Recent Topics

Ads

2h axes for IB

Let's talk about... everything else
kmark101

2h axes for IB

Post#1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Can we have the option to use more endgame 2h axes as Ironbreakers?
Currently the coolest 2h axes are slayers_only as IB's only get 2h hammer skins... would be awesome to have the Subjugator/SC lvl 61/, etc.. 2h weapons as axes for IB as well.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: 2h axes for IB

Post#2 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm

Better yet, just let hammers and axes have interchangeable appearances as they are already only aesthetic anyways so we don’t need to play this game.
If that’s possible from a technical standpoint
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Popcornus

Post#3 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm

Bloodlord/Lair, various low level items, epic quest rewards/city dungeon influence, a variety of PvE drops (all rarities)...

There are plenty of skins, you should try hunting for them.

Iirc, xskins and the ability to altapp between weapon types has been removed ages ago.
The classes are meant to adhere to lore and their distinctive appearance, so as to give visual cues.
Tho, back then it wasn't as easy - if at possible - to modify these kind of things without causing major headaches and spaghetti code.
Then again, I might be wrong entirely, and there never was an actual technical aspect to it.
Regardless, I think (and hope) that it'll possible to limit the various weapon types to their respective classes without barring altapp entirely, as is the case at the moment.

kmark101

Post#4 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Popcornus wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:10 pm Bloodlord/Lair, various low level items, epic quest rewards/city dungeon influence, a variety of PvE drops (all rarities)...

There are plenty of skins, you should try hunting for them.
Did you register just to tell me that? :)

The issue is that top level weapons (besides the pve ones) are all 2h hammers for IB. For pvp players, there is no option to use 2h axes for end game, except for the random purple drops (again, pve) which are lower levels in power. 2h hammers are boring, I don't like them how they look. I'd prefer axes and would love to use them, that's all. This would have zero effect on balance and all 2h axe skins are already in the game as well for slayers, so I think this could be an easy implementation to please some fashionhammer addicts like me.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker