Classes/Builds for Non-Invader

Let's talk about... everything else
anrix

Re: Classes/Builds for Non-Invader

Post#11 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Jabba wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:52 am
Toggle wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:01 pm
Jabba wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:45 pm
Invader isn't at all necessary for any class. It's best on slayer/chop and sh/(sw and engi too i presume?) to mix with other sets, but they're still competitive with alternatives.
Not necessary meaning not BIS? That’s my issue. I want to work towards BIS and Invader is BIS for quite a few classes with some other PvE pieces thrown in. But like I said in the OP, I’m looking for specific builds I could work towards without needing Invader.
As I said, Invader is only the cut and dry BiS for slayer/choppa and then SH/Engi (maybe sw too?)
Maybe SnB tanks too? not sure, never had any inclination to play one ever.

That leaves 2h tanks, ranged casters, dps healers, the other mdps classes, healers (could be argued invader is BiS for shammy/am and dok/wp but there's barely anything in it)
Tank dungs with a 3/4 Redeye/Vanq mix if that is the best you can do. Go 2h kotbs, and push Bloodlord/Opp mix or full Bloodlord for BiS 2h.
Last edited by anrix on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Toggle

Post#12 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:11 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 am We know the server can scale up better than the initial fort implementation with a reservation of 5wb v 4wb. As we get back to reservations, we're going to bump up the total number over time to make sure we're hitting a limit that allows as many people as possible while still making the zone playable. Participation in the previous RvR zone will again be used to determine contribution, and with the xrealm blocking getting tuned up we should see less people coming out of their PvE or Scen farming simply to zerg down a fort (or defend it with greater numbers than the attackers).

Our hopes were to get the fort numbers as high as possible and avoid doing reservations at all, but there's only so much we can tune. We reached almost 700 people in a zone today, unfortunately that means a lot of people will be missing out on forts in the final version. However, the people that are missing out are going to be the ones that weren't actively pushing the campaign forward.

If you're one of those people that would play scenarios or just grind out PvE then try to bandwagon your way to a fort when it opens, you will need to re-evaluate your priorities when those last couple of zones are getting pushed. You don't need to be there for every RvR zone, just the end zones. That's about as casual as the system will allow for unless we want 250 v 350 slideshow RTS battles to keep going forward. Which we don't.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I’m not one of those players that sits around waiting for a fort. My issues are completely due to when I am able to play the game. Usually, I log into a fort happening and/or log in right after they have ended. When I am able to catch them, it’s usually not in enough time to get meaningful contribution in the zone prior to the fort. I understand why you guys are making the change, and I also understand that I am in the minority of players as far as play time and my personal schedule is concerned. That’s why I’m actively seeking out alternatives and not complaining about the changes. I appreciate the work that is being put into this project, and I would like to continue to play. But I would also like to be competitive, hence my post. Thanks again!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Toggle

Post#13 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Nidwin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:10 am https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... e=Nidwinqq

And it's fun, at least for me.
Thanks! I’ll take a look when I get home today. Is this a tanky Magus set up? Meant for solo or WB type stuff? Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Toggle

Post#14 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:14 pm

Invader isn't at all necessary for any class. It's best on slayer/chop and sh/(sw and engi too i presume?) to mix with other sets, but they're still competitive with alternatives.
Not necessary meaning not BIS? That’s my issue. I want to work towards BIS and Invader is BIS for quite a few classes with some other PvE pieces thrown in. But like I said in the OP, I’m looking for specific builds I could work towards without needing Invader.
As I said, Invader is only the cut and dry BiS for slayer/choppa and then SH/Engi (maybe sw too?)

That leaves 2h tanks, ranged casters, dps healers, the other mdps classes, healers (could be argued invader is BiS for shammy/am and dok/wp but there's barely anything in it)
Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Nidwin

Post#15 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:39 am

Toggle wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:13 pm
Nidwin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:10 am https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... e=Nidwinqq

And it's fun, at least for me.
Thanks! I’ll take a look when I get home today. Is this a tanky Magus set up? Meant for solo or WB type stuff? Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
No, it's not a tanky Magus build but a pure Havoc one. Single target nuke, with high initiative for the pesky WH's and their stealthy mode.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Alfa1986

Post#16 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 am

it is impossible to predict in advance how people will use (dishonest) these or other changes. I changed my mind and agree that the open forts became a mess at this stage, which was not at the beginning. the cancellation of the contribution led to the fact that people began to enter the game only when the fort happens, and refuse to do the rvr. at first I thought that they were just doing the scs or pve, but it couldn’t be that +150 people (from each side) were doing the scenarios at the same time, otherwise the scenarios would go on no stop. most likely they just go into the game when the fort happens, and they learn about it from streams or from guild communication. and yes, I also agree that a population of 300vs300 makes the fort unplayable.

in any case, these changes were useful, with the help of them it became clear how people begin to behave if they are given some freedom of choice, and also gave some idea of ​​the maximum restriction on the population in the zone. but if the old system is going back, the old problems will return:
1. What to do for those who do not get into the fort.
2. What pop limit to set for the fort.
3. What aspect ratio to choose for an optimal battle in the fort.
4. narrow funnels and huge dps from aoe
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

BeautfulToad

Post#17 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:24 pm

Almost certain no SnB tanks will use full invader, very useful/necessary for 2handed tanks if memory serves.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeautfulToad

Post#18 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Oddly, my last post before going on hiatus was about this. This guy is an engi and got eveyr single item and I think even all the tomb unlocks. He never used invader at all.
TiberiusD wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 pm What set do you normally use as an engineer with literally every single item in the game? Do you just use full invader + genesis? Do you use beastlord?
I use Vanquisher+Genesis+Doomsday weapons (all in full sets).

Ads