Recent Topics

Ads

Fort reward

Let's talk about... everything else
Ysaran

Fort reward

Post#1 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:50 pm

So, two or three hours ago there was a Stonewatch fort. i was on order side and we were annhilated. i took 2 flag and made 4 kills (while been killed only 2 times). at the end of the fortress i recived no rewards (it lasted 15 minutes so not a big deal, really) but i didn't received the usual "your contribution was too low" so i was asking myself: is this normal? what's happened exactly?
Zputadenti

Ads
wpc56
Suspended

Re: Fort reward

Post#2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Same for healing the entirety of a SUCCESSFUL fort defense yesterday in Reik watch.

It's still broken for order, just log onto dest and get your free 6 medals and RR until they fix it. At this point my Borc should have 1/2 of the invader set at RR4x

Shalktonin

Post#3 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:22 pm

wpc56 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm Same for healing the entirety of a SUCCESSFUL fort defense yesterday in Reik watch.

It's still broken for order, just log onto dest and get your free 6 medals and RR until they fix it. At this point my Borc should have 1/2 of the invader set at RR4x
Jesus H Christ it can be broken at times for both sides, destro has lost medals just like you kids have. If you feel the need to whine stick your head in the toilet and whine makes good bubbles.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

wpc56
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 pm

Joining the dest zerg for 6 medals and RR for 15 min of afk or defending 40 minutes while outnumbered and get 1.6k rr and no medals or RR for the win... guess which one people is going to do.

Would that be why dest's been flipping zones and forts lately barely contested? Don't kid yourself it's the same set of players switching to either side to ride the train.

If you are not going to "fix" the no medal/rr problem for defender, there is no reason to defend. You can only have "war" when you have someone willing to show up on the other side.

Guess what, my borc is 1/3 way to full invader set, too bad he's not even rr50

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:10 pm

wpc56 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 pm If you are not going to "fix" the no medal/rr problem for defender, there is no reason to defend. You can only have "war" when you have someone willing to show up on the other side.
Then make a detailed bugreport that contains step to replicate issues. As is I have no way of replicating said bug. Also please stop with the snarkiness. We fix all bugs that we can. Your message suggest we dont want to fix it and it cannot be further from the truth.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm

What would you need? I'm assuming unique identifer like acct or character names and ids? How do you trace an issue, crawl through error logs during certain time from before to after fort (assuming this is an app issue)

Without knowing the mechanics on contribution I would assume this is probably a timed out error or application logic error with one of conditions are not met or faulty logic with the way contribution is awarded

As for reproducible bugs, a dev can log on after fort and ask in T4 chat for any defender who didn't received any RR/medals and i'm sure there'll be plenty of ppl who would be more than willing to share detail steps if you need a production bug to trace back

I would recommend a standardized bug template to facilitate a better quality of bug written up and easier for triage (I see tags associated but that's just bug sorting)

I can definitely file a bug up, but I want to know what you need to trace the issue.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:17 am

wpc56 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm What would you need? I'm assuming unique identifer like acct or character names and ids? How do you trace an issue, crawl through error logs during certain time from before to after fort (assuming this is an app issue)

Without knowing the mechanics on contribution I would assume this is probably a timed out error or application logic error with one of conditions are not met or faulty logic with the way contribution is awarded

As for reproducible bugs, a dev can log on after fort and ask in T4 chat for any defender who didn't received any RR/medals and i'm sure there'll be plenty of ppl who would be more than willing to share detail steps if you need a production bug to trace back

I would recommend a standardized bug template to facilitate a better quality of bug written up and easier for triage (I see tags associated but that's just bug sorting)

I can definitely file a bug up, but I want to know what you need to trace the issue.
There is a report temple in the bugtracker already.
Also as harsh as it may sound, people stating they did not get loot is not proof of any kind as Ive witnessed personally people claim that but in fact they did get loot.
The issue is replication as each time I have tried on my local instance to replicate the issue it all works. Aka I need to understand or see a pattern in the issues, which at this point I dont.

sioding
Game Master

Post#8 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 am

wpc56 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm I would recommend a standardized bug template to facilitate a better quality of bug written up and easier for triage (I see tags associated but that's just bug sorting)
So you never clicked the "New Issue" button - there is a template but most of the ppl ignore it.

We GM's (well at least me) do have tells about that every day - and i ask _everyone_ to make a detailed bugreport with every step
they can give from "how did i joined the fort" til "i did that and this inside and got this reward..."

But as you can imagen how many detailed reports are inside the tracker.... none.
Everyone of us can help with a good report - with as much information as you have. Just... do it!
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#9 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 am

I think people are too hung up on farminig invader set, just wondering when they finally fully get their inv set, what will they start to complain about? or just quit the game and leave? maybe I will express a very unpopular point of view, but you need to do a wipe of all the characters at least up to level 50 rr and annihilate all the collected sets after entering the city sieges.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:36 am I think people are too hung up on farminig invader set, just wondering when they finally fully get their inv set, what will they start to complain about? or just quit the game and leave? maybe I will express a very encouraging point of view, but you need to do a wipe of all the characters at least up to level 50 rr and the destruction of all the collected sets after entering the city sieges.
Why destruction? if so it should def be for both realms. Which is not going to happen btw.

Just a month or so ago order was freely farming destro over and over. Cries for wiping a realm is not happening as both realm are equally bad in this regard.