Recent Topics

Ads

New Player Needing Advice (or: what even is t4 rvr)

Let's talk about... everything else
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: New Player Needing Advice (or: what even is t4 rvr)

Post#11 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:27 pm
uanaka wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:07 pm I do have to ask if you were just running around in an unorganized pug warband? Those are great during sieges to put people together for guards and heals, but they're not particularly effective when roaming without a decent warband leader.

Also what class were you playing? Are you staying up to date with your gear? Are you assisting targets?
They were somewhat organized? I don't know. Didn't seem like there was much of a larger plan going on.

I'm playing a Magus, 22/28. My gear is basically what I got from medallions and influence. And I don't know about assisting. I'm trying to find targets that other people are damaging, if that is what you mean. Or I'm Aoeing.
Buy low level talismans in auction (the green ones are really cheap) or ask in chat and sure some vets will spare some, the bolster buff will increse if you use some talis.
you probably using your aoe dots...well aoe dot dmg will do nothing vs well organized wbs, mostly of your dots will be cleansed by healers. Anyways aoe dot dmg is not a burst dmg, is only a aoe pressure to healers...sorcs are for aoe burst damage.
pick your targets => dots on tanks do nothing.
Pet => you need you pet alive and stay close to you (use turret range anddon) : viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20807&p=229247&hil ... et#p229247

try to respecialize (its free) into havoc spec and try to get bolt of change asap (min level 24) => stay at backline and pick your targets: slayers/white lion/witch hunters from the enemy frontline, they are easy to kill if not guarded/healed properly. Forget tanks and healers, FOCUS ON DPS (better mdps).
Dont go close to frontline, stay back and use ST spells of havoc tree.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/career/magus

Ads
TiberiusD

Post#12 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:07 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:21 pm Expect a change to bolster mechanics with the Saturday patch if we don't have it in sooner. It is lower than intended currently, and very unfortunately.
can us Career rank 40 players be bolstered to 16 if we enter T1 without being a chicken? and have the same requirements as this week's event?
that would be lovely

Wodin79

Post#13 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:10 pm

You are welcome to join a friend of mine and I in the server Discord to join us for scenarios. We are just two now but would be happy to have another person to help.

If we are around we hang out in the general voice channel. Hope to see you there just to vent, if nothing else!

Skullgrin

Post#14 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:49 pm That was a great piece of advice. All new players should hear this, really. Made a huge difference!

Glad to hear that it helped. A word of warning tho, you will eventually get burned out on scenarios if you play them exclusively - it takes a long time to happen but it does happen.

I'd initially suggest playing all of them you can just to get a feel for which ones you like vs. which ones you don't. Once you're familiar with how they work don't be afraid to skip the ones you hate, life's too short to waste it grinding away at them. I'd also recommend Martoks video scenario guides/overviews, you'll need to search thru that thread (or just go to his youtube channel) to find the ones for scenarios (he needs to reorganize that thread to make them easier to find :P ), but theres lots of good advice in them.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80