Recent Topics

Ads

Senarios Have un even players

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Senarios Have un even players

Post#1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:28 am

This seems to be an on going problem. Is it really that hard to limit the amount of players per side so it is equal? Match after match uneven number of players per side.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Detangler

Re: Senarios Have un even players

Post#2 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Cant control whether or not players hit "join" or not. Sometimes you get 7 that hit it, sometimes you only get 3. If you have a solution to this problem I'm sure devs would be all ears....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ototo

Post#3 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:06 pm Cant control whether or not players hit "join" or not. Sometimes you get 7 that hit it, sometimes you only get 3. If you have a solution to this problem I'm sure devs would be all ears....
In fact I always thought that 10 mins quitter debuff is kind of short. If the punishment was to be between 15 and 30, people will identify them with an scale in hour instead of an scale in minutes and most likely jump always. Notice that 15 minutes, being just 5 more, looks like a lot more, and as said is cause your brain doesn't read it as 15 minutes as it does with 10 minutes; it instead reads it as quarter of an hour, jumping to the next time scale.
Spoiler:

havartii

Post#4 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:22 pm

I would not start scenario until both sides were equal. Especially in prime times, they pop fast enough. Longer penalty for quitter and shorter time to accept. If your really not paying attention and are doing laundry, making some thing to eat ect. you should not be in que.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:14 pm

havartii wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:22 pm I would not start scenario until both sides were equal. Especially in prime times, they pop fast enough. Longer penalty for quitter and shorter time to accept. If your really not paying attention and are doing laundry, making some thing to eat ect. you should not be in que.
You are clearly not understanding how this works. Queues already don't start until they are filled. People make the choice to drop a queue. The Scen does not start unless teams are even, which is the best we can do short of FORCING people into the scenario on a pop, which wouldn't solve the problem of players being afk. In that case you would have all 6 people loaded into the scen, but one of them would sit at spawn and you would very likely end up losing the match because of it, which is a far worse scenario that simply being put back in the front of the queue and going through another loading screen.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog