Recent Topics

Ads

The Zerg!

Let's talk about... everything else
Nosun

The Zerg!

Post#1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 am

So I've only been playing maybe or 2 or 3 months and I'm just curious. Does the game just go back and forth with one side having a huge zerg in the lakes? The game seems more fun to me when its closer to even numbers which only sometimes happens now during EU primetime. Outside of that small few hour window its just a huge Destro zerg and about maybe a month or two ago it was a huge Order zerg. Is this just what to expect from orvr?

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Re: The Zerg!

Post#2 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:14 am

Well thats the point of view if you are pugging. If you are in an organized guild then the zerg doesnt really matter. Now with the 24 aoe cap limit organized warbands can perform very well against zerg. We farmed over 200K RP yesterday as destro with 40% aao at a point in TM
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Direbloodykiller

Post#3 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:52 am

What Gitbane is writing above sums it up pretty much. Though i reckon we, destruction that is, got the "zergball", order not that much for the time being (nor the last 2-3 months).

Grock

Post#4 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Nosun wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:00 am So I've only been playing maybe or 2 or 3 months and I'm just curious. Does the game just go back and forth with one side having a huge zerg in the lakes? The game seems more fun to me when its closer to even numbers which only sometimes happens now during EU primetime. Outside of that small few hour window its just a huge Destro zerg and about maybe a month or two ago it was a huge Order zerg. Is this just what to expect from orvr?
population flutuates all the time, couple months for one side, couple months for other, its natural, but most of that "zerg" is usually unorganized pick-up groups/warbands, without proper leadership or party composition, and don't stand a chance against organized players
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Nosun

Post#5 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Where are these organised warbands? I have seen 6 to 12 man's on both sides roll thru entire pug warbands I have been in and it is comical when people start getting upset. I do not however see organised full warbands out there and I do play during both EU and NA primetime. I don't play all that much on destro though so maybe they have them but order definitely doesn't have whole organised warbands or at least not in the last couple months.

Nosun

Post#6 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Where are these organised warbands? I have seen 6 to 12 man's on both sides roll thru entire pug warbands I have been in and it is comical when people start getting upset. I do not however see organised full warbands out there and I do play during both EU and NA primetime. I don't play all that much on destro though so maybe they have them but order definitely doesn't have whole organised warbands or at least not in the last couple months.

Ytendra

Post#7 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:17 pm

There are very few organised warbands, however, there are organised guilds who organise their own warbands and fill them with guild members and alliance members if needed.
Id highly recommend joining a guild, it makes a huge difference in WAR, take a look in the guild recruitment forum section.

Acidic

Post#8 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm

There are organized warbands on both sides and have been since ages
Destro: PnP, FMJ, Art of war, WoM, and also the king Ocara
Order: BT , 7th, CNTK, ..... and other new or smaller guilds

These guilds don’t run open warbands and typically populate from guild, alliance and then LFG channel on occasions

Ads
OndeTv

Post#9 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:44 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:32 pm[...]These guilds don’t run open warbands and typically populate from guild, alliance and then LFG channel on occasions
The last part here isn't completely completely correct. To my knowledge all of the guilds you listed run open warbands from time to time, but prefer to run closed warbands when possible.

From the perspective of AoW we have several individuals who "specialize" in running open warbands, leading the pugs to glory (or die trying :) ). On the other hand we also run mixed open pug, mixed closed pug and fully guild/alliance warbands ;)
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~