Recent Topics

Ads

dps is over powered

Let's talk about... everything else
ziomek

Re: dps is over powered

Post#91 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Ghostweed wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:45 am
Dackle wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:38 am This happens from time to time even on the most geared defensive spec players. I chalk it up to assisting. When i get "deleted" I usually check my combat log only to see I got hit by 5+ (sometimes as much as a warband) players in less than 2 seconds. Assist train with everyone using addons...
Yeah, thats the thing, most addnos are cheatlike, u can setup auto macros for everything, one button assist and rotation, u dont even have to look at the screen if u have good setup, u just smash few buttons and they autotarget and autocast.

This game is not about voip, gearing or skills. Its all about good addons and good setup of them. It is autowin in most situaton. Its almost like botting, you do stuff with minimal player input.
Have u tryied healgrid? Man its like super cheating, I can setup conditional autocast and autotarget. I only need to move and smash 3 buttons. Glorious!
i love you, grandad

Ads
courtsdad1

Post#92 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:48 am A lot tin-foil-head assumptions in this thread concerning addons but if it makes losing easier to accept, go with it.
This.

stealthc98

Post#93 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:23 pm

I'll admit I use Nerfed Buttons on my BG to cycle debuffs and one for buffs. It makes my skill bar go from WTF too many buttons to manageable.

Zxul

Post#94 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Acidic wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:35 pm The reson is that if you look at tanks spec and gear for defensive tanks all the item and skill investment in defence is straight out wasted and irrelevant vs say slayer.
It depends on what do you invest in. Less chance to be crit works just fine vs slayer, toughness works just fine vs slayer, absorbs work fine vs slayer, ets.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Doomjester921

Post#95 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 pm

Defensive play, while more complex, is still a viable necessity in high tier play. Without the tanks and healers, the dd is rendered useless... You can be horrifically powerful, but what difference does that make if you can't survive long enough to make it count?
I'm a DPS build SM, but i'm still inherently defensive.
No point imo having the damage, if I'm useless to my allies, and require dedicated healers in order to do anything.
A sad truth I have come to see; despite my Guarding of mdps and healers, I'm near always low on the healer's priorities. So I rely on my self heal procs and defensive stats to stand my ground long enough for them to notice me. Toughness still works against abilities that ignore armour, both work on abilities that ignore parry/block... All of them work just fine against everything else... Dps classes are designed with those abilities for a reason. Without armour or parry/block ignore abilities they would have little to no utility against a Tank. Those abilities aren't exactly their whole bar... Besides, even tanks like the SM have abilities and tactics that do the same, or abilities and tactics designed to negate or weaken them.
Linmarbor Valestrider, Swordmaster.