Recent Topics

Ads

DPS DOK is too overpowered when compared with WP.

Let's talk about... everything else
Kyouaku

Re: DPS DOK is too overpowered when compared with WP.

Post#31 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:59 pm

WPs have a 2 hander and better covenants so their melee heals are stronger, if both DoK and WP had that aweful sheild spec removed and had that wasted gear for it re-tuned to something that supports OG melee healing, then that would be more evident on RoR as it was on live.

Please save us Devs from the wasted gear sets, having another melee set that is viable and not glass cannon would be nice LOL. Mixing sets for just some wounds and init is weak

Ads
penagos22

Post#32 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:09 pm

when you ask on forum about the wp dps people is gonna say "yea wp dps is fine, buff??? LMAO" but when you try to play them in the game no one wants you on wb or pve groups or guilds, tanks refuses to guard you, we cant do rvr because conqueror or invader is usefull to us. adn we have a god racial that we cant use because we need to build as glass cannons to deal a lame dmg.

TreefAM

Post#33 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Play healer until you get bloodlord :D
Stop trying to dps with anhi

BeautfulToad

Post#34 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:25 pm

I love WP. Grace WP is my favourite class and an absolute beast in pve. WP need to have better looking shields, and order players should stfu about shields and books.

Tanky salvation WP with shield is perfectly viable. Sacrifice is amazing. You think WP is not tanky because order players tell you to play WP like a RP. I don't listen to them. If I go Salv, I will chad it in the frontlines or go home.

No self respecting WP - including the real girly looking ones - walk into battle with a prayer book, squeezing a few extra points of hp to stand in the backline. But at what cost? Their dignity.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uanaka

Post#35 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:57 am
kam19080 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:36 am

Not every sc right? dps is not the hightest, but how about the kills? a guarded DPS DOK can slay what he wants.
It's not, as it always depends on who you are fighting. High scoreboards numbers are aoe dmg for the most part. You can't compete with true melee dd in damage albeit their damage is very solid.

Concerning melee heal wp and dok. This is about shield spec, where the shield wp has the edge, especially because of their 20% heal boost tactic on avoidance. You are not only using lifeleech heals.
Just to comment here - Exalted Defenses does not apply to lifetap heals. And as a shield WP you really shouldnt be using Salvation heals in the first place, especially since Divine Fury is nerfing you by 20%, and if you use Fanaticism, another 20%

BeautfulToad

Post#36 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 pm

uanaka wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:39 pm
And as a shield WP you really shouldnt be using Salvation heals in the first place, especially since Divine Fury is nerfing you by 20%, and if you use Fanaticism, another 20%
Those are just tactics you use for grace + wrath builds.

Shield has nothing to do with that. You can use shield and still be Salv, all you lose is righteous fury from a book. When I play my WP, I make it as tanky as possible at the expense of a little healing. Once I get willpower to at least 700-800, I boost my def abilities. If i want to stand in backline there are two other healers that can do that job I can pick.

Order players need to understand WP, they can be made pretty tanky.

uanaka

Post#37 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 pm
And as a shield WP you really shouldnt be using Salvation heals in the first place, especially since Divine Fury is nerfing you by 20%, and if you use Fanaticism, another 20%

Shield has nothing to do with that. You can use shield and still be Salv, all you lose is righteous fury from a book. When I play my WP, I think you make it as tanky as possible st the expense of a little healing. Once I get willpower to at least 700-800, I boost my def abilities. If i want to stand in backline there are two other healers that can do that job I can pick.

Yes, and conventional shield build is Grace/Wrath. So I was replying back to Sulorie about the use of Exalted Defenses on a conventional shield spec. Grace/Wrath Shield WP is already rare as it is, Grace/Salv Shield WP
is like a unicorn.

BeautfulToad

Post#38 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm

uanaka wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm
Yes, and conventional shield build is Grace/Wrath. So I was replying back to Sulorie about the use of Exalted Defenses on a conventional shield spec. Grace/Wrath Shield WP is already rare as it is, Grace/Salv Shield WP
is like a unicorn.
You dont understand my point. Using a shield has nothing to do with your style.

Salv WP using a shield with no grace or wrath abilities is pretty much identical to a Salv WP with a book. The difference is using a shield grants you sone extra abilities. Using a book allows you to regenerate some extra fury per second.

The main problem about WP is all these guys telling you how you should be playing. That is the main reason I dont play it.

Ads
uanaka

Post#39 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:03 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:56 pm
uanaka wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:52 pm
is like a unicorn.
You dont understand my point. Using a shield has nothing to do with your style.

Salv WP using a shield with no grace or wrath abilities is pretty much identical to a Salv WP with a book. The difference is using a shield grants you sone extra abilities. Using a book allows you to regenerate some extra fury per second.

The main problem about WP is all these guys telling you how you should be playing. That is the main reason I dont play it.
I don't even understand why you are going on this tangent from my point - I don't care what your playstyle is, but you wouldn't be using Salvation heals if you have tactics like Divine Fury or Fanaticism slotted and Exalted Defenses does not apply to lifetap healing. I was making the assumption that if you are going Shield WP, you would most likely be using a combination of Grace/Wrath. Period.

Xergon

Post#40 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:09 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:49 pm

Shield has nothing to do with that. You can use shield and still be Salv, all you lose is righteous fury from a book. When I play my WP, I make it as tanky as possible at the expense of a little healing. Once I get willpower to at least 700-800, I boost my def abilities. If i want to stand in backline there are two other healers that can do that job I can pick.

If there are 2 other healers in your group then who are you? U neither DPS neither Healer neither Tank...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube