Recent Topics

Ads

New players! 100% Tax Rate Guilds

Let's talk about... everything else
Vraekon

Re: New players! 100% Tax Rate Guilds

Post#11 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 am

What do most guilds charge for tax rate? i dont know what is too high.

Ads
Onemantankwall

Post#12 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:15 am

Vraekon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 am What do most guilds charge for tax rate? i dont know what is too high.
L2P being active 12+ almost 24/7 in some way we're set at 30%. It's just enough to pay for a couple claimed zones a week at a high rate of 80g a zone and still be able to supply decent talis/pots/gold to its members. It be higher if we were a smaller guild but thankfully we dont have to go that high. If devs don't want high tax rates limit the cap and for gods sake lower the cost for opening vault space and bring down the cost of claiming zones. Otherwise people will have to pull together the gold somehow without personally wasting hours on end farming mats for crafting.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Vayra

Post#13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:43 am

Interesting that 100% tax rate is even possible, pretty sure it was capped at 50% on live.

But yeah, total **** move for new player guilds to do that, hiking the tax all the way to the max was something the hardcore guilds used to do on live to claim keeps and supply members with pots and talis.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

userkiller

Post#14 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Vayra wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:43 am Interesting that 100% tax rate is even possible, pretty sure it was capped at 50% on live.
It wasn't.
Revvo - WL

bichka

Post#15 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Modwolf wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:30 pm What is a reasonable tax rate?
0% since there no working altar in keep and no upgrades for claimed keep too. Or i am wrong?
all good gear is BOP here.

all this pug guilds is about to exploit taxes for nothing in return.

Wam

Post#16 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 pm

25-90% approx, like mentioned most the money individuals generate come from other sources (crafting or vendor or quest) 90% when was more hardcore and run raids most days... less relaxed when decent amount of money in bank to just guildinvolve active zones on raids or roamings for extra renown/contri that is only purpose real I see of guild tax... people should generate enough self income to look after their own potions from killing... Talismans are easy to help out guildies with. Guild involve can get pretty expensive fast when you hit multiple zones.

I see some guilds recruit en masse and just laugh because i know their guild leaders going to soak it all up and just basically be a pariah taking advantage/exploit of newbies who dont know any better... Better for them to level up without a guild then join one at 40 , unless they want to pay for some social aspect or get help in the lower tiers / support . (But for social aspect there is plenty of channels, discord and forums to talk in)

most new players won't even realise they are getting skimmed... and shady people who do this should know better :roll:

Shame shame shame :twisted:

10-50 gold (for little service) might not sound like alot to a veteran, but to a new person its a hella lot... especially one that doesnt craft, and needs to get expensive mount and talismans for leveling gear and upgrades... also if in pugs only and bad return ratio for time spent...

then you multiple the 10-50 gold by many players and you can see the pyramid scheme makes alot for the guy at the top :lol:
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Limitlessness

Post#17 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:20 am

To be honest, I have never been in a guild, I have never killed anyone, I have not participated in any kneading, I have not even collected resources for the tsar—only trading and crafting.

agemennon675

Post#18 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am

Modwolf wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:30 pm What is a reasonable tax rate?
If guild provide nothing to members %0 is the reasonable tax rate. If guild can supply consumables and talismans to the players in need like newcomers etc. than %20 %30 is normal.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads