Recent Topics

Ads

To all twinks

Let's talk about... everything else
Koro

To all twinks

Post#1 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:34 pm

Hello everyone - new returning player here. I wanted to leave here a message to all twink chars/organized groups running twinked pre-40 scenarios.

Recently I've started playing here with 2 of my friends and really enjoying comeback to the game. Especially now it feels a great time to roll a new toon or start playing with recent boom of fresh players. It almost feels like in the days of game launch.

Most of the time I'm doing PvE, questing and leveling - having really good time. Today and yesterday I was trying with my small group of newbies some scenarios from time to time in between leveling and questing. Our experience was more-less the same - extremely uneven matches full of twinks completly dominating every scenario to a level that when certain twinked group runned scenarios all day we were forced to opt out of this activity completely due to it being unfair to the extreme every single time we tried it - being matched against the same twinked and well organized group of veterans. It wasn't just a single match - we saw the same nicknames repeatedly doing 10x of damage any newb character did and running scenarios for many hours over and over.

My message to such players is simple - please don't do that now. Leave your twinked chars for a month till that influx of newbies passes and let us have some fun. I'm pretty sure majority of new players can share our experience and probably would want to play in the weekend many more scenarios but coudn't simply cause of how pointless whole mode feels like right now- no matter if you're on winning or loosing side.

So please - instead of ruining the experience for us leave your twinks for a while, maybe make a new toon, level it with us, maybe help some newbs with advice and share the knowledge that allowed you to make those amazing quadrillion DPS chars - it's real fun with so many people doing public quests on all levels! Don't twink your char - join with us on scenarios in green gear, have fun and allow others to enjoy it too! I'm sure new people will queue MUCH more often when matches will start to become fair again.

Cheers!

Ads
Tanski

Re: To all twinks

Post#2 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:16 am

People don’t twink to a point where they are unbeatable. They just equip tali’s and potions for a moderate advantage. The bigger concern for new players is premades, which is why the pug sc is huge.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Lithenir

Post#3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:18 am

As much as I understand your frustration about that as much I have to tell that this won't happen.
People want to play their twinks properly, as you should play your new char. With the best items available.
The reality is, that many veterans use the x2 event to play twinks because of how fast you lvl - I do it myself. When the x2 event is over I am sure the twinks will fade away and the veterans return to their usual chars - like it always has been.
Until then, try to learn from them as much as you can, get in touch with veterans on your side and build grps with them, get in discord with them. You will learn much more and get just better than staying with your friends alone. Look for a guild, many guilds are recruiting and happy to help.

elykz

Post#4 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 am

Once they start losing, people see twinks everywhere. If not they see cheaters everywhere..
I know its hard to hear but.. you should stop finding excuses for your defeats.
People without experience can't expect to beat experienced organized players in the blink of an eye.. Learning takes time, and losing is part of the process.
If people can't handle a few 36+ with pots and crap talis.. how are they going to handle t4..

Koro

Post#5 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:40 am

Lithenir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:18 amPeople want to play their twinks properly, as you should play your new char. With the best items available.
In post above I just invited veterans to play with us on NORMAL characters that you level and gear naturally and NOT chars who roll on -75%xp item and were geared through weeks of effort/doing duns in guild.

I believe I'm playing with best items available for a char on my level. I'm in gold set gear from PQ bags - I also use potions that I craft and friend of mine makes talismans. What i see in scenarios are not "properly played twinks" - it's organized veterans that run their chars on -75%xp items and got their gear farmed from gods know where. I see no problem in old players using the event to level just like we do but with slightly better knowledge of the game.

Lithenir wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:18 am Until then, try to learn from them as much as you can, get in touch with veterans on your side and build grps with them, get in discord with them. You will learn much more and get just better than staying with your friends alone. Look for a guild, many guilds are recruiting and happy to help.
There is nothing I could "learn" nor improve that would change 500-0 matches going on through almost whole day. I've been playing this weekend and saw mostly 2 groups of the same twinked premades queuing scenario after scenario. On our side only people who played were folks who wanted to check if that group is gone and upon realization that the mode is screwed by them returned to questing after being unable to play against even opponents. Instead of allowing whole lot of new players enjoying what Warhammer has best those 2 groups forced probably 10x more people they had to skipp scenario mode completely. Don't you see how harmful it is for the game?

elykz wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 am If people can't handle a few 36+ with pots and crap talis.. how are they going to handle t4..
Would it be that hard for you to allow "those people" to handle being match against each other? You have your t4 - why not compete there?
Last edited by Koro on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lischang

Post#6 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:47 am

Fighting against strong characters will - if you're not just running headless into them - teach you to play the game. There's no premade that can't be beat.
TUP

Koro

Post#7 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:50 am

Lischang wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:47 am Fighting against strong characters will - if you're not just running headless into them - teach you to play the game. There's no premade that can't be beat.
Sorry to disappoint you - only thing I learned today is how I should avoid queueing when premade twinks are playing. On the other hand if matched with even opponents - like people that also just started the game and gear in similar way I do - here I think I could actually learn something if not 100x times more.
Last edited by Koro on Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lischang

Post#8 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:01 am

You're not dissapointing me - I'm merely tell you as it is. It was like this before the influx and it will be the same after. Right now you're dealing with 6 friends that proberly made a good composition of classes and are rewarded for their effort - imagine playing against 24 of them. That's RvR and it's a fact you'll have to learn to deal with at some point, else you're gonna have a bad time on the server.
TUP

Ads
Koro

Post#9 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:02 am

@Lischang You know what? Let me humor you on that whole "Learning" experience and make a small comparison:

When you want to learn boxing you join the club. You may learn from the best (vet players advice etc) but still you'll spar with other freshmen. If you'd translate this to current situation on scenarios it's like you'd be matched for boxing sparing with... trained soldier carrying AK-47. OHH yesss - such an EDUCATING experience - please teach me sensei....

Lischang

Post#10 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:05 am

You're too salty to reason with, so I'm not gonna bother. I hope you have success on the server and have a great time, and good sunday to you :)
TUP