Recent Topics

Ads

WHY nerf Runefang???

Let's talk about... everything else
Ekundu01

Re: WHY nerf Runefang???

Post#31 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:54 pm Hmmm, the career builder must be off, cause it says knight heal aura gives 132 over 3 seconds. The chosen one isn't right but i know it's barely any HP gained at all. How much more hp does the chosen aura actually give? Because right now chosen aura gives such a pitifully low amount that it's not worth using in pretty much every situation save solo pve farming.
Chosen Heal aura is 120 hp over 3 secs with 0 points invested in the tree. It is also not in the same Utility tree as the knight so while most knights will probably dump points into glory for at least stagger even as a dps, the chosen will only really end up with points into the middle tree for a KD and going extra tanky for mixed defenses.
Trismack

Ads
synthrocker

Post#32 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:54 pm Hmmm, the career builder must be off, cause it says knight heal aura gives 132 over 3 seconds. The chosen one isn't right but i know it's barely any HP gained at all. How much more hp does the chosen aura actually give? Because right now chosen aura gives such a pitifully low amount that it's not worth using in pretty much every situation save solo pve farming.
Not home so I can’t look, what’s the chosen? My knights is like 130ish after being speced nearly all the way up the tree, I think no points in the tree is like was like 40 lol
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Detangler

Post#33 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:50 pm

synthrocker wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:19 pm
Not home so I can’t look, what’s the chosen? My knights is like 130ish after being speced nearly all the way up the tree, I think no points in the tree is like was like 40 lol
Hmm, is it 40 over 3 seconds or 40 hp every second for 3 seconds? Even if it's the lower number, both are still not worthy of ever being used as a baseline aura, so I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about over the amount of healing ticks.

Knights have the 15% increased heal tactic which for sure makes it much more appealing over other auras, though.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ototo

Post#34 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:18 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:50 pm
Hmm, is it 40 over 3 seconds or 40 hp every second for 3 seconds? Even if it's the lower number, both are still not worthy of ever being used as a baseline aura, so I'm not really sure what all the fuss is about over the amount of healing ticks.

Knights have the 15% increased heal tactic which for sure makes it much more appealing over other auras, though.
A lot more appealing. Instead of 40 is 46, and it will only cost you 1 tactic slot....
Spoiler:

synthrocker

Post#35 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:31 pm

It was 40hp over 3 seconds. That’s why it had the AP increase attached to it also. Because it was less than half the heal than the chosen aura.

As a baseline with just the heal aura it’s absolute junk.
With the tactic and AP gain it was good. But you’re specced more than halfway up the tree. AND IT ONLY DOES AS MUCH AS THE BASELINE CHOSEN version now without the AP gain specced more than halfway up the tree, absolute nerf

Don’t punish a aura that the chosen can increase easy but doesn’t because it’s not in a certain tree.

Again, the only thing the knight brings to the table in orvr is his auras and his ability to stay alive, damage is laughable compared to other tanks. And of course his CC, but all tanks have that

You’ve porked knights with all 3 changes. I’m a little more upset about the aura than runefang and mighty soul.

If you nerfed it to “be on par” with the chosen aura, ATLEAST MAKE THE BASELINE HEAL THE SAME AMOUNT. Or its blantent favoritism
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter

synthrocker

Post#36 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Just looked, someone bug tracked it. 9 points in each respective aura tree and stay focus does 115 healing, and chosen version does 158.

“Mirrored” 🙄
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter

Arbich
Suspended

Post#37 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:18 pm

A lot more appealing. Instead of 40 is 46, and it will only cost you 1 tactic slot....
mhm... I think you read the tooltip wrong. the tactic focused mending increased all heal on all group members within the aura range (at least it should, unless its broken now). Its an incredible strong tactic. Thats why the change to stay focused aura doesn´t matter. The aura was never really worth it without the tactic.

Thats why I also want to know, for whom runefang is now? In the past it was for 2h kobs that go middle tree for vigilance. The other (imo better) option was right tree with focused mending. I don´t think you have a free tactic spot for both. So 0 reason to spec for runefang?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Bozzax

Post#38 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:46 pm

Was changed to 30feet on live (guard range) bc it was imba broken

Still is most broken tac in game simply bc order healers get more healcrits and extra outgoing boosters (ED plus higer uptime on GGift) on top of a inc groupwide heal buff

Why do you think order win more with kotbs + rp/wp?

All in all adds to +50-67.5% or more heals on average or somthing (dont recall fully)

1.20 ED x 1.15 FM x (1 + 0,15 DT+AF x 0,5)
If you need to ask what things are ... well
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
synthrocker

Post#39 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Arbich wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:07 pm
Ototo wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:18 pm

mhm... I think you read the tooltip wrong. the tactic focused mending increased all heal on all group members within the aura range (at least it should, unless its broken now). Its an incredible strong tactic. Thats why the change to stay focused aura doesn´t matter. The aura was never really worth it without the tactic.

Thats why I also want to know, for whom runefang is now? In the past it was for 2h kobs that go middle tree for vigilance. The other (imo better) option was right tree with focused mending. I don´t think you have a free tactic spot for both. So 0 reason to spec for runefang?
No he was responding saying that the heal aura gets extra from the tactic, and the chosen one doesn’t have that, which is negligible, as he stated. You use it for real healers.

Also runefang wasn’t just for 2h knights. Used it quite frequently when I solo roamed as SnB it adds of parry and chance to be crit with the buffs.. it was a great tactic.

I don’t mind it being in a tree to spec, but they neutered its stats and it’s not worth it at all anymore, specially with how high you have to spec to it
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter

Detangler

Post#40 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 pm

So, let me get this straight - chosen aura heals for 140ish hp over 3 seconds, knight heals 40ish over 3 seconds un specc'd. is 100 hp on a crap heal over 3 seconds really getting this upset about? Seems some calm proposal or bug tracker report over this is way more effective. I mean, come on - when you have 10k hp, 100 hp over 3 seconds isn't really that much of a deal breaker....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable