stop perpetuating it.

I gave a detailed response in the last thread as to why this isn't reality and you completely glossed over it.

As someone who has farmed a full opp set on dps am, dps dok (weapon included), sorc (don't ask), and God knows what else, let me tell you that it's not a walk in the park. This is especially true with the frequency of SC pops becoming less and less.

Also, it isn't just 1500 opps. A full set costs more than 1500 (it's more in the 1900+ range), and some classes don't really get many options for weapons / armor (such as dps am, which doesn't even get a dps subj or gutslime weapon, and whose first true dps pve set / weapon is bloodlord for Christ sake), so you "need" Dom/opp. That's thousands of emblems (since you are going to need to convert a fair amount of them, unless you want to run around naked).

There is no longer grind in the game, and (depending on class/spec) it's either worthless or arguably weaker than the alternatives.

On my main toon, played for 14 days (+some hours and minutes) - dont got full RVR gear
Other toon, played for 9 days (+some hours and minutes) and having the 2-handed weapon oppressor.

Where is the false thing in this? This was ALL i stated. I never claimed it's "a walk in the park", not anywhere.
"it's pretty much established in a previous thread that it really doesn't take that long, time wise"

That's what is false. Your anecdote only shows how you aren't doing what you are supposed to in order to get bags in orvr (Genesis withstanding, because that's a shitshow).

Additionally, you are comparing a full rvr set to 1 weapon. That's a wildly false equivalency, especially since you can luck out, enter a zone, do practically nothing, get a purple bag, and have a near BiS weapon.

Plus, 1500 opps for the weapon isn't really 1500, as you first need to spend 1500 doms to get the 45 weapon. You will probably get around 500-750 passively through quests and drops, but you are probably going to need to convert around 150 or so opps into doms.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

I gave a detailed response in the last thread as to why this isn't reality and you completely glossed over it.

As someone who has farmed a full opp set on dps am, dps dok (weapon included), sorc (don't ask), and God knows what else, let me tell you that it's not a walk in the park. This is especially true with the frequency of SC pops becoming less and less.

Also, it isn't just 1500 opps. A full set costs more than 1500 (it's more in the 1900+ range), and some classes don't really get many options for weapons / armor (such as dps am, which doesn't even get a dps subj or gutslime weapon, and whose first true dps pve set / weapon is bloodlord for Christ sake), so you "need" Dom/opp. That's thousands of emblems (since you are going to need to convert a fair amount of them, unless you want to run around naked).

There is no longer grind in the game, and (depending on class/spec) it's either worthless or arguably weaker than the alternatives.

On my main toon, played for 14 days (+some hours and minutes) - dont got full RVR gear
Other toon, played for 9 days (+some hours and minutes) and having the 2-handed weapon oppressor.

Where is the false thing in this? This was ALL i stated. I never claimed it's "a walk in the park", not anywhere.
"it's pretty much established in a previous thread that it really doesn't take that long, time wise"

That's what is false. Your anecdote only shows how you aren't doing what you are supposed to in order to get bags in orvr (Genesis withstanding, because that's a shitshow).

Additionally, you are comparing a full rvr set to 1 weapon. That's a wildly false equivalency, especially since you can luck out, enter a zone, do practically nothing, get a purple bag, and have a near BiS weapon.

Plus, 1500 opps for the weapon isn't really 1500, as you first need to spend 1500 doms to get the 45 weapon. You will probably get around 500-750 passively through quests and drops, but you are probably going to need to convert around 150 or so opps into doms.
Idk if you push it takes 2-3 weeks to get 61 weapon. Granted that’s with always 6 man and playing during high pop times. Also depends on SC rotation and who you get matched against.
<Montague><Capulet>

Grock

Post#13 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm

"If you push" and "if you have full premade"

Im playing this character casually for a pretty damn long time and i still don't have full Opp set, and only have one 61 one-hand, currently sitting at 1000 emblems

Pretty sure people did some calculations on how much hours of playtime it takes to get full 45rr weapons and full domi when those were the highest SC weapons, i don't remember exact number but it was **** wild by modern gaming standards.
I imagine oppressor is even worse because you are missing quest rewards...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ekundu01

Post#14 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm Pretty sure people did some calculations on how much hours of playtime it takes to get full 45rr weapons and full domi when those were the highest SC weapons, i don't remember exact number but it was **** wild by modern gaming standards.
It takes about 3500 emblems to get full dom and weapon/s. If you win with a 500 and do the quest it is about 11-12 emblems per match. That equals to about 300+ wins ONLY. If each match is 10mins that is 3000 mins = 50 hours of wins. Oppressor mostly only comes from score in scs. Granted you get emblems from kills potentially during the sc so this time can be cut down depending on how many rolls you win but you get the point. Oppressor also takes more emblems to get full set plus weapon compared to Dom set. It takes less actual played time to get the full invader set losing every fort since it takes about 50 forts to get the full set and each fort is 1hour or so it only takes 50 hours of losses in forts to get full invader.

I didn't account for time waiting for SCs to pop either so that would add on to the time it takes to get the full set. Even if you skip getting dom and just go straight to oppressor and weapons, you need to be RR50 or 51 to start earning oppressor instead of conq emblems and convert at least 300 oppressor for the rr45 weapon for the prereq for the rr61 weapon. Added to 1500 for oppressor weapon and about 2300-2500 for gear if you want full set. That is 4300 oppressor emblems. 7 emblems per match = 614 matches. Equals out to be 102 hours of wins. <--- This number is just playing the matches and doesn't include time waiting in the que. The changes to the new brackets may fix time waiting as i see more pops now vs before so this could cut back on time. But even if average wait time is 3mins it is still 30 hours of waiting in a que. Bringing up total play time to get the oppressor set to 132 hours ( IF YOU WIN EVERY MATCH)

Most of the times i did math for are averages and not actual times since your time to win a match may vary as well as your time waiting in the que.
Trismack

Manatikik

Post#15 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm "If you push" and "if you have full premade"

Im playing this character casually for a pretty damn long time and i still don't have full Opp set, and only have one 61 one-hand, currently sitting at 1000 emblems

Pretty sure people did some calculations on how much hours of playtime it takes to get full 45rr weapons and full domi when those were the highest SC weapons, i don't remember exact number but it was **** wild by modern gaming standards.
With 4 wins/hour at 7 emblems a win it takes 53.5 hours to get a 1500 oppressor weapon. So if you play during high pop times and get 5-6 pops an hour you’re looking at 30-40 hours. Not a short time but not some hellish grind (esp since you’re actually playing interactive and fun content). For full oppressor and weapon yea that ups the grind by a bit but only DPS AM/Sham use that as BiS.

And if you’re casually playing something can you really complain about how long it takes to get something? Not to mention if you’re casually playing a class then Conq/dom is enough to compete with 95% of the server.

Though I’m not arguing against a shorter grind for it just saying it’s not some insurmountable hill.
<Montague><Capulet>

Flavorburst

Post#16 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:02 pm
Grock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm "If you push" and "if you have full premade"

With 4 wins/hour at 7 emblems a win it takes 53.5 hours to get a 1500 oppressor weapon. So if you play during high pop times and get 5-6 pops an hour you’re looking at 30-40 hours. Not a short time but not some hellish grind (esp since you’re actually playing interactive and fun content). For full oppressor and weapon yea that ups the grind by a bit but only DPS AM/Sham use that as BiS.

And if you’re casually playing something can you really complain about how long it takes to get something? Not to mention if you’re casually playing a class then Conq/dom is enough to compete with 95% of the server.

Though I’m not arguing against a shorter grind for it just saying it’s not some insurmountable hill.

Sure, if you get a solid 6 together, have everyone play constantly, win EVERY match in 10m or less, and people don't stop queuing from getting their **** pushed in, you'll get ONE 2h weapon in 50-60 hours.

However, that's a) a very unrealistic set of circumstances b) a lot more work than just getting a purple bag in orvr c) even the pve weapons don't take as much effort to get, and they are better.

Manatikik

Post#17 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:29 am

Flavorburst wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 am

Sure, if you get a solid 6 together, have everyone play constantly, win EVERY match in 10m or less, and people don't stop queuing from getting their **** pushed in, you'll get ONE 2h weapon in 50-60 hours.

However, that's a) a very unrealistic set of circumstances b) a lot more work than just getting a purple bag in orvr c) even the pve weapons don't take as much effort to get, and they are better.

Meh I did it, really not a lot of work; plus it’s more fun to play with a consistent 6.
<Montague><Capulet>

Flavorburst

Post#18 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:36 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:29 am
Flavorburst wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 am

Meh I did it, really not a lot of work; plus it’s more fun to play with a consistent 6.
Do you consider your play experience with the guild that you have cultivated over the course of a year or so "normal" or anywhere close to average?

Ads
Direbloodykiller

Post#19 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

It also shows that you don't do your work in SC's (if you now want to compare carlos lack of work in RvR). I guess you got an answer, swinging around with fancy and demeaning words per your normal way.

Also funny that i don't see you challeging Wargrimnirs post where he compare time sink between getting RvR gear and SC gear.
Though you're not alone to chicken out there, nobody gives any facts to this he says (and i don't think it's because he is so scary, it's because he is right).
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Grock wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:17 pm Pretty sure people did some calculations on how much hours of playtime it takes to get full 45rr weapons and full domi when those were the highest SC weapons, i don't remember exact number but it was **** wild by modern gaming standards.
It takes about 3500 emblems to get full dom and weapon/s. If you win with a 500 and do the quest it is about 11-12 emblems per match. That equals to about 300+ wins ONLY. If each match is 10mins that is 3000 mins = 50 hours of wins. Oppressor mostly only comes from score in scs. Granted you get emblems from kills potentially during the sc so this time can be cut down depending on how many rolls you win but you get the point. Oppressor also takes more emblems to get full set plus weapon compared to Dom set. It takes less actual played time to get the full invader set losing every fort since it takes about 50 forts to get the full set and each fort is 1hour or so it only takes 50 hours of losses in forts to get full invader.

I didn't account for time waiting for SCs to pop either so that would add on to the time it takes to get the full set. Even if you skip getting dom and just go straight to oppressor and weapons, you need to be RR50 or 51 to start earning oppressor instead of conq emblems and convert at least 300 oppressor for the rr45 weapon for the prereq for the rr61 weapon. Added to 1500 for oppressor weapon and about 2300-2500 for gear if you want full set. That is 4300 oppressor emblems. 7 emblems per match = 614 matches. Equals out to be 102 hours of wins. <--- This number is just playing the matches and doesn't include time waiting in the que. The changes to the new brackets may fix time waiting as i see more pops now vs before so this could cut back on time. But even if average wait time is 3mins it is still 30 hours of waiting in a que. Bringing up total play time to get the oppressor set to 132 hours ( IF YOU WIN EVERY MATCH)

Most of the times i did math for are averages and not actual times since your time to win a match may vary as well as your time waiting in the que.
No - please do the math on waiting for SC to pop (and you also takes the worst example from when i don't know).
Also do add the time it takes to got to fort and not only the fortplay (since this is the equivalent of the wait for SC to pop). Like last Saturday (last time when there were a population online to talk about) when it took 18 hours(!) before destro pushed through Reikland to go to fort. Add this to the calculation or keep it under the rug to give your point more validation.

Grock

Post#20 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:00 pm

TL;DR: In unrealistic ideal circumstances its roughly 50-60 hours to finish domib+ 45rr wep, or just one 61rr wep, real time is way longer

Those numbers would be much higher due to queue times and losses

Add in the daily playtime, days when you can't play or don't play scenarios and these "50 hours" can stretch into months
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)