Recent Topics

Ads

dps is over powered

Let's talk about... everything else
Aceboltz

Re: dps is over powered

Post#11 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:19 am

Yeah my sorc is completely overpowered in scenarios... So op if any melee or tank reaches me (or if I get into heaven's fury/slice trough/shackle/grip of stone/earthshatter/aethiric grasp range) I'm just dead, period. I don't timestamp 2H tanks for more than 2.5k (sorry SM players, you need to press that invincibility button better) and I do nothing to shield ones. I also get 100% shut down by WL and WH and the most common healers (WP and RP) can cleanse my dots.
Yeah I can oneshot other ranged DPS and unguarded slayers but in most cases it's the ONLY WAY to kill something half decent: perfect timestamps + lucky crits.
So OP.

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:05 am

havartii wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 am when a dps can take you down within 2 seconds. maybe it is a bit overpowered? most times it is more than one and you just evaporate. yea real fun for healer classes. Just watch any stream watch how fast the fights end. I guess it is fun for the dps classes? Wow I 1 shot that low geared player hehe im so good . that is the mentality of this game now? it used to be skill based.
Are you actually low geared? Because gear matters. Renown rank matters also. What are you getting exploded by? Healers have a pretty good defense against BW timestamp through willpower disrupt scaling, so you probably want to be slotting armor talis in your gear.. it's expensive, yes, but after WL armor debuff without armor talis you're at.. what.. 400ish armor? That and always run an armor pot, get at least FS2 and it'll be a world of difference.
<Salt Factory>

Gangan

Post#13 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:44 am

dansari wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:05 am Healers have a pretty good defense against BW timestamp through willpower disrupt scaling, (...).
Wasn't the defense formula changed back to it's old form, were it gave almost no significant bonus?
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ysaran

Post#14 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:46 am

havartii wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 am when a dps can take you down within 2 seconds. maybe it is a bit overpowered?
or maybe you are undeargeared, wrong specced and without proper support?
Zputadenti

havartii

Post#15 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:31 pm

@Ysaran There was a time when you earned your kills by Out Playing your opponent and it was satisfying and based on skill. There was a time where 2 vs 1 was not an automatic kill. Time to kill is much to high right now. @Aceboltz i watch Zarbix hit top dps Every scenario and usually by a lot. Maybe B/W is better ? lol . Fights in general are just way too short imo.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

adamska2

Post#16 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 pm

The Game Is Balance When you have a Guard or detaunt Is not a 1 vs 1 Game

This is WHy Good Tank are So important in this game and most of the time carry the team better with support than a dps.
Healer to are so powerful ! With the late game gear, they can perma detaunt 1 dps and tank him all the day

This Is why 2 tanks 2 dps 2 heals is the perfect setup
Azeyune

havartii

Post#17 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:20 pm

@adamska2 so you saying the late gear sets contain a perma detaunt?? well i must see this.

Gangan

Post#18 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:35 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:20 pm @adamska2 so you saying the late gear sets contain a perma detaunt?? well i must see this.
You can keep your single-targeg detaunt up on one enemy regardless of your gear, as uptime and cd are the same.
He probably means that the def-stats on later gear makes it easier to survive.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Ads
Mez

Post#19 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm

It's not as bad on live because on Live, a dps could go glass cannon and just lean on settra, pots and pocket items and cleansing wind etc to survive. So DPS was king.

It's not as bad on this server, but gear gaps are being introduced the more sets releassed, and yes, triple potting is back folks. DPS will go more DPS and it will start to feel like you have no chance when levels/gear determine which side will win.

Previous versions of this server and lower tiers where some of the best pvp this game has ever seen. But those days are over now.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

havartii

Post#20 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:43 pm

@Mez it has started :(