Recent Topics

Ads

Weapon skill and armor pen question.

Let's talk about... everything else
Ulmius

Weapon skill and armor pen question.

Post#1 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:34 pm

Let's suppose I have 20% armor penetration and I am going up against someone that has 20% dmg reduction from armor.
Will the extra damage I have be 20% of 20% so 4% more damage? Or, will it negate their 20% so it's as if they don't have any damage reduction?

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Weapon skill and armor pen question.

Post#2 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Armor penetration is ignoring a percentage of opponent armor value, it's not flat-out lowering the % mitigation of their armor (wich depends on their armor value).

So if you have 50% armor pen from your 700 WS, you will ignore half the armor value of opponent.
You will ignore 1000 armor on a 2000 armored opponent, and so on.

14 WS = 1% armor pen.
44 armor = 1% mitigation.
But one is not fully cancelling the other.
Your calculation is mostly correct, you ignore 20% of their armor, so it should be 20% * 20% = 4% more damage.
Against a tank with 100% damage mitigation from armor, you will ignore 20%, so +20% damage, and so on. The higher the armor value, the better WS effect is.
Then, Toughness is lowering remaining damage, so you won't deal exactly 50% of your physical damage with 700 WS, unless your target have 0 Toughness.

So the more armored your target is, the more effect your WS will have.

Chinesehero

Re: Weapon skill and armor pen question.

Post#3 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:02 pm

if ur class have armor debuff, WS is super useful. u can easily decrease a tank's armor to 50%
Mara have this ability
ofc high WS dont work on some light armor class like healer, healer is low armor so even u get high WS, healer not much difference from it since WS decrease the ratio, small armor mean u deduce small ratio but if u have armor debuff, u almost can make a healer near no armor, WS is not important already