Recent Topics

Ads

Throwing Forts

Let's talk about... everything else
Ototo

Re: Throwing Forts

Post#11 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm it was to be expected. it’s logical that people choose to throw the fort in order to get the best set in the game, especially since it seems to be much easier to get it (someone wrote that they already have 4 pieces, and this is a week after the patch).
There have been 5 sieges. Two gold bags are in each stage. Each gold bag has 6 possible items in it, you randomly receive one.

Winning a gold bag is 2 out of 24, getting 4 matching non repeating pieces is pretty unlikely odds. 1 in 6 four times in a row. Someone can do the math and I'm pretty sure you're going to be in single digits percentages if not lower. Not impossible, but definitely not what you should expect as a normal thing.
This comment is so logical and makes so much sense that it's only going to be ignored by the crowd, or yelled at.
Spoiler:

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#12 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:44 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:27 pm it was to be expected. it’s logical that people choose to throw the fort in order to get the best set in the game, especially since it seems to be much easier to get it (someone wrote that they already have 4 pieces, and this is a week after the patch).
There have been 5 sieges. Two gold bags are in each stage. Each gold bag has 6 possible items in it, you randomly receive one.

Winning a gold bag is 2 out of 24, getting 4 matching non repeating pieces is pretty unlikely odds. 1 in 6 four times in a row. Someone can do the math and I'm pretty sure you're going to be in single digits percentages if not lower. Not impossible, but definitely not what you should expect as a normal thing.

I got my first piece of the invader after 7-10 participations in the forts and 3 months after the forts were introduced, I think that even one piece in one week is too quickly)). but in my opinion the problem is not that, but that people do not have equal access to content. the firstwho receive these awards are not those who play better or kill more, but those who have the opportunity to be at the computer 24/24 and loading in the game when either a fort or a siege happens.that is, those people appear who either very quickly earn the best equipment, and those who never earn it, this leads to an even greater imbalance.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

flintboth

Post#13 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Why Order lose the RvR campaign and win 10 Aldorf instance and Destro only 6 ?
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

adapter
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm Is it really that terrible? The optics of it arent great, but is really harmful? City sieges are the most fun part of the game right now why wouldnt people want to do them more? If you are on the defending side and you need invader gear it kind of sucks I guess. Or if you are really into the role playing aspect of the game you probably dont like it.

It's not like it's free gear for the side that threw the fort, just make sure you make them lose their instance. You cant stop them from getting 3 royal Crest and crests from bags and make sure that's all they get.

And currently it's not really 1 out of 24 to get a gold bag. The way contribution works the same people are getting most of the gold bags, but that has already been acknowledged and should be addressed so it doesnt seem like a huge issue.
City Sieges are not that fun. I've played 2 so far and it's so dissapointed and boring. Since Order loves to form bomb warband you get to play against a Bright Wizzard warband..which let me tell you it's a farm fest. Since AoE Cap favours BWs it's just sad....

Only fun i got is when i won a Gold Bag with 5 Royal Crest in it, i say fun because im possible winning something good and guess what! boom 5 crests hahahaha anyways im slowly farmin.

Having to stay in 1 hour scenario against a Bomb Warband is the WORST gameplay i've ever experienced in any MMO. You are forced to be stuck in there just dying over and over again to AoE Spammers haha so much FUN!!!

I will not queue anymore as a Warband to avoid Bomb "organized" warbands. Will try next time join as a 6premade or Solo.

And yes, Order are throwing away zones just to play City.

oRvR is broken!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 pm

adapter wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm oRvR is broken!
You have no idea how i agree with you. In first place and before considering anything else, losers should lose, but you know...

adapter
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:42 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:41 pm
adapter wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm oRvR is broken!
You have no idea how i agree with you. In first place and before considering anything else, losers should lose, but you know...
I'm glad you realize oRvR is broken. I hope the Devs in charge could realize too and search for a way of fixing this issue.

Yeah, losers should lose, what happens when losers enjoy loosing?
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#17 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:02 pm

Point is, we can't "punish" losers, cause (just quoting some feedbacks i had in the past):

1-They will move to the winning faction, because it is all about "being paid" for the time wasted. IMO i'm not sure having a single faction vs no one in the end would be a better design.

2-They stop playing if they have the feeling they will waste their time for 'nothing'.

The hardcore gamer i am would like to see winners rewarded with the blood of losers (good's loser properties), insrtead of "magic" stuff falling from the sky, but i fear, no one would like to experience something who would have some sense and would solve lot of "bad design".

This said, I'm all for testing a month without any roll or reward for losing side in ORVR/Fort/SC and cities. Are players ready for this?

adamthelc

Post#18 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:05 pm

flintboth wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm Why Order lose the RvR campaign and win 10 Aldorf instance and Destro only 6 ?
Because they are instanced so having a larger zerg doesnt matter? I have no doubt the outnumbered side could make better stands and limit the amount of cities by holding more forts if they wanted to, but who would benefit from that?

The game has always suffered from a flaw in the design. On live there were servers dominated by one side and those servers always had players who were much further in terms of progression than player on a server where the factions were relatively balanced.

The game doesnt reward competition, balance or good fights. It rewards grinding the competition into the ground.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#19 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:11 pm

adapter wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:12 pm
adamthelc wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 pm Is it really that terrible? The optics of it arent great, but is really harmful? City sieges are the most fun part of the game right now why wouldnt people want to do them more? If you are on the defending side and you need invader gear it kind of sucks I guess. Or if you are really into the role playing aspect of the game you probably dont like it.

It's not like it's free gear for the side that threw the fort, just make sure you make them lose their instance. You cant stop them from getting 3 royal Crest and crests from bags and make sure that's all they get.

And currently it's not really 1 out of 24 to get a gold bag. The way contribution works the same people are getting most of the gold bags, but that has already been acknowledged and should be addressed so it doesnt seem like a huge issue.
City Sieges are not that fun. I've played 2 so far and it's so dissapointed and boring. Since Order loves to form bomb warband you get to play against a Bright Wizzard warband..which let me tell you it's a farm fest. Since AoE Cap favours BWs it's just sad....

Only fun i got is when i won a Gold Bag with 5 Royal Crest in it, i say fun because im possible winning something good and guess what! boom 5 crests hahahaha anyways im slowly farmin.

Having to stay in 1 hour scenario against a Bomb Warband is the WORST gameplay i've ever experienced in any MMO. You are forced to be stuck in there just dying over and over again to AoE Spammers haha so much FUN!!!

I will not queue anymore as a Warband to avoid Bomb "organized" warbands. Will try next time join as a 6premade or Solo.

And yes, Order are throwing away zones just to play City.

oRvR is broken!
It's all about perspective I guess. I think a warband sized instance is pretty cool. If you are a person or a group that relies on outnumbering the other side to win, I could understand why you dont like it.

heybaws

Post#20 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 pm

Wipe renown to ~45 (conq set), make badges drop as personal loot tied to players renown: the more RR you got the better medals will drop for you (including invader on rr 60-70 and sovereign on rr 70-80). Ofcourse renown rank gain should be tuned down, or amounts of renown for each RR should be raised to slow progression a bit. No need to throw zones, you get gear by playing any time you want. Is that possible? What devs think about it?