Recent Topics

Ads

Question about "end game" gearing

Let's talk about... everything else
guigui7

Question about "end game" gearing

Post#1 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:41 pm

So I'm new to the game, far from being 40, 1/4 of the way down haha level 10. Jokes aside though, the game is really interesting and has really nice class designs and systems for its age.

I'd like toknow what are the multiple ways of gearing right now for endgame pvp and pve? Are there even pve groups or is it a meme in this pvp oriented game?

For PVE are there any items/sets you need to min max to do optimal dps/Heal/tanking like any game or pve is fairly easy and can be done in pretty much any gear?

For PVP I know there are pvp sets from emblems and such, but are there classes where pve sets are much better than pvp sets ?

Ultimately, how many sets are there? I've watched and researched a bit, but there's not much info out there.... there's like 2 pvp sets I think and like 2 PVE sets? Is that outdated? are there more sets now?

hit me up with knowledge.

EDIT : 1 more question, are the devs releasing new "custom" sets of items in the game that didn't exist back then to keep a sense of progression?

Ads
kuj0jotar0

Re: Question about "end game" gearing

Post#2 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:20 pm

Pve gear is not that superior to pvp gear, also some specs can totally pass on pve gear cause the pvp one just fit better for their role.

You can find a lot of ppl looking for pugs dungeon runs and if you whant you can easly find a prty.

Pvp gear is acquired just playing rvr or scs, you will need time but you will eventually get your sets.

Remember, you acquire your rvr sets based on your level and renow rank.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:53 pm

There are far more sets for "endgame" (means Max lol 40). From pve there are ruin-set from t4 pq, redeye-set from gunbad-dungeon, beastlord-set from lair bosses, onslaught-set from chapter 22 pq, sentinel-set from city dungeons and bloodlord from bastion stair dungeon.
From scenarios you get mercenary-set, dominator-set and oppressor-set.
From open-rvr you get annihilator-set, conquerer-set, vanquisher-set and invader-set.

The sets are ranked from - in general - worst to best , but depending on your class an your specc you shouldn't follow this ranking to optimize your gear. Usually mixing sets is advisable, but some of the sets require a lot of grind.

Sets from open-rvr usually favour the stats for the archetype of your class (tanks get tankier, dps do more dmg and healers heal better). But as you can go quite tanky on dps, do some lol-dps as tank and go dps as a healer, the open-rvr sets might be garbage for you.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm

The end goal for set design is that you will have many options that are distinct upgrades without being drastically meta-breaking for each step (as we saw on live).

The gear gap between Sovereign and Conqueror has intentionally been squished. They're not as drastic a shift from one end of the scale to the other. Things as you go higher should grow flatter in power curve. The end game sets might have players going piecemeal in sets like 2-3-3 or 4-4, or they might want to use the granted ability effects on each and go the full 8pc.

The flat set bonuses have been adjusted to be less valuable than live for the first set bonus, but more valuable for the 3rd set bonus, these result in a net neutral stat difference and encourage going to 4pc for full stat efficiency with the set. Considering however that many of the set bonuses have be de-junked with useless stats (for most gear compared to live) there's almost never going to be a situation where a set bonus is totally useless for a class/spec. Unless you're a Swordmaster and you hate weaponskill.

The list of gear for T4 as it stands today
PvE - Ruin, Beastlord, Rare Fortune, Redeye, Onslaught, Sentinel, Bloodlord
PvP - Annihilator, Mercenary, Conqueror, Dominator, Oppressor, Vanquisher, Invader

We have another 4 PvE sets, and 5 PvP sets remaining to implement, although those numbers may change to be more in the distant future.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

TiberiusD

Post#5 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm
We have another 4 PvE sets, and 5 PvP sets remaining to implement, although those numbers may change to be more in the distant future.
Which are those? Do you know their names?

turlututuhu

Post#6 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am

@ Wargrimnir
OH MY GOD you forget the keeper set.
:o

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
:lol:
test monkey 062 (test failure... escaped)

TiberiusD

Post#7 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

turlututuhu wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:33 am @ Wargrimnir
OH MY GOD you forget the keeper set.
:o
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
:lol:
He was talking about CR30+ :D
Keeper is way below

turlututuhu

Post#8 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:51 pm The list of gear for T4 as it stands today
PvE - Ruin, Beastlord, Rare Fortune, Redeye, Onslaught, Sentinel, Bloodlord
PvP - Annihilator, Mercenary, Conqueror, Dominator, Oppressor, Vanquisher, Invader
Sorry but when I read "the list of gear for T4", that mean for me "T4" = T2 + T3 + T4, because there is only one Tier after T1 today.
It is more appropriated to speak about T1 and T2, there are no others Tiers.

But I understanding what you mean, sorry for the mistake.
test monkey 062 (test failure... escaped)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 pm

TiberiusD wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 am
Of course I know their names. They were intentionally omitted.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

TiberiusD

Post#10 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:55 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 pm
TiberiusD wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 am
Of course I know their names. They were intentionally omitted.
so 9 new gear sets. times maximum 8 pieces (let's say) = 72 pieces
I have only 58 free slots in my bank/backpack.

Please put more slots :D