Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
Wam

Re: To all twinks

Post#51 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:40 pm

Rimrender wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:18 pm Seems most of the twinks are in this thread. Don't mess with their ego boosting curb stomps, they probably cant handle higher end pvp.
on the contrary fighting people you think are twinks should get you more prepared for fighting the real big boys

the real big boys will be another few steps up from anything you will fight in lowbie levels... Zerg/Mont/LOB/Exodus and all the rest of the naughty 6 man players who organize themselves to be better and more optimal

they are players too just playing the game and trying to enjoy it, i don't think they would take much enjoyment from lack of challenge... but its part of the game you beat whats infront of you... they can bleed just like you do no one is immortal not even twinks or organised wb/6 mans...

its like if i went full autistic and brought leading organised warbands 24/7 to tier 1... i am within my rights as a player to seek the same enjoyment as others its been many years... just if i put in extra effort with leading, setups, gear etc... its very overkill and a bit harsh but also part of game. I haven't done so yet, but the possibility remains and event encourages it. If i did, I am not a troll for doing so, just another player playing the game. But one who is less salty.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
Detangler

Post#52 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:08 am To any new players on destro: if you feel like the OP and you are getting stomped by order premades, send in game mail to my Chosen in my signature, tell me your current level, and I'll send you 5 blue talismans up to +19 stats for free. Just gotta reach out to me and tell me what stat you want.
Still not one taker for my offer.... interesting. Still stands to new players - if you think your gear is outclassed I'll supply you with free blue talismans of your level for any stat except armor. Then you can be about as "twinked" as any order premade you fight.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Sulorie

Post#53 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:58 pm

Still not one taker for my offer.... interesting. Still stands to new players - if you think your gear is outclassed I'll supply you with free blue talismans of your level for any stat except armor. Then you can be about as "twinked" as any order premade you fight.
And then they will notice, that gear was never the reason for them to lose fights.
Dying is no option.

Lithenir

Post#54 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:46 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:13 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:58 pm

And then they will notice, that gear was never the reason for them to lose fights.
And that's why no one took the offer

geraldtarrant

Post#55 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:41 pm

All this delightfull tears in 1st week of playing. I can only imagine shittstorm before they will discover guard and detaunt, beeing oneshotted in t4 :D
Muschroom / Gloom / Iznoogood
Orz Guild
Nr1 Sorc Preaseason1 Solo, Nr1 Sorc Season3 Group

traja7

Post#56 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:43 pm

It doesn't matter if you can justify the behavior or rationalize it. It doesn't matter if you offer to help individuals. None of that makes a difference. All that matters is that you are creating an unwelcoming environment and that will lead to people moving on from the game. Your opinion of how entitled or unreasonable those players are won't prevent it. Of course this is all rational if your goal actually is to reduce player numbers. Is it?

Personally I am alright. Everything seems better than it was in the original and the pug SC works well enough for me. Doesn't mean that I wish for the fun to end because not everyone is able to adjust as easily.

Detangler

Post#57 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 pm

traja7 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:43 pm It doesn't matter if you can justify the behavior or rationalize it. It doesn't matter if you offer to help individuals. None of that makes a difference. All that matters is that you are creating an unwelcoming environment and that will lead to people moving on from the game. Your opinion of how entitled or unreasonable those players are won't prevent it. Of course this is all rational if your goal actually is to reduce player numbers. Is it?

Personally I am alright. Everything seems better than it was in the original and the pug SC works well enough for me. Doesn't mean that I wish for the fun to end because not everyone is able to adjust as easily.
I'm trying to help them out by giving them better stats! What's more welcoming than free stuff?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Sulorie

Post#58 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:17 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 pm
traja7 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:43 pm It doesn't matter if you can justify the behavior or rationalize it. It doesn't matter if you offer to help individuals. None of that makes a difference. All that matters is that you are creating an unwelcoming environment and that will lead to people moving on from the game. Your opinion of how entitled or unreasonable those players are won't prevent it. Of course this is all rational if your goal actually is to reduce player numbers. Is it?

I'm trying to help them out by giving them better stats! What's more welcoming than free stuff?
You giving them free stuff requires them to make the first move. It would be better, if they wouldn't have to ask in the first place, because player interactions don't fit to a proper pug experience. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
traja7

Post#59 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:54 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 pm I'm trying to help them out by giving them better stats! What's more welcoming than free stuff?
Are you giving free stuff to as many new players as you are rolling over in pvp? I am going to guess that it is not even close and that is what would be required for you to even out the damage that you do.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#60 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:13 am

traja7 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:54 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:02 pm I'm trying to help them out by giving them better stats! What's more welcoming than free stuff?
Are you giving free stuff to as many new players as you are rolling over in pvp? I am going to guess that it is not even close and that is what would be required for you to even out the damage that you do.
Thats quality. I like it.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM