Recent Topics

Ads

Current xrealm lockout system

Let's talk about... everything else
wonshot

Current xrealm lockout system

Post#1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:17 pm

So defending Forts outside of Primetime when the AAO is too big, you dont have a chance to build minimum reward contribution, and it furthermore increaseses the xrealming into a spiral.

I was wondering how the current xrealming preventing system works. Since ive heard Team members mention that there is a system in place atm.
So right now in KV order has 200+ aao.
I started on Order char, got a BO contribution rp tick got a killing blow and was rvr flagged in the zone.
I then logged onto a destro char, got a BO tick and logged onto order assuming to be met with the Blue message of something like "you have xrealmed and your other char will lose contribution" and correct i got the blue message when i was flaggin in orvr

I proceeded to this this 8 times back and forth, untill i was utterly bored and found the system to not be working at all in preventing anyone from getting a realm-lockout if they wanted to constantly jump back and forth.

So did anyone actually test this proclaimed "current lockout system" or do the devs just assume it is in place and working?

Because right now, players look what is timeefficient for them. if they got chars that need invader or RR on both sides, only the stuborn few of us remain on the 200% aao side because almost everyone know you dont have a very big chance of getting loser medals when you get megazerged.
And right now it just spirales the issue into a place where people are not even trying when aao kicks in. Surely a player issue, but its getting to the point were we need a system to prevent the easymoding :!:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Grock

Re: Current xrealm lockout system

Post#2 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm

A lockout wouldn't do anything about 200% AAO zone transitioning into 200% AAO fort.

It will, however, prevent 200% AAO zone transitioning into balanced fort due to xrealmers switching to defence.

Also im not sure what lockouts are you referring to, as far as i know there's only contribution wiping right now.

As always in these xrealm discussions, problem isn't that people can switch sides, but in how rewards are calculated and acquired, resulting in wrong motivations (joining the zerg, instead of balancing out the pop)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

OndeTv

Post#3 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm[...]problem isn't that people can switch sides, but in how rewards are calculated and acquired, resulting in wrong motivations (joining the zerg, instead of balancing out the pop)
This.

The game is always better off when both sides have someone to fight and when battles are easily found but not easily won (or lost). Xrealming should be the factor that helps balance out the population, but instead it currently works the exact opposite as you described. There are many suggestions on this forum as how to achieve that: Quest systems, lockouts, bonuses, chokepoint scaling and many more.

The question is how does the staff perceive these issues?
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm

We have a xrealm lock in place that should allow you to switch -> underdog but not the other way around if its working as it should.

We also have a system in place that when on the dominating side you get a buff if you switch to underdog for 1h, this is addition to any AAO bonus that might be present.

Grock

Post#5 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:46 pm

Natherul wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm We also have a system in place that when on the dominating side you get a buff if you switch to underdog for 1h, this is addition to any AAO bonus that might be present.
I have a suspicion it doesn't work now.
I've been trying to fetch that buff many times in last few weeks and it haven't worked a single time. A few months back it was quite easy to get, but now i never see or get it, no matter what i try.

Also things like this need a clear indication to players, even when it worked the only indication was a message in chat that was easy to miss.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

wonshot

Post#6 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm

@Nat, yeah that is exactly the reason I tried to loglog a handful times today, to test if this lockout actually worked. Maybe i relogged back and forth too quickly but I was never met with a realm-lockout between the 8total back & forth relogs (16logouts)

So maybe its time to investigate if this system is not working. I can assist in helping testing this, and can bring a handful of guildies along if needed.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO