Recent Topics

Ads

GW brings Warhammer Fantasy back

Let's talk about... everything else
Askyndr

GW brings Warhammer Fantasy back

Post#1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but GW apparently wants to bring Warhammer Fantasy back. No details are know yet, but it most probably will be in the computer game area.

https://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-fanta ... ming-back/

Of course this means it potentially could also mean a new MMORPG, as many other genres are now covered in this setting (coop-shooter, tactical combat, action RPG etc.)? There is a mobile MMORPG game called Warhammer Odyssey upcoming, but a fullblown MMORPG for PC or consoles like WAR could mean the end of ROR, what do you think?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: GW brings Warhammer Fantasy back

Post#2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Could have just linked the site it was originally posted from. They announced The Old World return a couple weeks ago. Most of the talk around it at the time was a return to the tabletop version of the game, wouldn't hold my breath on an MMO, they're not profitable unless you're either WoW or you load up on borderline predatory montetization practices.
Crappy mobile games with lootboxes and in-app purchases are planned though. Bless Total War for doing a current Warhammer series that doesn't suck, without them we'd be stuck in fantasy40k for a while.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... warhammer/
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:44 pm

As much as I doubted and hated and was in a furious frenzy against GW when they "killed" WHFB... I, can see them revitalizing it a'la the 30k version of Fantasy. And that, that makes me happy and chilly inside at all once. Thanks for sharing, and glad I didn't sell off my old orcs, skeletons and liz... oh, well I held on to most of them.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Vri

Post#4 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:56 am

I hope Jervis Johnson is lead on this project.

Also I think we did this- the night, the news hit.

Gut007

Post#5 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Askyndr wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 pm I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but GW apparently wants to bring Warhammer Fantasy back. No details are know yet, but it most probably will be in the computer game area.

https://www.pcgamer.com/warhammer-fanta ... oming-backswabs/

Of course this means it potentially could also mean a new MMORPG, as many other genres are now covered in this setting (coop-shooter, tactical combat, action RPG etc.)? There is a mobile MMORPG game called Warhammer Odyssey upcoming, but a fullblown MMORPG for PC or consoles like WAR could mean the end of ROR, what do you think?
Also I think we did this- the night, the news hit.

Blasio

Post#6 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Im so happy for WHFB. And I also gloating a bit because its quite a confession of incompetence by the corporate side. They should have known better. Its their ip and the people want it.

space44

Post#7 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:16 pm

wont be the same, if they were to make a new mmorpg it would take place on a different period of the lore. knowing games workshop they are going to push the newer Old World lore taking place after age of sigmar. things that would be considered blasphemy in the older lore like multiple ice witches in Kislev.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

sighy

Post#8 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:35 pm

space44 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:16 pm wont be the same, if they were to make a new mmorpg it would take place on a different period of the lore. knowing games workshop they are going to push the newer Old World lore taking place after age of sigmar. things that would be considered blasphemy in the older lore like multiple ice witches in Kislev.
The Old World actually takes place right after the Time of Three Emperors, which is a century or two before End Times.

Ads