Recent Topics

Ads

MAJOR PROBLEM IN T2-T3 - 16-39 ACKNOWLEWGED

Let's talk about... everything else
Garner

Re: MAJOR PROBLEM IN T2-T3 - 16-39 ACKNOWLEWGED

Post#41 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:43 pm

Dakiaris wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:00 pm All the players who are like "I see nothing wrong here" are honestly being disingenuous when saying "well new players just need to you know get some experience and do it themselves".

Farming the enemy 500 to 0 where the ENTIRE enemy team gets no xp or rr and telling them to get experience.... Honestly seems toxic as hell.

I mean I'm 74 games in and hadn't won but 2... I've gotten a single level and 1 rr at lvl 28..... Do you understand how stupid that is on a double xp/rr event ?

Anyway I'm sure that people will be like "duh just get good bro" or some crap happens in every pvp game but seriously doing this just chases people away and will end up making the pop very small in the long run. Give it a few weeks then go about your business don't stomp the newbies and chase them away.
Sir... it is impossible to play 74 scenarios and only have 1 renown rank. Also, losing doesn't magically change to winning without effort. You think a 6-man premade is bad? Wait until you run into a full 24 and they delete your health bar by just saying "3.. 2.. 1.. BOMB" in voice coms. The game is built around team play.

Ads
Jahledan

Post#42 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 pm

I was truly happy when my son sent me a link to this game being an old player from "Official" game launch. Played a few days leveling in in t1 and listening to the odd t2-t4 chat.

I then leveled into t2 and felt empty (for a better word) inside after seeing that my t1 weapon and armor was NOT bolstered up and seen the outcome from not doing so. I can tickle you with my weapon while you can fart and 2 shot me. That is were the sadness set in.
We got to play a BRIEF T2 last night and all who were there had a good time and felt useful in being low level. That did not get to last long but I'm very thankful to the folks running the server for the thought of letting us low lvl pincushions have a bit of fun.

Long story short why throw players into that situation with the gear gap so vast? How can any player find that fun on either side of the dice? What happened to a challenge instead of a cake walk? Is there not enough players to open up T2 at least to help with that HUGH gear jump? We can hope.

Thanks for your time

Edit: Still looking for a group of old folks to guild up with.

Xissc

Post#43 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Jahledan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 pm I was truly happy when my son sent me a link to this game being an old player from "Official" game launch. Played a few days leveling in in t1 and listening to the odd t2-t4 chat.

I then leveled into t2 and felt empty (for a better word) inside after seeing that my t1 weapon and armor was NOT bolstered up and seen the outcome from not doing so. I can tickle you with my weapon while you can fart and 2 shot me. That is were the sadness set in.
We got to play a BRIEF T2 last night and all who were there had a good time and felt useful in being low level. That did not get to last long but I'm very thankful to the folks running the server for the thought of letting us low lvl pincushions have a bit of fun.

Long story short why throw players into that situation with the gear gap so vast? How can any player find that fun on either side of the dice? What happened to a challenge instead of a cake walk? Is there not enough players to open up T2 at least to help with that HUGH gear jump? We can hope.

Thanks for your time

Edit: Still looking for a group of old folks to guild up with.
Before they merged all the tiers together (t2-t4) there was no one. you had to level by PVE. I have a couple characters that I leveled at this time that I don't play because they are 40/20ish. They can't even wear armor for their level from pvp. I'm pretty sure this is one reason they changed it to the way it is. Once you learn how to gear and and such the bolster you'll find is silly till lvl 31 in the oRVR lakes. I've had 20's do more damage to me than 40/80's that know how to gear and play.

Seeing this just tells me it's an experienced player that put in the time to get the gear and has friends/guild to back him up and play the way the game was meant to be played. And the reason someone uses the xp pots isn't to level is lower leveled friends, it's to make sure you are over a certain Renown Rank before you get creamed as a fresh 40. If you think this is bad.... when you hit 40/40 you're in fora rude awakening.

Jahledan

Post#44 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm

I most likely wont be around for lvl 40 to be honest. The unbalanced process of lvl 16 with upped hitpoints helps nothing with the gear gap. T2 should not fight T4 with Max gear period. That is not fun no matter how you try to spin it.

The RUDE awaking has happen already

Cirronis

Post#45 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:09 pm

Jahledan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm I most likely wont be around for lvl 40 to be honest. The unbalanced process of lvl 16 with upped hitpoints helps nothing with the gear gap. T2 should not fight T4 with Max gear period. That is not fun no matter how you try to spin it.

I have fun, I also mainly level in scenarios taking xp reducers from 16+-40. Gap isn’t that bad join a WB and soak renown and XP, last night had 200% aao had 3 low levels on aoe cannons, got a total of 45 kills in 5 mins leveled 3 times with 75% reduced xp from 22-25 and went from 35 rr to 41.

Lithenir

Post#46 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Jahledan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:01 pm I most likely wont be around for lvl 40 to be honest. The unbalanced process of lvl 16 with upped hitpoints helps nothing with the gear gap. T2 should not fight T4 with Max gear period. That is not fun no matter how you try to spin it.

The reason behind the merge of the T2-T4 campaign is that a week ago we had a server-cap with max 1500 ppl and on EU main time there were like 1300 ppl around at max. Mostly no fresh players. As you can imagine - like on live - T2 and T3 was more than dead. So the campaign was merged and everyone could participate everywhere. Now since a week new players arive on a daily basis. Keep in mind that this is private server and devs doing everything in there spare time so decisions can take a while.

I understand your frustration but the decision to merge the campaign was made in different times. There is one thing you need on this server and it is patience

Jahledan

Post#47 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Cirronis wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:09 pm

I have fun, I also mainly level in scenarios taking xp reducers from 16+-40. Gap isn’t that bad join a WB and soak renown and XP, last night had 200% aao had 3 low levels on aoe cannons, got a total of 45 kills in 5 mins leveled 3 times with 75% reduced xp from 22-25 and went from 35 rr to 41.
I understand where you are coming from but the problem lies within myself here. I want to contribute not leech. That is just been ingrained in me from childhood and I'm too old to change that now.

I also understand why they merged due to lack of players. But they bolster your hitpoints but leave the gear at lvl t1. Why not bolster that up x2 of what is is for expl until better gear is obtained by player? I'm thankful they boost the life and main stat but it does little good when your in a rainstorm wrapped in paper towles and hitting with a twig from the rose bush.

Just for the record I'm not gripping or pushing against the "Man" here. Just trying to make it a bit more enjoyable for all while the lower level players gear and catch up to the big show.

Thanks again for your time
Last edited by Jahledan on Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sengirv

Post#48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:49 pm

Ok no that is a major problem. Major. But it would take alot of work and ideas to change. Simply naming people who do it and saying ban them is not constructive or helpful. Plus its not a wide spread problem. I promise you 90% of the new players didnt think of doing this or making a twink untill this post. But I do apologize if I sounded toxic or insensitive. Not my intention.
And the t2-t4 server merge has been around for along time. The bolster is great. You CAN gear simply by knowing what to do. But since your new you have gain the 'Experience'. And since its a new game you have to 'get better' and make 'teams'. If thats not for you...well this and alot of MMOs arent for you. No way around it.

Ads
littlepoit

Post#49 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:36 pm

i want a refund !

seriously, the current setup was done for a reason which is to allow everyone to experience the game as it should be aka an mmo instead of the former miserable solo pve grind that was t2/t3 (which literally discouraged me and i ' m sure others from playing the game since i will not touch PvE leveling) . this influx of new players is most likely temporary so it's probably not wise to make changes based on the current population....
You can still have that shitty PvE experience and avoid bolstered pvp altogether by the way. won't change the fact that at 40 you will face players that are much better geared than you no matter what which will be quite challenging. you may not like it but this is an old school mmo where time spent is rewarded (instead of being only skilled based). It's fine not to agree with that vision given that the trend today is to build multiplayer games that anybody can be competitive on right away , but i think the vast majority of the player base is here specifically because they enjoy the challenge of the current sytem.

Sulorie

Post#50 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Jahledan wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:44 pm I understand where you are coming from but the problem lies within myself here. I want to contribute not leech. That is just been ingrained in me from childhood and I'm too old to change that now.

I also understand why they merged due to lack of players. But they bolster your hitpoints but leave the gear at lvl t1. Why not bolster that up x2 of what is is for expl until better gear is obtained by player? I'm thankful they boost the life and main stat but it does little good when your in a rainstorm wrapped in paper towles and hitting with a twig from the rose bush.

Just for the record I'm not gripping or pushing against the "Man" here. Just trying to make it a bit more enjoyable for all while the lower level players gear and catch up to the big show.

Thanks again for your time
You are mistaken. Every stat is increased with bolster.
The paperdoll isn't showing you the true stats for the most part.
To properly use bolster, you need appropriate gear for your rank, this means no gear 4 ranks lower than your char level.
Set items or purple items can be a bit lower but check the vendors for proper gear.
Almost every item should have a talisman slot and you have to craft or buy talismans, which increase your base stats, so bolster can be bigger.
On some classes you can have like 1200+ mainstats due to bolster.

Nobody here has to defend anything, we all were in the same level range multiple times with new chars. I bet most here struggling have poor gear for their rank. Instead of complaining about gear gaps, ask for help to get proper gear.
Dying is no option.