Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Queue Tier List (Destro) - Updates in work

Let's talk about... everything else
snackeyboy

Solo Queue Tier List (Destro) - Updates in work

Post#1 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:11 pm

Hello Folks, here is a first attempt to create a tier list for Ranked SOLO!
Please note that this implements ideas/builds that will be more efficient in this mode than other gamemodes.

This topic is still open for discussion, over time i will include different speccs and theyr influence too.
Ranking also includes the influence on your win conditions overall (and yes, there are more ways to win other than just bashing the enemy team at the current state)

This Tier list might change at any point, given changes to solo ranked mechanics or class nerfs/buffs.

Useage: high > low (iE high B- tiers > low B- tiers)

Solo Queue Tier list: (IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING IT)

S Tier: (Viable in any Setting, potential to carry + potential to even out games by your class alone)

(Tank) 2H offensive Blackguard: amazing utility with crit, armor and aoe snare, very good burst potential and assist damage. If built and played to its fullest potential this is an amazing class for soloqueue.
(Tank) Knight of the Blazing Sun: the best tank Order has to offer to carry soloqueue, a true enabler and CC machine. You will make up for the damage by the overall stat boosts and utility you are providing: AP Aura, Crit debuff, Longpunt will be some of your best friends to carry in ranked.
(Heal) Heal Zealot: Zealot together with shield WP/DoK is the healer with the strongest carry potential in solo queue. Talon is an immensly strong m1 to coordinate burst with and the ranged stagger timed right can be a real nightmare. In most cases you want provide Initiative buffs for your party, but in the rare case resistances are missing, you can provide them, so bonus points for that too.
(mdps) DPS DoK: good burst damage once in execute range, strong sustained damage and survivability for both itself and party, strong and almost permanent Heal debuff, aoe damage. Option to off heal party members (note lifetap burst) gives alot of sistain to the party. Incase you cannot kill, you can try to play evenl
(Heal) Shield DoK: Improved Heals since the rework and the option to specc into STR now to deal more heals makes shield doks pretty strong overall. If built and played correctly, this class can provide alot of pressure for its team. Just make sure to not be too squishy, so if focus changes to you youre able to stay alive.
(Heal) Shield WP: Same as shield DoK. Additional pressure on your team's side goes a long way. It is less offensive than a shield DoK, but can provide your team with alot of defensive utility throughout games. Heal debuff is also alot more easy to fit in the build than on shield DoK + its on Demand which is nice if noone else on your team is able to provide it.

A Tier: (Very viable m
any Settings, good carry potential)

(mdps) Marauder: Good single target damage, tanky, heal debuff and a great variety of tools to pick from makes him able to deliver kills easily to his team and fit a variety of niches.(Tank) 2H offensive Blackorc: most damage of all the tanks, and excellent buffs for the party.
(mdps) White Lion:: Excellent tools for single target damage if specced the right way, tanky enaugh to sustain alot of damage and great utility overall. It looses to Slayer in terms of raw damage output, but the additional utility + survivability eaily makes up for it if you play in an environment where you cannot rely on your teammates entirely.
(mdps) Whitch Elf: High Damge, excellent tools to kill things and amazing healdebuff(s). On top of that you are very slippery and can easily weave in and outside from fights. This class is great for killing and killing only, where other classes like mara and WL can provide additional utility for the team.
(Tank) 2H Chosen: Compareable to KotbS, but outclassed by the BG if it comes to pure utility. I placed it above the BO because of the sustain options it provides for the team (Resist aura, Punts, etc). If youre not able to kill, this class will help you immensly to stay alive.
(Tank) 2H SM: I struggled to place the Swordmaster, but i think this is a comfortable pace start with. Whispering Winds is phenomenal to have on a tank and can provide alot! of utility both offensively and defensively for your team, where Ether Dance adds a lot of ST pressure. If you reach actual lategame you can make both fit, and this is where this class actually starts to become insane.
(Heal) Runepriest: Ranged Stagger is still one of the best tools to work with, only placed lower than Zealot for the lack of Talon m1, but same/similar things apply.

B Tier: (viable for many teams)

(rDps) Ranged Squig: Highest ranked range DPS on my list for numerous reasons: Healdebuff, heavy sustained damage + good escape tools and survivability.
(mDPS) Slayer: We all know how insane they can be, but the issue with soloqueue is that they are entirely reliant on the team. Dealing good damage also means that you will be exposing yourself quite a bit, so fast switches with punts can be super deadly if you dont pay attention.
(mdps) Choppa: Youre in the SC to be focused. If left alone this class is purely insane, but you have to learn how to deal with pressure if theres a target switch coming to you. Chop fasta is a very good ability overall, but it feels lackluster to have it on a DPS that is reliant on a team to perform.
(Heal) Heal AM: viable, provides resistance buff if needed and AP drain. Single target healing of this class is off the roof, and its generally hard to catch. That said: playing pure heal is a 50-50 coin toss and you rely on your team to get stuff done
(Heal) Heal Shaman: viable, can provide resistances and an AP drain for their dps. Toughness buffs also helps, but as with other base healers its a 50-50 coin toss.

C Tier: (less viable, exploitable)

(rDPS) Bright Wiz:: put it up so high for the utility it provies in soloqueue. It has less burst than a sorc, but the additional snare, heal debuff and knockdown gives it better utility, and makes it less reliant on the team.
(rdps) DPS Shaman: great burst damage, off heals, healdebuff gives it great utility and it can be quite tough to kill even when focused. Needs a good player to pull it off but played correctly this class is able to deal with alot of threads.
(Heal) book WP: Solid and basic healer to get stuff done, but it lacks real impact in games. You will be entirely reliant on your team to get stuff done, so every game is a 50-50 coin flip. No additional Resistance buff also means you might draw a team where this can be exploited! Ranked above DoK for the re applyable Wounds buff.
(Heal) chalice DoK: Solid healer, but like every other base healer you entirely rely on your team to perform, with very little options to interfere or carry fights. No additional Resistance buff also means you might draw a team where this can be exploited! Essentially a 50-50 cointoss at each game, hence why its not higher up.
(rdps) Magus: Insane burst with stacks which are usually easy to accomplish. however easy to push.
(rdps) Sorc: Good burst with fast rotations. Easy to push.

D Tier: (not recommended)

SnB Tanks: snb tanks are basically unable to deliver any form of noticeable assist damage/utility. In low bracket emies often times gain free immunities so they cannot play on theyr cc either. Basically limited to beeing a guardbot + Punts, with less to little influence on how the game develops. not recommended.

Alright, DISCUSS
Last edited by snackeyboy on Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Ads
snackeyboy

Re: Solo Queue Tier List (Destro)

Post#2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Reserved Space

oaliaen

Post#3 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Dps DOK o gosh ...

MedV

Post#4 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm

I prefer 2H BG over BO in most situations.. While the dmg might be a little bit less, the long distance punt and KD on demand are extremely useful. Also running Crimson death gives every single person (hopefully 4 mdps) hitting a target 10% more crit. While also giving toughness, armor and wounds debuff. Lastly the tactic that lets you never be detaunted is amazing when trying to burst down a healer who has aoe detaunt.

Perfect 6 man is -
2H BG
2H BO
Mara - Guarded by the BG, using WS lins
DPS DOK- Guarded by the BO using Str pots
Zealot with stun
Heal DOK
The King.

snackeyboy

Post#5 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:47 am

MedV wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm I prefer 2H BG over BO in most situations.. While the dmg might be a little bit less, the long distance punt and KD on demand are extremely useful. Also running Crimson death gives every single person (hopefully 4 mdps) hitting a target 10% more crit. While also giving toughness, armor and wounds debuff. Lastly the tactic that lets you never be detaunted is amazing when trying to burst down a healer who has aoe detaunt.

Perfect 6 man is -
2H BG
2H BO
Mara - Guarded by the BG, using WS lins
DPS DOK- Guarded by the BO using Str pots
Zealot with stun
Heal DOK
I am very well aware, and agree, that BG has a lot more utility than a BO in coordinated teamplay.

The reason why i put BO higher in this list is due to the fact that were talking about solo queue here.
You will see people giving away immunities for free, as well as ppl beeing unprepared and squishy.
This makes effecitve tank play with CC useless in some situation, as well as pure guard botting tricky, as you will get matched with DPS that do not realy know how to pull it off properly.

Overall BO is higher in the list for the fact that he is able to be a better carry for solo rankeds because his damage alone.
BG however is overall almost equal viable in 99% of situats and thats why i placed him on the top of A-Tier.

snackeyboy

Post#6 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:57 am

oaliaen wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:18 pm Dps DOK o gosh ...
DPS dok offers a very strong heal debuff and excellent damage overall, as well as burst and some AOE.
Overall realy potent if you can pull it off properly. It needs gear and the right specc however as well as a player that is able to pull it off.

One of the reasons why i placed him top Tier is also due to the fact that he is able to efficiently work as an off-healer for the team, which lets you basically have you 2,5 healers in your party (rend sould is awesome for burst heals on your teammates if needed).
This is also the reason why he is very well able to sustain himself in SCs if his guard is punted, out of guard range, or no heals available for a short duration (maybe zealot staggered or KD)

His overall package is very good, and a skilled player can very well carry games due to the broad variety of utility available.
Only downside would be the lack of mobility, thats why i placed him a bit lower than the marauder... overall its VERY potent however if you can pull it off and got the rr for it.

Sofong

Post#7 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 am

slayer wl are god mode in this sc, chopper witch squig and dok are also much better than mara

snackeyboy

Post#8 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:05 am

I would disagree as i think a well built and specced mara is propable the best option to carry games from a dps pov.

Strong Debuffs, insane utility to setup kills (pull, kd) as well as the ability to potentially solo kill targets is insane. Add the Survivability he has to offer (maras are super tanky) and you get the class that has the best tools to pick from to carry your team.

I also factured in the fact that the Mara is a GOD after you actually managed to kill somebody (pull one healer, after kill, gg) so its realy easy to break enemy teams.
Its also easy to push / zone enemies out of the fight, while team is able to get the cap on the flagg (winning condition)

All these reasons made me place mara as #1 dps, again, this rating includes multiple facts and more or less your ability to win games with every means neccessary.

I would agree that DPS DoK is a god too, however i placed him slightly lower because he is more static and has less tools to setup kills.

WE and (melee)squig are both AWESOME DPS classes, thats why theyre placed A-tier, but both are getting outclassed by mara and dps dok in terms of utility overall. Choppa is in a good place, however, the reason why i did not place him A-Tier is because i think a melee squig is similar to a choppa, but more potent

Ads
Bozzax

Post#9 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:23 am

BO has no super punt
CD inc was moved out of spec reach
AOE snare gimped
Clunky KD

(CD dec is ok-ish but really not enough)

Was valid back in the days THC snb, aoe snare and morale pump

2h BG is a superior option
Last edited by Bozzax on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Kellanved

Post#10 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 am

I dont agree with this tier list. BO is not top because lack of punt. 2h BG is top tier. Also mSH is not good tier. Aoe pressure is useless if enemy have competent WP. Choppa in most cases dies 1st and give free immunities.
AM / WH / BW / KOTBS / WL
MARA / ZEALOT / BO / MAGUS / WE
And also: Nastymidget - EG / Nastygobbo - SH