Recent Topics

Ads

Does Squig Get Lock Pick?

Let's talk about... everything else
Ototo

Re: Does Squig Get Lock Pick?

Post#21 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:13 pm

thefryinallofus wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:09 pm One idea could be to give Squig and assault SW bypass defences at the top of their melee mastery tree.
Why not? Let's buff more these abominations of mastery trees instead of giving them a decent ranged fix...
Spoiler:

Ads
Sarnai

Post#22 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:52 pm

The meatball madness yesterday at Karak Dammaz was mayhem in motion and wildly entertaining to watch, but as for balance/mechanics the mSH's crazy tankiness (for a dps) and the AOE punt puts it on a whole other level above any Order classes that can gain wall access (unless there are order mdps who CAN perform/spec to that and it just never happens, in which case....Order, what are you doing??)

And on the 'if you position yourself poorly you deserve to be punished' angle, while solo defending Dammaz once I watched a Mara bypass the postern, kite a few of the guards to the edge of the wall for his SH buddy to target and make the leap. A very, very clever move that still treads that fine line between fair play and exploiting the environment.

Ultimately, kudos for the players having the creativity to figure these things out but if good arguments can't be made to defend its fairness/balance, don't be mad if changes happen.
WH looking for gunbad left

Onemantankwall

Post#23 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:06 pm Well, the lovely guy that was pouncing in stonetroll yesterday (LOOK, no name-shame!! It's possible, so you can do it too, Onetank!) was doing it to avoid any defenders choice to setup oil by CCing the person in oil without taking any risk, like mDPSs have to face for entering the postern and moving all around NPC defenders that can detect it. I wonder if I remember of which guild was the exploiter... a guild that claimed Mandred...

I also find amusing that you act like if it's completely normal to clearly bend the rules, and if Natherul was acting weird for saying you that rules must not be bent. He is doing his part to the community as lead dev, while you are failing your duty as fair and square players, and even guild leaders. What do you think is the precedent you set if you display constantly a blatant disregard for edging the rules? If you continue to surf the borderline, expect to accidentally cross it and get banned. Instead of crying later, act accordingly to web-etiquette now.
Lol is any of your posts not a whiney hoot? People play the game as it's meant to be played if devs come up and say "hey it's not suppose to do this" then you take the initiative to help fix the issue such as i am by reporting every spot i can think of for fix Naths problem. One spot is simply from outer wall to the back of inner wall because mythic made the keeps too damn small/walls too close. If you think thats bannable just because you run around screaming "FK destro nerf destro i hate destro players!" Youre funny af.

As Nath has asked I'll be adding every spot i can find to the tracker for some kind of fixing. For him to fix be aware itll also nerf wl/mara/engie/magus pulls because they share the same axis requirements and needed spots to work.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

bctakhy

Post#24 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:53 pm

All that years of SMs jumping to walls and AE punt all ppl or the combo WL/SM jump with guard to delete oils and any destro around where fine and balanced... but look now the drama queens... even with 3 class vs 1 now who can do it...

I dont see any problem in have some keeps able to jump inside as mSH, mSW, WL or SM. It give game more options to keep siege, same as every fortess is diferent. Play a mSH is soo bored in that keep sieges where u cant jump in. Basic nothing to do for u away camp way or back doors. Other melee DPS can go die inside atleast. Same as DPS DoK. All u can do is stay away the eng army in walls/top floor till doors down.
Is like praag keeps where the eng arny sit on wall and delete ppl inside keep with no chance hit back. Once u learn that in some keeps u cant stay in some places, the problem is fixed

Is this what DEVs want for siege? AFK ppl w8ing the 4 guys in ram take door down with few healers healing?

havartii

Post#25 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm

I probably would not have made the post if it wasn't used in the way you did. 400 aao and your team deliberately hit the door (with no ram) to bait people to play your game of Squig in the keep. Punting people off the walls being guarded and healed. Was a bit too much in your face exploiting of the rules. It was not an actual keep take or defense, just a display of look what I can do. If the Dev's said it was fine I would let it go and accept that's part of the game. I'm glad it's not. Thanks for helping to fix it.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Alfa1986

Post#26 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:23 pm

I know only two Keeps where this action is possible, in two specific places on the wall (in Praag and in KV). at the same time, several conditions must be met: you (msh) should be in definitely place, the Keep (where this action is possible) should be at the disposal of the enemy, and the enemy player (either your accomplice, or some slumber, or just a randomly running order player on the wall in a specific place).
In my opinion, the combination of all these factors is very rare at the same time, and you should not pay particular attention to this situation.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Onemantankwall

Post#27 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:34 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:23 pm I know only two Keeps where this action is possible, in two specific places on the wall (in Praag and in KV). at the same time, several conditions must be met: you (msh) should be in definitely place, the Keep (where this action is possible) should be at the disposal of the enemy, and the enemy player (either your accomplice, or some slumber, or just a randomly running order player on the wall in a specific place).
In my opinion, the combination of all these factors is very rare at the same time, and you should not pay particular attention to this situation.
From live to now I can tell you theres over 6 keeps u can do it at somes gonna require some S E R I O U S code to fix like the hill behind Mandreds Hold and the too close keep walls from outer to inner in KV. I also plan to add to tracker spots 100 ft pounce sms can reach (they have alot more pounce spots than other classes) as i go on a keep tour around the world.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

thefryinallofus

Post#28 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm I probably would not have made the post if it wasn't used in the way you did. 400 aao and your team deliberately hit the door (with no ram) to bait people to play your game of Squig in the keep. Punting people off the walls being guarded and healed. Was a bit too much in your face exploiting of the rules. It was not an actual keep take or defense, just a display of look what I can do. If the Dev's said it was fine I would let it go and accept that's part of the game. I'm glad it's not. Thanks for helping to fix it.

Hahahaha, hitting the door with cannon to bait order is hilarious. Isn't it. :D
Last edited by thefryinallofus on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodroote (78 DOK) | Blackroot (81 BG) | Shadowroot (73 SORC)

Ads
bctakhy

Post#29 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:41 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:12 pm I probably would not have made the post if it wasn't used in the way you did. 400 aao and your team deliberately hit the door (with no ram) to bait people to play your game of Squig in the keep. Punting people off the walls being guarded and healed. Was a bit too much in your face exploiting of the rules. It was not an actual keep take or defense, just a display of look what I can do. If the Dev's said it was fine I would let it go and accept that's part of the game. I'm glad it's not. Thanks for helping to fix it.

If u in wall u out of guard range.
U get heals same as any other MDPS that gets in.
U dont need be inside keep to punt ppl from wall, there is multiple class in both sides that can do it, ST and AE

havartii

Post#30 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:20 pm

thefryinallofus wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Hahahaha, hitting the door with cannon to bait order is hilarious. Isn't it. :D
getting pepe slapped by devs is even more hilarious in my books.. 0 skill only aao. Well Done
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change