Recent Topics

Ads

If I wanted to play 2h Tank on Order which would my best choice?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orpheus66

If I wanted to play 2h Tank on Order which would my best choice?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:30 pm

It's hard to tell which is the general best choice, I was reading old threads saying KoTBS was the better 2h tank since some of his abilities are magic whereas IB most/all of his damage is physical. But I'm also reading some threads saying KoTBS is more of a SaB character now.

I do know SM uses 2h weapons but I personally don't like playing Elves but if they are far and away the best 2h Tank for Order I would consider it

Is there a compare and contrast for all the tanks on Order? Listing their strengths/weaknesses so I can figure out which I like best?

Ads
ashton007

Re: If I wanted to play 2h Tank on Order which would my best choice?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:58 pm

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in a 2h tank. I will tell you that SM has the highest dps output of any tank. This is because of his spirit damage and incredibly high spirit resist debuff. However something like the IB is better for solo as you can get a heal and KD.

Orpheus66

Post#3 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:12 pm

ashton007 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:58 pm I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in a 2h tank. I will tell you that SM has the highest dps output of any tank. This is because of his spirit damage and incredibly high spirit resist debuff. However something like the IB is better for solo as you can get a heal and KD.
And KoTBS comes in at last for 2h play?

ashton007

Post#4 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:19 pm

I think the best way to play kotbs is 2h. You'll want that 10% crit buff for your wb.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:26 pm

ashton007 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:58 pm I guess it really depends on what you're looking for in a 2h tank. I will tell you that SM has the highest dps output of any tank. This is because of his spirit damage and incredibly high spirit resist debuff. However something like the IB is better for solo as you can get a heal and KD.
Black orc has the highest dps output of a tank. I have both. I can crit 1k per hit on tree hit combo at dominator set level on Borc and crit for 800 ether dance on SM at Blood lord set level

Knight has been nerfed hard, on their elemental dmg tactic so no one uses it (if you use it, you take 15% more dmg)

You play 2h for utility that knights bring, 10% crit debuff.

Orpheus66

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 pm

wpc56 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:26 pm
Black orc has the highest dps output of a tank. I have both. I can crit 1k per hit on tree hit combo at dominator set level on Borc and crit for 800 ether dance on SM at Blood lord set level

Knight has been nerfed hard, on their elemental dmg tactic so no one uses it (if you use it, you take 15% more dmg)

In your opinion which is the more enjoyable mechanic? And does IB have more burst potential?

synthrocker

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:19 pm

2H knight is mainly a utility bot. Guard, AOE wounds debuff with crit debuff, and auras. Knight is the lowest damage dealer in the game, after the runefang, mighty soul, and stay focused nerfs(all three were things that didn’t deserve to be). You’ll be fairly squishy for a tank because you lose a lot of block, gain decent parry, and do absolute junk for damage.

2H ib and 2H SM seem the way to go if you want a order 2H and do damage. But a 2H utility knight is still highly sought after, it’s just fairly situAtional (small scale rvr, 6v6, organized city WB)

2H BOs hurt and can be a pita to kill
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

ashton007

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:47 pm

wpc56 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Ok I agree but BO only does that good damage vs lower armored targets. SM can do that same good damage to any target. SM has more reliable damage.

Ads