Recent Topics

Ads

Restricted to order 90m

Let's talk about... everything else
Deathbroker

Re: Restricted to order 90m

Post#11 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm

I disagree. I think the lock out timer should be longer, basically keeping you to one faction per day.

Ads
OperSandwich

Post#12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Drys wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm But you could also log in to destro, check SOR and see order is winning, then swap sides w/o doing any other action. I think it's fine as-is.

I am locked out of destro right now b/c I was messing with addons. It's a good excuse to spend some time here on the forums.
Probably, it's still the same thing, someone will probably (or they already do) make 2 accounts for each realm to ignore this issue, but someone honest like me will hit this timer and get annoyed as hell.
90 minutes is simply unreasonable to have by any means. 30 minutes max what would make any sense. Remember, not all people have 5 hours of game time and those 1.5 hours of you been locked out is pretty much all some players got for a session.

Vayra

Post#13 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:01 pm
Drys wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:30 pm But you could also log in to destro, check SOR and see order is winning, then swap sides w/o doing any other action. I think it's fine as-is.

I am locked out of destro right now b/c I was messing with addons. It's a good excuse to spend some time here on the forums.
I dont disagree, the time is just excessive imo. I'm more likely to stop playing for most of my day than to find something to do then return after an 1.5h, feel like 45m-1h would prove to be just as useful imo
It's not excessive, it should be 24 hours.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

OperSandwich

Post#14 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:22 pm

Deathbroker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:59 pm I disagree. I think the lock out timer should be longer, basically keeping you to one faction per day.
Why stop there? Week, month, year! Surely people won't just make another account and be done with this nonsense.

Omegus

Post#15 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

You can also do this by asking in discord the status of the campaign :).

I'd be happy if they made it so that if you log into the city and remain in the city (not dungeons, just city) then it wouldn't trigger the lockout. The moment you leave the city for whatever reason then the lockout timer gets applied. Allows you to do some basic maintenance on one side before switching and playing on the other properly.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ninjagon

Post#16 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:50 pm

What about realm pride?
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Lithenir

Post#17 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

I'd be happy if they made it so that if you log into the city and remain in the city (not dungeons, just city) then it wouldn't trigger the lockout. The moment you leave the city for whatever reason then the lockout timer gets applied. Allows you to do some basic maintenance on one side before switching and playing on the other properly.
Why don't you just log on to the side you want to play and after your playtime you do the "basic maintenance"?
Heard all these excuses many times. The timer is fine I think you all just want to find out which side is the winning side and when you accidently logged into losing side you get mad.
You can check discord to see on which side your friends are playing, using twitch streamers to check the campaign.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#18 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:38 pm

the fun thing though is if you already know what sides your friends are playing on and you log in on the wrong side on accident and are now effectively locked out of playing with your mates even though you were just logged in for 5 seconds. get off your imaginary high moral ground mate.

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:51 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:30 pm
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Why don't you just log on to the side you want to play and after your playtime you do the "basic maintenance"?
Heard all these excuses many times. The timer is fine I think you all just want to find out which side is the winning side and when you accidently logged into losing side you get mad.
You can check discord to see on which side your friends are playing, using twitch streamers to check the campaign.
I have one order character that is rank 5 and camping a name. Please don't assume what people are *really* asking for.

If it's already possible to determine the state of the campaign via out of game means then most of the replies about "wanting to pick the best side after you've logged in" are moot? And if someone does accidently log in on the wrong character for whatever reason why punish them? They've had zero impact on the game. I've been in WBs that have lost key people who were logging in because they clicked too quickly and were now shut out of what they wanted to do for 90 minutes even though they had yet to contribute anything to the realm they accidentally logged in as.

It's not always as black and white as it looks, and not every tiny mistake needs to have a big punishment behind it.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Grock

Post#20 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:32 pm

I can't believe we are still discussing this in 2020 after 5 years of of absolutely no proof that the lockout was needed in the first place.

Ironically enough the current implementation doesn't stop you from switching switching to "winning side", it just prevents you from coming back to the side you left.

Xrealming doesn't exist when your rewards are tied how much you did, because the more people there are the harder it is to get to the top, especially if you come in late.

Meanwhile the lockout prevents people from AAO-hunting and improving faction balance by switching to AAO side. Which leads to stronger zerging and less fighting.

Solution to Xrealming is contribution-based rewards, AAO bonuses and call-to-arms features that incentivize people to switch to *underdog* side

Vayra wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:21 pm It's not excessive, it should be 24 hours.
I'm just curious - whats your plan for situations when faction balance gets horribly lopsided and one faction is zerging while other sits with 200%+ AAO?
Being locked to zerg faction means you getting no kills, no kill rewards, no interesting fights.
All you can do is follow the zerg, sit at flags and carry boxes - do you think thats what majority of people want? Delivery boy simulator instead of actually fighting in the fighting game?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)