Spamming scenarios vs RvR areas

Let's talk about... everything else
Renivalt

Spamming scenarios vs RvR areas

Post#1 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:43 am

Howdy y'all,

Rank 15 witch elf, having a really good time with the game. Reminds me of WoW when I could just spam BGs all day viably, but I had a question. Quested up until 10 or so, but since I've been spamming scenarios. Is it better to spam scenarios or should I stop to participate in RvR areas when they're up? Is there always an RvR area up? In regards to experience/renown gain, that is.

Thanks.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Spamming scenarios vs RvR areas

Post#2 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:59 pm

Renivalt wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:43 am Howdy y'all,

Rank 15 witch elf, having a really good time with the game. Reminds me of WoW when I could just spam BGs all day viably, but I had a question. Quested up until 10 or so, but since I've been spamming scenarios. Is it better to spam scenarios or should I stop to participate in RvR areas when they're up? Is there always an RvR area up? In regards to experience/renown gain, that is.

Thanks.
Usually there is always some rvr zone up. You can do rvr and still queue for sc. Just don't join warband, because no sc allowed there and mass rvr is your weakness anyway. Open warbands are slow for progression, being solo or in a group is more efficient and in general playing in zones with AAO bonus(
(Blue buff, when you are outnumbered).
Dying is no option.

Hogtooth

Post#3 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Do both, look at your gear sets that are coming up. They will alternate between offensive and defensive sets with both sc gear and rvr gear. Doing both allows you to get both sets or to know which area you will want to concentrate on. You're definitely going to want the SC weapons too which have both offensive or defensive options.
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:27 pm

Yep, do both so that you earn both types of currency (medallions and emblems). That will give you more options when purchasing gear at the vendors.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80