Re: Which side needs more players NA?

Post#21 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:26 pm

ORDER

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#22 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Having mained a healing AM for a while, you do have your shining moments. Channel Essence is the best ‘oh sh!t’ spell in the game, and your occasional pew pew laser beam is fun visually (makes people scurry in panic while you do literally no discernible dam). Problem is you stand out in a crowd visually and frequently die 1v1 before you get a chance to react. And the balance mechanic rarely comes into play.

If I could go back in time, I’d play an RP (or IB) instead. Only reason I didn’t at the time was the ridiculously stupid heli-backpack mounts.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Starx

Post#23 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 pm Having mained a healing AM for a while, you do have your shining moments. Channel Essence is the best ‘oh sh!t’ spell in the game, and your occasional pew pew laser beam is fun visually (makes people scurry in panic while you do literally no discernible dam). Problem is you stand out in a crowd visually and frequently die 1v1 before you get a chance to react. And the balance mechanic rarely comes into play.

If I could go back in time, I’d play an RP (or IB) instead. Only reason I didn’t at the time was the ridiculously stupid heli-backpack mounts.
Ya I figured I would have to go heal for anything we joined outside our group like a waband or 6 man, however how is AM healing? I know WP+RP is the standard but just how worse is AM+RP combo? Im guessing you absolutely cannot afford to drop a RP from a group so i don't mention WP+AM combo. AM doesn't really seem to bring anything to the table besides puddle and AP drain, all the buffs and debuffs it has is covered by knight auras looks like.

I also wanted to ask about 2 tactics "Dispel Magic" and "Arcing Power", the tooltip stats on any damaging ability, although it could be the case it doesn't include dots... which if it is the case kinda takes what seems like would've been a usable tactic into something unusable.

Ototo

Post#24 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:47 pm

Starx wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:39 pm
Kwatchi wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 pm Having mained a healing AM for a while, you do have your shining moments. Channel Essence is the best ‘oh sh!t’ spell in the game, and your occasional pew pew laser beam is fun visually (makes people scurry in panic while you do literally no discernible dam). Problem is you stand out in a crowd visually and frequently die 1v1 before you get a chance to react. And the balance mechanic rarely comes into play.

Ya I figured I would have to go heal for anything we joined outside our group like a waband or 6 man, however how is AM healing? I know WP+RP is the standard but just how worse is AM+RP combo? Im guessing you absolutely cannot afford to drop a RP from a group so i don't mention WP+AM combo. AM doesn't really seem to bring anything to the table besides puddle and AP drain, all the buffs and debuffs it has is covered by knight auras looks like.

I also wanted to ask about 2 tactics "Dispel Magic" and "Arcing Power", the tooltip stats on any damaging ability, although it could be the case it doesn't include dots... which if it is the case kinda takes what seems like would've been a usable tactic into something unusable.
Not worse, just a lot harder cause of the long casting times. This is what I'm using at 40/50, which is virtually the same build that you have at 40/30, only changing at 40/60 when you can pick Funnel Essence safely. You may pick the 10 points mastery of the mid tree for heal debuff if you prefer, but I prefer the 10 points silence in the right tree cause it makes your lifetap more powerful, even when you barely ever use it, it may be of use here and there. What AM does very good, due to lack of alternatives, is morale pumping in order.

For the other question you gonna need a DPS AM, and I'm pretty bad at it.
Spoiler:

ashton007

Post#25 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:34 pm

I would say mara>msquig. You're going to confirm more kills with a healdebuff and the pull. And chosen is one of the best tanks in the game, the ap regen and resist auras are damn near mandatory. Mara has good armor debuff and toughness debuff as well. The damage mara does isn't as great as msquig imo but the squig needs more support.

Nosun

Post#26 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:07 pm

You should play order destro doesnt need more epcially during NA time.