nat3s

Re: Solo Ranked AFK'ers

Post#21 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:56 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:32 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Unstoppable1776 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:39 pm

it was such a one-dimensional thought.
Ask yourself
is it fair if someone crashes for them to get a 1-2 hour quitter debuff?
Is it fair when some people only play 1-2 hours a day or week for their experience to be a negative one

Your scenario/solution works in a glass bubble with certain conditions. Analyze your solutions before posting.
Malus is an example of something in-game. The higher population side gets diminished rewards. So great when wb vs wb
but for those that fight outside of this 1 condition glass bubble scenario its hurts people.

-ICONIC

Could you be any more pompous... You must be the life of every party! It's easy to sit back and snipe at people, but it's not really helping the discussion.

Do you have a suggestion to offer up or are you just going to keep waving your ego around as a self-appointed voice of reason?
That's not pompous, it's very accurate in describing why it's a bad idea. Are you debating the list or reasons supplied?

I see the flaws in my suggestion, not only is it punishing on people who crash to desktop, but it would likely reduce the number of people available to queue making ranked pops less common. Perhaps the quitter debuff for ranked could only apply to queuing for ranked, raise it to 1 hour, but still allow the player to queue for normal SCs if they miss a ranked SC.

If Iconic really wanted to contribute he could drop the patronising and self-aggrandising attitude and offer up his own suggestion... but of course it's much easier to snipe others than to put your own thoughts on the table so I doubt we'll see that!

Don't be drawn into his negativity, it's low grade trash.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
Secrets
Former Staff

Post#22 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:50 am

There's been adjustments to prevent AFK'ers lately that snuck in without a note. Not going into details but you shouldn't be rewarded for non-participation for losing.

courtsdad1

Post#23 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:41 pm

nat3s wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:56 am
nat3s wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Could you be any more pompous... You must be the life of every party! It's easy to sit back and snipe at people, but it's not really helping the discussion.

Do you have a suggestion to offer up or are you just going to keep waving your ego around as a self-appointed voice of reason?
That's not pompous, it's very accurate in describing why it's a bad idea. Are you debating the list or reasons supplied?

I see the flaws in my suggestion, not only is it punishing on people who crash to desktop, but it would likely reduce the number of people available to queue making ranked pops less common. Perhaps the quitter debuff for ranked could only apply to queuing for ranked, raise it to 1 hour, but still allow the player to queue for normal SCs if they miss a ranked SC.

If Iconic really wanted to contribute he could drop the patronising and self-aggrandising attitude and offer up his own suggestion... but of course it's much easier to snipe others than to put your own thoughts on the table so I doubt we'll see that!

Here the thing, he did make suggestions but you didn't like how it was worded. There wasn't any negativity unless you are ultra sensitive when someone points out the flaws in your idea. It appears you got point he was trying to make so everyone wins.

People are always going to quit but mass, sweeping punishment is rarely a good thing. If I knew there would be a 1 hour penalty for missing a scenario then my answer, and I imagine others, would be to never que for one. I don't think that's what anyone wants. I hate quitters but in a game that's this small lengthy punishment is not a good idea.

nat3s

Post#24 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:58 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:41 pm
nat3s wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:56 am

Here the thing, he did make suggestions but you didn't like how it was worded. There wasn't any negativity unless you are ultra sensitive when someone points out the flaws in your idea. It appears you got point he was trying to make so everyone wins.

People are always going to quit but mass, sweeping punishment is rarely a good thing. If I knew there would be a 1 hour penalty for missing a scenario then my answer, and I imagine others, would be to never que for one. I don't think that's what anyone wants. I hate quitters but in a game that's this small lengthy punishment is not a good idea.

Where did he suggest a fix to the 6v5 6v4 issue? All he did was point out the obvious with my suggestion which i was already well aware of, but consider to be the lesser of two evils for the sake of increasing the likelihood of a 6v6 :)
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Sulorie

Post#25 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:33 pm

The only acceptable solution was already said. Allow the matchmaker to fill the empty slot, when the sc pop isn't taken or people crash out.
Dying is no option.

Cornerback

Post#26 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:33 pm The only acceptable solution was already said. Allow the matchmaker to fill the empty slot, when the sc pop isn't taken or people crash out.
This.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)