Choppa pull

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Choppa pull

Post#61 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:52 am

I must admit, that GTDC pulling thru bariers, textures,objects is anoying bug(the same for engi, magus, pull).

That is not fault of the skill its self, but the game design.

People are angry because GTDC pull ppl from city siege barriers. You can fix it by removing GTDC or modify the skill or is it better solution to modify the bariers to stop it happening?

It seems that many whiners forgot, how easilly is GTDC counterable ( I do it everytime with my SM). GTDC is channeled ability and simple taunt, punt, knockdown, stagger, disarm, interrupt stop it.

Why is Rampage+ID better than GTDC? It goes thru all defensives, its fire and forget skill(no need to channel anything), it can tick on several target and it works as a ST and AOE pulse dot.

Is GTDC anoying? Defnitely! It is counterable? Easilly! In SCS by single target abbilities(listed above) in RvR by mass stagger(engi mine, kotbs Heavens fury, SM AOE knockback,etc.)

As a Slayer I would never trade rampage+ID over GTDC.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Deadpoet

Post#62 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:41 am

Whatever you do, don't nerf rampage. Poor Barracudax couldn't upload new videos of his entertaining and thrilling adventures, that we all look forward to so eagerly?

oaliaen

Post#63 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Pls trade gtdc to rampage .. just for 1 week

Now seriusly, why noone play slayers? Cause its a damm ugly race..

necrophagos

Post#64 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:14 pm

This was never fixed. Even in live warhammer, choppas could pull through barriers in cities. I remember doing the same to all cities,and ppl from the other side was avoiding going close to barriers,because they knew.

Dackle

Post#65 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:36 pm

When I read these posts and I am constantly reminded that the care-takers of this game build everything around large scale oRVR combat, such as, 3-4+ warbands and speak of, and tune, abilities in that context. Once they are not useful for the super large scale they become useless. Now that the cities are down to 24 v 24. The large warband spec does not work as well in the city, as city warbands have quickly found out they need melee elements in order to win. 7-8 BW's does not work like it does in the lake or the fort where you have 100's of enemies. The city is a 24 v 24 SC and you can't just farm one choke point with AOE which renders "THE WARBAND" spec'd classes "useless"

I know its a hard task to juggle the need of a zerg to get to the city, then scale it down to 1 SC at a time.

PS - Have you seen the super groups fail in the city, because the are too big for their britches? Yes. I have too. Just watch the streams.

WAAAGH!

Ghostwalker

Post#66 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:51 pm

So the devs are finding it difficult adding Line of Sight checks into abilities, this happens with so many other classes too and this is not limited to the PULL abilities.

Gates of Ekrund is the best testing ground, go and check out all the places that can be exploited there where you get nuked through walls by sorcs and magus pulled through the floor by mara and choppa you get arrows in the knee from squigherders that are on other side of the entire gate, I have been melee'd through the ramp up to the first floor before... the enemy was below the ramp..

I don't even like coming on the forums cause I have so many issues in the game but I don't simply because of the toxic nature of this servers community just read half the forums and you'll know what I mean and if you don't you're part of that problem.

Nothing is going to change while the same people lead the project and the same toxic community members are allowed to thrive here, new leaders and new minds are needed, I don't think they recruit, they probably should.

larson75

Post#67 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm

The 3rd time pulled through the ceiling and walls today. Shoppas don't need a clear view, do they? It's getting annoying. AOE floor skills difficult to place in the last few days. Sorry for my english.

Wdova

Post#68 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 am

larson75 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm The 3rd time pulled through the ceiling and walls today. Shoppas don't need a clear view, do they? It's getting annoying. AOE floor skills difficult to place in the last few days. Sorry for my english.
This does not happend with engineer/magus pulls? From what I saw theyr puls seems undefendable too and also goes thru textures, objects, etc.

The imbalace is and will be always here since same archetypes has different abbilities.
Destro has magus and choppa pull ad 0 ranged KDs, order has 2 ranged KDs and engi pull. Until melee SH get reworked destro had 0 pounces. When You play on both sides, you face of difference threads and all are verry anoying :-)
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Ads
Ototo

Post#69 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 am
larson75 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:20 pm The 3rd time pulled through the ceiling and walls today. Shoppas don't need a clear view, do they? It's getting annoying. AOE floor skills difficult to place in the last few days. Sorry for my english.
This does not happend with engineer/magus pulls? From what I saw theyr puls seems undefendable too and also goes thru textures, objects, etc.

The imbalace is and will be always here since same archetypes has different abbilities.
Destro has magus and choppa pull ad 0 ranged KDs, order has 2 ranged KDs and engi pull. Until melee SH get reworked destro had 0 pounces. When You play on both sides, you face of difference threads and all are verry anoying :-)
They are defendable. Also now that you name them, magus pull is 1 second faster than engi pull. The animation runs both for the same amount of cast time, but Magus rift will pull in the next second after the animation ends, while engi will pull 2 seconds after the cast ends.
Spoiler:

Wdova

Post#70 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:22 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:11 am
Wdova wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:20 am

They are defendable. Also now that you name them, magus pull is 1 second faster than engi pull. The animation runs both for the same amount of cast time, but Magus rift will pull in the next second after the animation ends, while engi will pull 2 seconds after the cast ends.
Do You speak from personal expirience(playing both magus and engi) or from one side point of view while grass is greener on other side?

If difference in casting is true, that should be fixed asap.

I am maybe anoying with this but I strongly recomend roll both sides. Only than You discover that abilities of enemy You whine about are as anoying as ability of Your realm.
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+