Recent Topics

Ads

Not sure this is the MMO for me

Let's talk about... everything else
Shavalen
Banned

Not sure this is the MMO for me

Post#1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:07 pm

I was at first hyped about a return to WAR,or in this case RR. There is one small problem. Its on a EU server,i mean it is what it is. Im wanting to go order,maybe one day work my way into a More organized Guild. The problem I see is that I work till 4 PM EST (not sure of the conversion to server time) and usually get on around 6,7 pm EST. I really dont want to do the destro thing. Tried it,didnt appeal to me. Most organised order guilds,if im correct ,would start around 1-2 pm EST, which I can not do due to work. Any suggestions?

Ads
Ototo

Re: Not sure this is the MMO for me

Post#2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:15 pm

Change job :D

Nah, joking. There are several people online all the time. Sure, EU is the main zone with 600+ online, but America time has decent player counts too, at around 250+ on average. I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of guilds there that run organized at your hour, ask in Advice channel in-game, just most likely 6-man parties instead of Warband size blobs.
Spoiler:

Shavalen
Banned

Post#3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:19 pm

Understand that,just I do like the WB size blobs.I did back when it was live. Didnt we have NA servers back then? Been so long

Ototo

Post#4 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Shavalen wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:19 pm Understand that,just I do like the WB size blobs.I did back when it was live. Didnt we have NA servers back then? Been so long
Yup, there were NA servers, and the vast majority of the player-base was north american, so it was at EU times that WAR had low populations. There were even french and german based servers, but very low populated in comparison with NA servers.

You will find occasional blobs in weekends, but that's pretty much the best. During the week in America prime time is kind of hard to find a person that rallies the full realm on to a glorious Waaargh!!, but when it happens is glorious 8-)
Spoiler:

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Shavalen wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:07 pm I was at first hyped about a return to WAR,or in this case RR. There is one small problem. Its on a EU server,i mean it is what it is. Im wanting to go order,maybe one day work my way into a More organized Guild. The problem I see is that I work till 4 PM EST (not sure of the conversion to server time) and usually get on around 6,7 pm EST. I really dont want to do the destro thing. Tried it,didnt appeal to me. Most organised order guilds,if im correct ,would start around 1-2 pm EST, which I can not do due to work. Any suggestions?
I wouldn't despair. There a number of organized NA Order guilds running around. They are just are not "always 20 on" behemoths and don't advertise.

I'm EST and had the exact same problem as you. I came out of Tier 1 pretty lost, and was worried I'd be limited to pugging (blech). Despite my asking on this forum, no North American Order group sent me a PM. So I kept checking the population in Altdorf and noted which guilds were the most represented, and then took the plunge and started up "Excuse me, do you have a moment?" conversations. Hard for a natural introvert tbh, but I was in a guild by the second one.

I'm still perma-lost mind you, but I am having a riot in this game.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Sarnai

Post#6 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:37 am

I'm EST as well, and it's definitely not as busy as peak EU times but playing order allows for some juicy AAO opportunities. You're more likely to find roaming solo-ers or 6-mans though,that is true. If there isn't a warband, just start one! Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd, and if you're not comfortable leading just hand it off to someone who wants to give it a shot.

I don't have nameplates on so I can't see guild names but I see Zaxxed advertised a fair amount in chat, I believe they're an NA guild.

-Sarnai
WH looking for gunbad left

Boursk

Post#7 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:23 am

This is one of the very very few good MMO's left out there mate, I suggest you stick it out for at least 1 month then make your decision based on that.

It's a free to play server so it's not like you have anything to lose ;)
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

havartii

Post#8 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:59 pm

I would like to add that the game is constantly being updated and NEW content always being added. Since I started I have seen the community grow , and I believe it will continue to do so. Stick around, try out different aspects of the game. Get in a guild , do some crafting, try some dungeons ect. The game has a lot to offer even at this Alpha stage.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:31 pm

The times that you are on there are a few very active guild you could join. Blade and Quill, Bitterstone Thunderer dwarf only, Shadow of Divinity or China Tower all large guild and all run dungeons, beastlords, scenario premade and guild/alliance only wbs. No need to pug with varied skilled people. From the braindead to just plain antisocial.